• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Staff of Forbidden Rites (1 Viewer)

That's how I did it, not sure what changes they made but I did the whole thing with a group of 6 toons.. hardest part was the lord Nagafan raid which Sic shows above. for the dragon raid I just wrote a quick script to recast pet and have it atk, that and attacked it from the tunnel behind where you zone in at.

I do crystallos for the raid fame. Less fiddly than solteris, but proggy required to request

Vox raid is really about the 2 pulls. Nail that and it’s easy street

If doing with 6 , bringing in your pet toys on the cursor is critical , with 12 not so much.

I did Tower of Discord Last night! Easy Street! Had a buddy who has a druid box he came along and the only problem we had was lighting all the torches in event for in time before they went out Once we got that figured out the rest was cake.

i am asking about this staff need to try to get it for my shaman I have not done any raids is it possible to have other group get it and i get added to there mission with out the raids I had to buy my raid ear ring so am curious how I could get it

i am asking about this staff need to try to get it for my shaman I have not done any raids is it possible to have other group get it and i get added to there mission with out the raids I had to buy my raid ear ring so am curious how I could get it
you buy it from a vendor in pok, but to be able to buy it you need alot of stuff done

Good luck.
If you do have to do it, I think it took me about a week or so. I did Cryst for the raid requirement.

Edited to add that I did everything with 6 as well.

Last edited:
You can get the brew currency from the overseer merchant using overseer tetra. 1900 tetra for 1 brew.
You still have to do the OMM Naggy and Vox raids once to make the staff available for purchase from Old Man McKenzie

@q8reflex If you do tower of discord raid targets, there are no boring keying/flagging etc. They are easy with a 120 characters, the only minor issue I had doing them were the 12 braziers you have to light in one of the misisons.

You can find full details for each 7 encounters here: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4775

Btw. Make sure to have 6 characters. The 2nd event wont start if you do not have 6 characters on the platform.

Just to clarify, if someone is able to get the raid for you and you havent done them before or progression, can you still access to buy the staff after nag/vox completion?

Reason i ask this, have a few toons im working on getting brews and these are new accounts. I have 3- old mains I did POP-SOD progression and raids on that i can request these raids from OMM.

Just to clarify, if someone is able to get the raid for you and you havent done them before or progression, can you still access to buy the staff after nag/vox completion?

Reason i ask this, have a few toons im working on getting brews and these are new accounts. I have 3- old mains I did POP-SOD progression and raids on that i can request these raids from OMM.

If you just want to buy the Staff with OS currency.

You only need the VOX kill and nothing else.
These are 54-man raids that can be done with 6-12 toons. Just need to be in the raid for the kill.
You do not need to be in the zone or anything, it works like a hunter-kill flag.

I was doing them, and believe it or not I really enjoyed doing them.

I guess my biggest love of these missions, is a peek at the past. This is how eq use to be.

There are so many elements that we no longer as EQ players use.

For example the art of splitting mobs. I wonder how many here ever use a roamer to split mobs that cannot be split.
If you time pulling a roamer that is kind of close to 4 mobs. Normally pulling any of those would cause all four to agro.

Hitting the roamer just right will just pull 1 or 2 of the pack that could not be split, stuff like that is so cool.

Oh yes, these missions allow me to have 12 pets, woohoo, lol.

I am envious of you. I have never enjoyed any Monster Missions/shrouds. Between having to set up the AA and ... it's different. I don't like different. I like "me".
Exactly, I feel the same I only did these once and then farmed Overseer. Having to use aa's to do these missions blows having to come up with hotkeys and reconfigure stuff. Also hate trying to figure out which abilities are the higher-level spells.

I don't have access to tempus's strategy but I've done the raid a bunch.

As far as I know there is no real way to avoid the fear. If there is I'd love to hear about it.

What I do is load up two groups and take all the mages / necros.

I have a macro that handles all the pet summoning, pet weapons, assisting to kill targets, etc.

I clear a path to vox's room then I use harm shield on one of the necros to run into the room and send all the pets in. As harm shield is starting to fade I run the necro back to the group which is huddled just inside vox's room.

As the pets get feared and vox gets closer to the door way, I move the entire team back away from the door and into the hall. If she leashes, I pull all the pets and wait for the terror guys to respawn before I kill them and go again.

If you are on bertox and would like help send me a message. Its been a while since I've done them so wouldn't mind seeing how well I could do.

💯 this! I tried so many times and I finally tried tempus's strategy and was able to clear it easily
I've tried both strategies multiple times and can get to 50% but not complete victory.

Only 6 characters, so there's that. Biggest issue is if all the pets get feared, Lady Vox changes agro to one of the chars and gets too close to the hallway (either SE with Tempus' strat) or the NW entrance via the other strat.

I'll keep trying. It'll happen.

Question - Staff of Forbidden Rites

Users who are viewing this thread

Back