• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Starting out fresh on regular servers, possible? (1 Viewer)

Abyss

RedCents
29¢
So,

I havn't played actual "Regular servers" in a couple of years on EverQuest. I sold all my old toons. And just been playing on progression since it came out. But now that I won 100k, and a 30day card (Thanks Notaddicted/redbot) I was thinking I could try out the regular servers once more.

So here comes the question, how hard exactly is it to go from level 1 to level 90 with decent HoT gear? With no PL's, or higher end chars. Just 100k. For instance would I even be able to find groups alone? Or do I have to resort to multiboxing? Not sure what the higher end grouping is like nowadays.

It would be hard to do it with out boxing. 1-90 not so hard. As any expansion you can't do crap without AA's. You could easily gear up on the T1 armors drops in Feerrott but the progression missions are tough. Just need to find some friends or a good guild to help you and you should be fine.

abyss, u wanna team up? I am ready for a 100% fresh start. I will throw down and get 100k as well, you pick the server. Shoot me a PM.

best way to grind level is to make 2 char with merc melee war that grow up alone till 60 in the same time look for guild make new friend and at 60 group with them when in zone without requirement then at 75 take some taskadd from guildy with good family guild that work perfect just be nice and people help naturaly )

welcome to join me on AB abyss i play about 12 hours a day 7 days a week and 3 box always looking for company i can trust. i play from around 9am central to 10-11pm central time most days(us player)

Abyss, Start on drinal and you can just plop yourself down in my macro group and be 90 in a couple weeks. I just took a lvl 78 warrior to 90 in about a week doing my afk macro.

But, if I were starting from scratch so to speak, meaning no good gear or AAs. I would make a bard as my first char. Even with crap gear and AAs, I could max out level and AA within a month. I could then use him to PL anymore toons I needed. Bards = Solo masters using AFK macros.

EDIT: Don't join a guild if you can help it, I did when I returned in 2007 and got banned. Bastards turned me in for going from 60 with no AAs to 75 with 1000 in a matter of a couple weeks.

Drinal is for all the cool kids! My crew is 76-77 ish with a few hundred AA's. Not super crowded in old stuff.

Yea with all my old accounts getting reactivated, I'm having a hayday. I have 2 computers running 3 boxes each. I just busted my laptop open and started over from scratch as a goof. I'm going with Shaman with Tank merc. One thing I have noticed is, you will be straped for cash starting out. You said you got 100k so that should be fine until you buy your T4 armor set at 90. Overall its quite fun, Once you hit 60 level 90s can group and I'll probably just throw him in my macro from there.

Sweet, I will probably join up on drinal then. Seems like alot of NA plays on there.

Starting out fresh on regular servers, possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back