• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Sic's Hotkeys

Guide - Sic's Hotkeys (1 Viewer)

i watch the "move your toons guide" i run Rgmerc instead of Kissassist, so i changed the line for the Merc users to the correct line for camphere or campoff, but it isn't turning the macro back on, and it isn't turning back on the other plugin users as well, like my mq2rogue

i watch the "move your toons guide" i run Rgmerc instead of Kissassist, so i changed the line for the Merc users to the correct line for camphere or campoff, but it isn't turning the macro back on, and it isn't turning back on the other plugin users as well, like my mq2rogue
well, without you posting what you made your hotkey, it is impossible to say.

could you share what you changed?

also you might consider using mq2boxr - I don't personally use it, but it might help bridge the gap for you

well, without you posting what you made your hotkey, it is impossible to say.

could you share what you changed?

also you might consider using mq2boxr - I don't personally use it, but it might help bridge the gap for you

Attachments

• EQ000208.jpg
    EQ000208.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 24
  • EQ000209.jpg
    EQ000209.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 25
please post the actual text not screenshots of text :(

me.class.shortname is incorrect and so is Me.Class.Shortname ---> it is Me.Class.ShortName --- case matters

your /returntocamp0 is likely not going to do anything as that is invalid

please post the actual text not screenshots of text :(

me.class.shortname is incorrect and so is Me.Class.Shortname ---> it is Me.Class.ShortName --- case matters

your /returntocamp0 is likely not going to do anything as that is invalid
i switched to kissassist on everything, put the same lines you posted in your "video", and when i hit camp off hotkey, it kills kissassist instead of pausing it while moving?! still having the plugins running but went from Rgmercs to kissassist

i switched to kissassist on everything, put the same lines you posted in your "video", and when i hit camp off hotkey, it kills kissassist instead of pausing it while moving?! still having the plugins running but went from Rgmercs to kissassist
sorry, I'm trying to help you here but you not only skipped my response and pointing out the errors in the 2 screenshots you posted, but i guess now you're doing something completely different.

no, none of the hotkeys i posted "kills kissassist"

sorry, I'm trying to help you here but you not only skipped my response and pointing out the errors in the 2 screenshots you posted, but i guess now you're doing something completely different.

i didn't skip your response, i fixed those issuses, and went to kissassist instead, when i hit camp off, it completely kills the kissassist,

with the same lines you have posted in your Video,

i didn't skip your response, i fixed those issuses, and went to kissassist instead, when i hit camp off, it completely kills the kissassist,
well you certainly didn't say anything like

"i made those changes, thanks for pointing that out, I'm now going to swap to kissassist and these are what my hotkeys looks like now, the problem is kissassist is ending" and then post your hotkeys.

you didn't do or any anything like that

this is the other screenshot you posted.

you can't /mqp something if you don[t have a macro running, like the red message you shared with me says.
you can't /returntocamp for a toon not using something that has that - like kissassist
in this image you have too many "/" for "/rg" you have 3 where there should be 2

1684425119199.png

this is the other screenshot you posted.

you can't /mqp something if you don[t have a macro running, like the red message you shared with me says.
you can't /returntocamp for a toon not using something that has that - like kissassist
in this image you have too many "/" for "/rg" you have 3 where there should be 2

View attachment 48639
that fixed it, in your "Guide to move toons" you have 2 //'s which was fucking up the whole thing when i was translating to my hotkey

Hi
i have a problem with my toons not following commands
war/cleric/sham all with cwtn plugins
im using
/bcg //camphere on
/war mode 7
/cwtn mode 1
/war resetcamp
my warrior is the only one following command sham an cleric just stand there i have been manually changing there modes
come to me/follow me /mimic me works fine
everything works great i just cant get group commands working
any assistance would be very helpful ty

Hi
i have a problem with my toons not following commands
war/cleric/sham all with cwtn plugins
im using
/bcg //camphere on
/war mode 7
/cwtn mode 1
/war resetcamp
my warrior is the only one following command sham an cleric just stand there i have been manually changing there modes
come to me/follow me /mimic me works fine
everything works great i just cant get group commands working
any assistance would be very helpful ty
Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

gotta setup the aliases

I am confused, in the syntax /dgge /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}, I am assuming these are variable names.
docommand
Me.Class.ShortName
What do I put in the command for my ranger for example?
DoCommand = alt activate (some aa)?
Me.Class.ShortName = ToonName.rng.ranger?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I am confused, in the syntax /dgge /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}, I am assuming these are variable names.
docommand
Me.Class.ShortName
What do I put in the command for my ranger for example?
DoCommand = alt activate (some aa)?
Me.Class.ShortName = ToonName.rng.ranger?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
well those look like aliases for the cwtn plugins (or other automations that use class shortname for their command). since that appears to be the case i'm going to merge this into my hotkeys guide, since there are many examples of how to achieve what you're looking to do

/$\{Me.Class.ShortName} gets resolved on the receiving end and each toon would automatically put them as their own class

so /dgge /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}

on a ranger that toon would type /rng
on a shaman that toon would type /shm
etc

which is unlikely what you're trying to do

it sounds more likely you just want to issue a command (not an alias) to your ranger to do something

you could use dannet to do this and create a hotkey

/dex rangername /alt act #

if you wanted all rangers to do it you would:
/dgex rng /alt act #
and all rangers on dannet (in the rng dannet channel) would execute the command

here is the eqbc -> dannet conversion chart
this works great as a dannet specific reference too

you can see here with the /dex <name> </command>
dancommands-jpg.png

Last edited:

If I'm understanding correctly he says he still has the Plugins running and RGMERCS while trying to run everything off Kissassist you've told me several times and said several times in public not to run multiple software it could conflict. I think his problem is trying to run 3 types of software at least some of the same toons.

