• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Starting fresh on Live! Leveling zone question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
Hello!

I'm just adventuring back into everqueset and was getting a group up and running. Currently i'm running a SK/SHM/BRD/ZERK/ZERK/MAGE. I have been having a ton of fun trying to navigate and understand these programs as I adventure through and get to see some zones hopefully soon that I haven't seen before (left originally during POP). My group is sitting at level 43 right now and the only problem i'm running into is i'm trying to tweak and understand these programs and i'm taking a lot of deaths right now since the zones i'm following on the leveling guides I see have usually a high mob density. Would anyone have any suggestions on zones to hit at my level or moving forward?

I'm using CWTN for everyone but the bard who is just twisting really, need to figure out something to make them more active. The main reason i'm taking the deaths right now is that I can't seem to get my SK to get aggro. With one mob i'm usually fine, sometimes the zerkers will pull aggro off me for a second but not a huge deal. Issue I have is that when I get 2-3 the bard tends to pull aggro from the songs, the sham turns to heal the bard and then takes aggro themselves and finally everyone is on the shaman and pop they are done. So if i'm flipping around and looking at stuff while this goes on i'm toast. Is there a way to have the SK actively pull aggro from other mobs? I thought that is what group watch was for but maybe just for when they are sitting back at camp. It could also be that i'm not high enough level yet for some things to work as smoothly as they do a little bit later in the game as my abilities develop.

Sorry for the long post, just seems like there is a HUGE database of super smart people and me googling and searching forums for the last few hours hasn't really got me any answers. Sorry if this is a duplicate post, just didn't see anything about it from my searching.

Have a great day and hopefully maybe see some of you in firiona some day!

I'm just adventuring back into everqueset and was getting a group up and running. Currently i'm running a SK/SHM/BRD/ZERK/ZERK/MAGE. I have been having a ton of fun trying to navigate and understand these programs as I adventure through and get to see some zones hopefully soon that I haven't seen before (left originally during POP). My group is sitting at level 43 right now and the only problem i'm running into is i'm trying to tweak and understand these programs and i'm taking a lot of deaths right now since the zones i'm following on the leveling guides I see have usually a high mob density. Would anyone have any suggestions on zones to hit at my level or moving forward?
Welcome back! Sounds like a fun group.

Being on the newer side to the automation, I would recommend any zone you can find that has no too low population for privacy and ease. Something around the 20's maybe so mobs don't die in one hit and so your SK can tank multiple mobs more easily. This may help you get more familiar with the crew and automation and then return to more level-appropriate zones later.

Bards get a mez, configure that and park those adds!
Check the mez section of your bards ini for something similar to the entry below. This should help with crowd control

[Mez]
MezOn=1
MezRadius=60
MezMinLevel=1
MezMaxLevel=53
MezStopHPs=80
MezSpell=Sionachie's Dreams
MezAESpell=Your AE Mez Spell|0

EDIT - This assumes you have the song/spell in your ini list and memmed

[Spells]
Gem#=Sionachie's Dreams

Last edited:
Welcome back! Sounds like a fun group.

Being on the newer side to the automation, I would recommend any zone you can find that has no too low population for privacy and ease. Something around the 20's maybe so mobs don't die in one hit and so your SK can tank multiple mobs more easily. This may help you get more familiar with the crew and automation and then return to more level-appropriate zones later.

Check the mez section of your bards ini for something similar to the entry below. This should help with crowd control

[Mez]
MezOn=1
MezRadius=60
MezMinLevel=1
MezMaxLevel=53
MezStopHPs=80
MezSpell=Sionachie's Dreams
MezAESpell=Your AE Mez Spell|0
Thank you for the input! I'll double check my bards ini compared to what you are posting there and see what I have.

I've been loving it, I think it might be time to invest some money in better equipment too, that might help as well. I think I managed to outfit all my toons for roughly 80kish plat. So i'm sure there are better things now that I could get vs when I geared up at level 18.

Dude They just refined RGMercs Bard play from 100 to 120 so they must have been happy with they lower levels you should try it. I run RGMercs on things that don't have Plugins yet for a fast out of the box soluition. Maybe what's happening has something to do with your choice in sub level 50 SK weapons? If you need just plain great weps as an SK or Pally. Try something with a lower delay. Should hold aggro better. You can level in Velks with your full group especially if you have a damage shield the spider hit fast not hard. Then you can move on to Veksar For static Undead mobs yummy.

Bards have never done much for me except get me killed. So he's playing like a Bard who grouped with me. Reroll A Chanter Great Plugin I made one just as a Buff Dummy now it's hard to get the bastard out of my group.

Dude They just refined RGMercs Bard play from 100 to 120 so they must have been happy with they lower levels you should try it. I run RGMercs on things that don't have Plugins yet for a fast out of the box soluition. Maybe what's happening has something to do with your choice in sub level 50 SK weapons? If you need just plain great weps as an SK or Pally. Try something with a lower delay. Should hold aggro better. You can level in Velks with your full group especially if you have a damage shield the spider hit fast not hard. Then you can move on to Veksar For static Undead mobs yummy.

Bards have never done much for me except get me killed. So he's playing like a Bard who grouped with me. Reroll A Chanter Great Plugin I made one just as a Buff Dummy now it's hard to get the bastard out of my group.
I will give the RGMercs a shot with my bard and check it out. I just really like bards because I used to play one, plus I get the run speed and haste/overhaste for the melee dps.

Velks was one place I was going to give a shot next, just didn't know about the whole slip and slide around haha. I'm sure wouldn't be terrible though by the time I get to upper dogs.

rgmercs bard gets the job done. He's not going to win any awards but I haven't had much issue with him hanging around through level 114 currently

/rgstart
/rg chaseon <chase toon>
/profit

rgmercs bard gets the job done. He's not going to win any awards but I haven't had much issue with him hanging around through level 114 currently

/rgstart
/rg chaseon <chase toon>
/profit
I did get that added in, since they are starting from level 1 melee skills it took a bit to get rolling but makes a difference. Every bit of dps helps for sure. Going to hop back on shortly and get my spells updated, maybe some gear as well, and then head back out!

No need for Mez at low levels.

Since you have a bard , sing run speed song and pull mobs outside karnors castle at 43, later when you get higher , go inside and pull to the entrance of the zone

The other thing to check for on a young bard on live is that you level so fast you skills may fall behind and you may "fizzle" your mez.

Make sure to park him for a bit and just have a sing a song in the correct family - I think its string? To raise up the skill - once the skill is high enough they will mez without fail.

The other thing to check for on a young bard on live is that you level so fast you skills may fall behind and you may "fizzle" your mez.

Make sure to park him for a bit and just have a sing a song in the correct family - I think its string? To raise up the skill - once the skill is high enough they will mez without fail.
Yeah i'm actually running into this right now where i'm fizzling on my haste spell since the last one was the basic one. Have to have them sit and practice with some instruments to get the skill up soon. I'm at velks now though and i'm able to pull pretty solid without needing to mez so it's good for now.

Question - Starting fresh on Live! Leveling zone question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back