• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - STRANGE MAGIC (1 Viewer)

Requesting a macro for the mission Strange Magic.
This is a pretty tough mission, tho as in some other discussions there are ways to lower the "suck" a little bit. @hellfyre, @VorpalChicken, and a few others had some good tips in that thread. Things like - restarting and zoning in and out until you get the first Golem up you want - invising and waiting on cooldowns between tries etc.

Assuming your group can handle the mission, I'm not really sure there is much to macro - unless you just mean specifically events to hand the run away and things like that?

I was thinking more on the lines of formations and rooting.

"Guide Fun with Formations" article for Hex placement (split up) and pile up toons for Lifebane - then auto root/mez on the shards. I have war/druid/cleric/mage/zerker Currently the bard mez isnt too effective on shard (at end you get 5) and i have to use group root on the shards on my druid - its not automatic. Take the druid out of the heal mix and I die on the last mob.

Is this really that hard of an event? I have a mostly RoS geared SK with well geared (EoK raid and a bunch of GMM non-vis) backups .... cleric, enchanter, wiz, zerk, ranger.

I haven’t started TBL progression yet, but ... I’m looking forward to this!

Is this really that hard of an event? I have a mostly RoS geared SK with well geared (EoK raid and a bunch of GMM non-vis) backups .... cleric, enchanter, wiz, zerk, ranger.

I haven’t started TBL progression yet, but ... I’m looking forward to this!

No, but it could be! I imagine without some form of fast AE CC its tough because the little adds hit like a truck. I thought this would be the toughest mission of the expac and face rolled it my first time in. Enc beam of slumber = win here ( shm spiritual rebuke would probably work also ), because even if the mez doesnt stick they still get rooted and you just walk the named away from em. Planning makes a difference too....if you know the life/death is gonna blow people up if they arent close together why not fight in a big pile? Static discharge is the opposite so you should have a hotkey ( or event ) to spread the whole group out. Stuff like that, for tough events you cant just run your normal group xp .ini's and hot keys. Read about the events ahead of time, understand the mechanics and make adjustments. Trial of Ashes of Rusted cliffs glory is way harder than this event

I beat it, but had to rez up a bunch, finally if you can rez up around the corner from the active mob, you can use (druid) ae root to pull the shards to you and it doesn't seem to aggro the named right away, root as a pulling tool..go figure. So just chip away at the shards, remember when last boss dies you get 5 shards, but at that point the mezzer(bard)/root started working perfectly.....just amazing pita

Death? Oh yes you gonna see it in this one. The only shining fact that i did follow and experienced is "Dropping the mission if you dont get the spell golem as first target". As for DPS i used two zerkers using MQ2Berzerker while shamy weaving epic 2.0 on nameds and adds. For mezzing i used IHCmercs which worked like wonders, same thing for my cleric too. Tank is warrior Max AAs and Max Adamant armor AC 7K and around 1300 hAGI. Did not pay attention to emotes since i had the healing power.

hit or miss on this mission key to wins is 1)solid tank 2)good cc (i prefer a good chanter 3)adequate to good healing , good dps doesnt hurt
sometimes I get a flawless vicotory other times its a wipe, some wipes can be recovered others have to redo mission
sk uses melee
chanter uses autochanter
zerkers use modified afkmelee
healers use kiss

hit or miss on this mission key to wins is 1)solid tank 2)good cc (i prefer a good chanter 3)adequate to good healing , good dps doesnt hurt
sometimes I get a flawless vicotory other times its a wipe, some wipes can be recovered others have to redo mission
sk uses melee
chanter uses autochanter
zerkers use modified afkmelee
healers use kiss
Other times!? you did this more than once

Fuck this place - took me like 3 hours of misery to finally clear it bleh *spit*

Other times!? you did this more than once

Fuck this place - took me like 3 hours of misery to finally clear it bleh *spit*

Lol, this is exactly the stance I took with the Skyfire RoS profession mission. Why the hell would someone do that more than once?!?!

I didn’t need the gear, so it was just a means of getting to VP. I’m probably going to do the same thing here... just get to mearatus (sp?).

I do some missions like this one or skyfire, 12 man vp mission mostly cause I can box it alone w 5 silver accounts and 1 gold grp geared toon to make some plat or krono when i need or want it
btw the chanter i use is geared in tds grp gear
I been told if you have gold accts or raid gear or dont do it alone its not that hard anymore

some tips:
Always pull golems into the corners behind the pillars so you don't have line of sight to the next golem that activates.
Don't fight the adds as they spawn. Cast a group invis as soon as a golem dies and they won't agro when they spawn. There is enough of a delay between golem death and add pop that you can get off a group invis spell.
Zone out after each fight. The event does not reset. Take as long as you want. Invis again when you are ready to go back in.
Hold out for Spellbinding golem as the first one to activate. If you don't get spellbinding, zone out and drop task.
Clicking the siphon does not break invis. Stay invis until you're ready to fight and always fight on your terms.
KissAssist is all you need to do this. Each golem is essentially a tank and spank fight save for hex and lifebane that have dead simple emotes to follow.
Pet classes will have their pets banished after each fight. The banish also hits any of the shards that were left up from the previous golem. If you don't re-agro the shards, you can skip every single one until the end.