I am trying to follow the guide but am unable to get the alias's set up correctly. I posted the alias info in the INI file, reset aliases in game and am still getting errors when trying to use /cwtn commands. having to manually switch modes on my boxes to get them to do anything currently. Once set manually, and making sure i reset my camp on my shd things are going smoothly. Am I missing a step somewhere?

I am trying to follow the guide but am unable to get the alias's set up correctly. I posted the alias info in the INI file, reset aliases in game and am still getting errors when trying to use /cwtn commands. having to manually switch modes on my boxes to get them to do anything currently. Once set manually, and making sure i reset my camp on my shd things are going smoothly. Am I missing a step somewhere?
The guide steps are really bare bones.

Paste your ini file and/or just the contents of the alias section (there can only be one alias section)

View attachment 50612View attachment 50613

using the MQ ini file found in first screen shot, and copy/paste from original post for the aliases.
can you confirm this is actually macroquest.ini and not macroquest.ini.txt ? you don't have file extensions visible
can you confirm there is 1 alias section. it is pretty unlikely that you don't have any other aliases (like /no and /yes)

can you confirm this is actually macroquest.ini and not macroquest.ini.txt ? you don't have file extensions visible
can you confirm there is 1 alias section. it is pretty unlikely that you don't have any other aliases (like /no and /yes)
it is the ini.txt, that may be the issue then. I am not sure how to actually pull it up as an ini file.
double checking, there was indeed two alias sections. i swear it wasnt there the last 3 times i checked.

#fail.

it is the ini.txt, that may be the issue then. I am not sure how to actually pull it up as an ini file.
double checking, there was indeed two alias sections. i swear it wasnt there the last 3 times i checked.

#fail.
Ini.txt is incorrect
Double alias section is also incorrect

This is the alias I added to have all my toons mount using their Stat Mount
/mountup=/noparse /bcaa //if (!${Me.Mount.Stat.ID}) /useitem "${Mount.Stat}"

Last edited:
Absolutely love these macros, they have improved my gameplay so much i cant thank you enough!

i noticed when i use the bard invis macro, since all my other toons are cwtn whenever i would use it my bard would go dead. kissassist would stop and chase mode would stop with it i solved it by just adding /bcga //mqp off to an extra line of the macro. likely not an elegant solution, but it keeps my bard following me and i use that command like 100 times a day and its one i need to be idiot proof

may be worth adjusting your macro somehow because it currently turns off my bard completely after the invis (i am a newbie though, very likely i have something configured wrong)

Absolutely love these macros, they have improved my gameplay so much i cant thank you enough!

i noticed when i use the bard invis macro, since all my other toons are cwtn whenever i would use it my bard would go dead. kissassist would stop and chase mode would stop with it i solved it by just adding /bcga //mqp off to an extra line of the macro. likely not an elegant solution, but it keeps my bard following me and i use that command like 100 times a day and its one i need to be idiot proof

may be worth adjusting your macro somehow because it currently turns off my bard completely after the invis (i am a newbie though, very likely i have something configured wrong)
sorry i don't use kiss for my bard and my bard doesn't do that. when i did i would just mqp it, and then drag it with follow me, come to me, or use fellowship

sorry i don't use kiss for my bard and my bard doesn't do that. when i did i would just mqp it, and then drag it with follow me, come to me, or use fellowship
no worries ive seen that youve been on the elusive mq2bard which is why i felt this might go unnoticed (so hyped for the plugin! these other ones have changed my entire gaming life). but ive just noticed it as a constant thing i needed to do an extra action for doing one of the methods you mentioned. i havent noticed any cons to just restarting it with that line so far but i only just started using it

Thanks for sharing these. I created an alias for CWTN commands on my driver so it's the same command no matter what class I'm driving with. This allows me to use the same hotkey on ButtonMaster Lua.

/csn=/docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

So i tried activating the /camphere on command on my SK and it keeps telling me this:

View attachment 53969

I am on test.

is this a known issue due to patch?
yes, i did look through Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First!
I only found how to start it with the /camphere on but no talk on if there an issue or why it wont work.

Thanks
cwtn plugins don't use camphere at all.
that was an example for people who are using kissassist.

which is why there is this at the top of my hotkey page

hotkey said:
--- anyone not running the matching automation would get an error for the commands if you're using mixed automations
--- this means an SK using mq2eskay doing a /camphere on is going to get a red error message because they're not using kissassist
--- this is ok, you can ignore this.

Guide - Sic's Hotkeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back