• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Sony Announces Double EXP all weekend (1 Viewer)

Crypto

RedCents
Just announced on Sony site. From noon EST SAT to 1pm or so MON.

Double exp all weekend.

Hope they don't change the .exe!

Mochila said:
What a shameless attempt to try to appease fucking up whole accounts....woohoo double exp....assholes.

That's right! I demand a free lightbulb too!

Crypto, maybe you haven't heard. Following directions didnt do shit for alot of people. Ask Odessa, and probably 30-50% of your server. I wasn't even involved and I had a whole character deleted.

Sony empire strikes back

the double exp is well and good but when March hits ... well, here is the inside scoop:

-- software is being implemented to "catch" 3rd party program use

-- game crash with gm and guides in pok along with all 3rd party users before perma ban

Heads up all.

I've read everything I can read on it and have talked to at least 30 friends who were rolled back. The ones that I have talked to all did "something".

They either bought something from a vendor that was tainted, took food from a guildie, left a trader open, bought from a trader, used barter or something.

I didn't touch anyone for 2 days because I knew what they were gonna do. Don't get me wrong, if I would have logged on 30mins earlier on Wednesday, I would have had many cahracters rolled back.. not just one.

Hell I had a dream last night that I had 6 accounts full of drake scales and disc. scoriae.

However, once I heard about the "aggresive" rollbacks, I knew what was coming. So, I stayed out of the way.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I wonder if they offer a 2x XP weekend just to make sure all the bots are online for one big sweep. NAH! SoE isn't that smart, nor that dumb for that matter. SoE makes a LOT of money off of bots. :wink:

This isn't a bad idea! i don't like it at all!

Not that link, the one that forecasts doom and skys falling the one that has the stuff about putting it in our collective MQ using rears.

I been looking and can only find what time the servers will be up. . . Anyone have any idea when they will take the servers down? Ima scared to macro all night b/c then my chars have a chance of getting "stuck in a zone unavaliable" for 6 hours of the double XP weekend!

Wonder if they will forget again and have the beta vendors up... wow wouldnt that be cool could really cash in then get rolled back for not doing anything and get TRIPLE XP next weekend.

Re: Sony empire strikes back

deeany said:
the double exp is well and good but when March hits ... well, here is the inside scoop:

-- software is being implemented to "catch" 3rd party program use

-- game crash with gm and guides in pok along with all 3rd party users before perma ban

Heads up all.

I cannot find any reference to this anywhere, VIP forums or anywhere else.

hive and pofire giveing normal exp, so far only hhk mm is giveing double exp. its the good ole days like werewolf mission tho

edit, said to become double exp at 12 est

SytemWide Message
At this time we are aware that the Double XP bonus is not affecting AA experience. Our people are working on this issue and will have a solution out as soon as possible.

Servers are coming down at 3pm EST for a two hour patch. The patch is to make it so you get double AAxp instead of only double normal XP.

Word of warning... about an hour and half into Double XP weekend a GM zoned in on me. Going to continue to run macros, but if you value your account I wouldn't do anything drastic. Me personally doesn't care, so I am gonna keep EXPing and see if it happens again.

Care not to disclose my zone, but I will say this much. It was not a missions vxed, or PoV. Every guide on here I do not use. I try to be unique as possible. So, That being said if there really was
Software in place to detect those using 3rd party programs
I would be one of those that would fall into the detection, becuase where im at is very very obscure and paranoid of those finding me. Once im done with my EXP spots I release my macros to redguides and only a hand full of people use them or the ideas from them.

Wow, you guys should try out the hive mission on hard right now....jesus it's like a yellow aa exp per kill, then click on vet reward and boom, it's insane

/shrug Doing what I'm doing I'm getting 10 AA per hour....While not having to kite lousy spiders...and while being afk..Shame AA's dont mean anything.

I'm pretty satisfied with my AA every 30 min. I don't want to be to greedy. Oh and an update on the GM watch. So far so good. No GM's or tells as of yet. Safe to say if I make it past Noon tomarrow PST time I think im in the clear and im not being watched.

Sony Announces Double EXP all weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back