I am really struggling with this one. Spent 3 hours+ trying to do it today. Splinters keep agroing no matter what I do and the Arcane golem which activates 2nd keeps kicking my backside.
I have been restarting it to get the Spell golem 1st, which on average is taking 12-15 tries. I can kill that one but the arcane one is a nightmare.
Also the one that requires you to move away from it, I havent actually got to this part yet, surely will agro all the splinters when you follow the emote?
My SK is full tier 3 TBL crafted and all GMM tank items. He seems to be getting killed in one go with shammy and cleric both healing.

If you have a shm or any type of multi root toon can help, keep the named tight in the cubby and when it dies invis group. you can let the shards spawn and then VP them into the corner.
Also if you accidentally get the next boss at this point you can vp/root him off too, and even dot kill him down till 1% then he summons.

I've actually done this both ways rooting and then killing off the shards staying in the same cubby, and just rooting them off and keeping them rooted while fighting the next boss in his cubby.

Like said above you only need to kill spellbinder first due to the zonewide AE it has, everything else is recoverable since you can stay invis.

so for instance you kill him, invis and even zone out and recover if needed. invis up and zone back in move to the cubby and punt the shards tight in corner then agro next boss.
rinse and repeat.

Lol, this is exactly the stance I took with the Skyfire RoS profession mission. Why the hell would someone do that more than once?!?!
I do Tears for giggles these days, the nice dex (Emperian Cinder of Ash ?) has a chance to be in the chest (3 so far)

Stay back in cubby
Kill golem
Then if lucky the opposite golem activates and you tank shards+golem at once.
If not well kill the shards (golem shouldn't aggro if in the back)
So now you have 1/2 dead
pull and kill next one to same spot
focus on killing shards while killing golem
once shards are dead kill golem
repeat shards/golem
win !

Biggest pain in this mission is actually running there.

Last edited:
I am really struggling with this one. Spent 3 hours+ trying to do it today. Splinters keep agroing no matter what I do and the Arcane golem which activates 2nd keeps kicking my backside.

If you pop the splinters in the very back corner of their cubby and then fight the next golem in the back corner of his cubby, the splinters should not have line of sight to you. It's more difficult if you're fighting in diagonally opposite corners, but adjacent corners are easier.

Also the one that requires you to move away from it, I havent actually got to this part yet, surely will agro all the splinters when you follow the emote?

You don't actually need to move that far away, but there is a chance that you will pull the splinters at this point.

My SK is full tier 3 TBL crafted and all GMM tank items. He seems to be getting killed in one go with shammy and cleric both healing.
What do your healer inis look like? Are you utilizing all the tools a cleric and shaman have available?

I always group invis and run to the exit after each golem kill before continuing.

There have been many missions I struggled with - and I honestly expected this to be one after reading some threads on it. But I went in first time and cleared it with all achieves. My group was war/cleric/enc/wiz/rog/mag. We had no issues, I didn’t even cycle to get the specific golem first. Maybe having a chanter made the difference for me, I’ve tried to replace her with bard but CC is just not nearly as dependable.

My group make up is SK/CLeric/Bard/Shaman/Zrk/Rog. Zerk and Rog both use the applicable plugins. Shaman I use an ini file form the library, and cleric uses ihcmercs. SK I run an ini file from the library using kissnomove so I can position him.
How is everyone getting the golem in the corner, I pull from behind but invariably he stands on top of the pillar, then when the shards spawn they are infront of it and engaging them pulls the next golem.
2 shards and a golem wipe me fast, dread to think what would happen with 5 shards.

How is everyone getting the golem in the corner, I pull from behind but invariably he stands on top of the pillar, then when the shards spawn they are infront of it and engaging them pulls the next golem.
I do not stand behind the pillar, bit left or right then when he aggro I do a hate attraction and unbridled strike to position him where I want, never seen it on top of the pillar (SK tank)

2 shards and a golem wipe me fast, dread to think what would happen with 5 shards.
Dragon glyph on 3rd golem, then it is a race to kill 3rd + shard + 4th + shards in 5minutes

Last edited:
[QUOTE="jande,
Dragon glyph on 3rd golem, then it is a race to kill 3rd + shard + 4th + shards in 5minutes
[/QUOTE]

There is no need to kill the shards, just cc them out of the way and focus on each golem. The shards despawn after the next golem dies until the last 5 shards at the end which need to be killed.

jande said:
There is no need to kill the shards, just cc them out of the way and focus on each golem. The shards despawn after the next golem dies until the last 5 shards at the end which need to be killed.
Crowd control :shrug: I have none ! Yeah I could do it on the shaman but that means I need to manually hit buttons. Tried to do it twice but that did not work for me, 3 zerkers makes short work of everything.

Tried this again tonight, thought i would try the hex golem 1st, killed him on 2nd attempt but tank was standing in middle of room for a reason i can not fathom and shard jumped on me along with the spell binder golem and it was game over.
Reason I tried hex golem 1st wasnt out of choice but after about 10 times resetting and not getting the spell binder I got sick of wasting time.

While there may be no need to kill the shards I usually just hide behind the pillar till the boss kill the shards then I pull the next one kill his shards and I repeat that the whole way through the Only Rule I have to follow to make sure that I don't die is that I keep re-entering till I get the spellbinding Golem first my group makeup is SK cleric shaman wizard mage enc I use ihc for cleric shaman RBC n lizzie kay for sk n mage my own inis. Which use mule ka. First run was rough as I didn't do the spellbinding first, once I did no issues whatsoever easy mission been selling taskadds lol

Request - STRANGE MAGIC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back