• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - STRANGE MAGIC

Sicprofundus

#Can'tStop #Won'tStop
RedCents
5,176¢
Requesting a macro for the mission Strange Magic.
This is a pretty tough mission, tho as in some other discussions there are ways to lower the "suck" a little bit. @hellfyre, @VorpalChicken, and a few others had some good tips in that thread. Things like - restarting and zoning in and out until you get the first Golem up you want - invising and waiting on cooldowns between tries etc.

Assuming your group can handle the mission, I'm not really sure there is much to macro - unless you just mean specifically events to hand the run away and things like that?

RedCents
231¢
Don't think a macro for this is going to help...or do anything. The missions, Chamber of Tears, lives up to its name.

RedCents
56¢
I was thinking more on the lines of formations and rooting.

"Guide Fun with Formations" article for Hex placement (split up) and pile up toons for Lifebane - then auto root/mez on the shards. I have war/druid/cleric/mage/zerker Currently the bard mez isnt too effective on shard (at end you get 5) and i have to use group root on the shards on my druid - its not automatic. Take the druid out of the heal mix and I die on the last mob.

RedCents
6,994¢
Is this really that hard of an event? I have a mostly RoS geared SK with well geared (EoK raid and a bunch of GMM non-vis) backups .... cleric, enchanter, wiz, zerk, ranger.

I haven’t started TBL progression yet, but ... I’m looking forward to this!

ihc385

RedCents
6,843¢
Is this really that hard of an event? I have a mostly RoS geared SK with well geared (EoK raid and a bunch of GMM non-vis) backups .... cleric, enchanter, wiz, zerk, ranger.

I haven’t started TBL progression yet, but ... I’m looking forward to this!
No, but it could be! I imagine without some form of fast AE CC its tough because the little adds hit like a truck. I thought this would be the toughest mission of the expac and face rolled it my first time in. Enc beam of slumber = win here ( shm spiritual rebuke would probably work also ), because even if the mez doesnt stick they still get rooted and you just walk the named away from em. Planning makes a difference too....if you know the life/death is gonna blow people up if they arent close together why not fight in a big pile? Static discharge is the opposite so you should have a hotkey ( or event ) to spread the whole group out. Stuff like that, for tough events you cant just run your normal group xp .ini's and hot keys. Read about the events ahead of time, understand the mechanics and make adjustments. Trial of Ashes of Rusted cliffs glory is way harder than this event

RedCents
56¢
I beat it, but had to rez up a bunch, finally if you can rez up around the corner from the active mob, you can use (druid) ae root to pull the shards to you and it doesn't seem to aggro the named right away, root as a pulling tool..go figure. So just chip away at the shards, remember when last boss dies you get 5 shards, but at that point the mezzer(bard)/root started working perfectly.....just amazing pita

RedCents
163¢
Death? Oh yes you gonna see it in this one. The only shining fact that i did follow and experienced is "Dropping the mission if you dont get the spell golem as first target". As for DPS i used two zerkers using MQ2Berzerker while shamy weaving epic 2.0 on nameds and adds. For mezzing i used IHCmercs which worked like wonders, same thing for my cleric too. Tank is warrior Max AAs and Max Adamant armor AC 7K and around 1300 hAGI. Did not pay attention to emotes since i had the healing power.

RedCents
170¢
hit or miss on this mission key to wins is 1)solid tank 2)good cc (i prefer a good chanter 3)adequate to good healing , good dps doesnt hurt
sometimes I get a flawless vicotory other times its a wipe, some wipes can be recovered others have to redo mission
sk uses melee
chanter uses autochanter
zerkers use modified afkmelee
healers use kiss

Sicprofundus

#Can'tStop #Won'tStop
RedCents
5,176¢
hit or miss on this mission key to wins is 1)solid tank 2)good cc (i prefer a good chanter 3)adequate to good healing , good dps doesnt hurt
sometimes I get a flawless vicotory other times its a wipe, some wipes can be recovered others have to redo mission
sk uses melee
chanter uses autochanter
zerkers use modified afkmelee
healers use kiss
Other times!? you did this more than once

Fuck this place - took me like 3 hours of misery to finally clear it bleh *spit*

Sicprofundus

#Can'tStop #Won'tStop
RedCents
5,176¢
RedCents
6,994¢
Other times!? you did this more than once

Fuck this place - took me like 3 hours of misery to finally clear it bleh *spit*
Lol, this is exactly the stance I took with the Skyfire RoS profession mission. Why the hell would someone do that more than once?!?!

RedCents
152¢
Lol, this is exactly the stance I took with the Skyfire RoS profession mission. Why the hell would someone do that more than once?!?!
Lol guess I'm just a glutton since I've done all these missions a couple dozen times.

RedCents
6,994¢
I didn’t need the gear, so it was just a means of getting to VP. I’m probably going to do the same thing here... just get to mearatus (sp?).

RedCents
170¢
I do some missions like this one or skyfire, 12 man vp mission mostly cause I can box it alone w 5 silver accounts and 1 gold grp geared toon to make some plat or krono when i need or want it
btw the chanter i use is geared in tds grp gear
I been told if you have gold accts or raid gear or dont do it alone its not that hard anymore

RedCents
1,513¢
some tips:
Always pull golems into the corners behind the pillars so you don't have line of sight to the next golem that activates.
Don't fight the adds as they spawn. Cast a group invis as soon as a golem dies and they won't agro when they spawn. There is enough of a delay between golem death and add pop that you can get off a group invis spell.
Zone out after each fight. The event does not reset. Take as long as you want. Invis again when you are ready to go back in.
Hold out for Spellbinding golem as the first one to activate. If you don't get spellbinding, zone out and drop task.
Clicking the siphon does not break invis. Stay invis until you're ready to fight and always fight on your terms.
KissAssist is all you need to do this. Each golem is essentially a tank and spank fight save for hex and lifebane that have dead simple emotes to follow.
Pet classes will have their pets banished after each fight. The banish also hits any of the shards that were left up from the previous golem. If you don't re-agro the shards, you can skip every single one until the end.