• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - several servers are locked, any patch today? Apr 4, 2024 (1 Viewer)

Unknown, six servers crashed, they are locked so they are working on them. Nothing scheduled. Lets see if they get them up and working or need a hotfix to prevent spread.

always fun to see some servers crash, and others not.

anyone know if each EQ server has it's own machine? Or are multiple servers hosted on a local machine? For example, is Xeg, Rathe, Tunare, Emar, FV, mangler possibly hosted on same machine ?

anyone know if each EQ server has it's own machine? Or are multiple servers hosted on a local machine? For example, is Xeg, Rathe, Tunare, Emar, FV, mangler possibly hosted on same machine ?
I would imagine with the demand and planned uptime they would be different machines. I know many years ago they were onprem racks but I have no idea what Daybreak is doing now. I would be very surprised to find out they have multiple servers on a single machine.

12:17 EST

Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Mangler, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony Servers will be coming down at 9:30 a.m. PDT for approximately 1 hour for an emergency maintenance.

Yeah, felt lucky to get into /general then notice the count going down, and impossible to zone and none of my other characters can get online.

They on one box the rest off the server space is used for crypto mining. Just kidding I got no idea in the past they were separate NT servers.

Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Mangler, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony Servers are unlocked! Go, go, GOOOO!

yea was about to loot 25th anniversary reward...and shit froze...mother...lovers...

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar
Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Old as can be information but does backup what I remembered.

Wikipedia has this to say (we all know how reliable wiki is):
View attachment 60072
thats 20 years ago... :ohdear: you can host a EMU on a personal PC anymore. The real server (boxes) can normally host 1-192 virtual servers (maybe more) in modern compute applications.

New 2024 producer's letter with TLP info if anyone is interested.

With Mischief and Aradune being the two most popular server rulesets from their opening day to today, this was an easy enough choice to make for such a celebratory year. So, without further ado, our new TLP servers are Tormax, a Traditional Time-Locked Progression server and Teek, a Random Loot Free-Trade Time-Locked Progression Server. Both will have Relaxed True-Box, starting with the traditional True-Box rules and relaxing the True-Box rules further over time. Both servers will start with the Ruins of Kunark unlocked with expansion unlocks then happening at a standard cadence. Both will launch on Wednesday, May 22, 2024!

thats 20 years ago... :ohdear: you can host a EMU on a personal PC anymore. The real server (boxes) can normally host 1-192 virtual servers (maybe more) in modern compute applications.
Soon (tm) you will be able to host an EMU on your phone while you walk around and do all service from your AI voice control, Picard style ! (its a joke, but you know, not really)

Yes. Judging by the data the client gets from the server at login, those servers are all on the same physical host:

host / port / server:
('eqworld-01.everquest.com', 9000, 'Erollisi Marr - The Nameless')
('eqworld-01.everquest.com', 9001, 'Tunare - The Seventh Hammer')
('eqworld-01.everquest.com', 9002, 'Xegony - Druzzil Ro')
('eqworld-01.everquest.com', 9003, 'EQ20th Mangler (Timelocked Progression)')
('eqworld-01.everquest.com', 9004, 'Firiona Vie (Roleplaying Preferred)')
('eqworld-01.everquest.com', 9006, 'The Rathe - Prexus')
('eqworld-02.everquest.com', 9000, 'Cazic-Thule - Fennin Ro')
('eqworld-02.everquest.com', 9001, 'Luclin - Stromm')
('eqworld-02.everquest.com', 9002, 'Bristlebane - The Tribunal')
('eqworld-02.everquest.com', 9003, 'Rizlona (Timelocked Progression)')
('eqworld-02.everquest.com', 9004, 'Vox (Standard Ruleset)')
('eqworld-02.everquest.com', 9005, 'Drinal - Maelin Starpyre')
('eqworld-02.everquest.com', 9006, 'Povar - Quellious')
('eqworld-02.everquest.com', 9007, 'Mischief (Randomized Loot)')
('eqworld-03.everquest.com', 9000, 'Aradune (Timelocked Progression)')
('eqworld-03.everquest.com', 9003, 'Ragefire (Voting Timelocked Progression)')
('eqworld-03.everquest.com', 9005, 'Agnarr (PoP-Locked Progression)')
('eqworld-03.everquest.com', 9006, 'Zek (PvP)')
('eqworld-03.everquest.com', 9007, 'Bertoxxulous - Saryrn')
('eqworld-03.everquest.com', 9008, 'Thornblade (Randomized Loot)')
('eqworld-03.everquest.com', 9009, 'Vaniki (Level Locked Progression)')
('eqworld-03.everquest.com', 9011, 'Yelinak (Timelocked Progression)')
('eqworld-03.everquest.com', 9013, 'Oakwynd (Evolving Progression)')
('eqworld-20.everquest.com', 9000, 'Antonius Bayle (Kane Bayle) - European')

News - several servers are locked, any patch today? Apr 4, 2024

Users who are viewing this thread

Back