• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Servers down (1 Viewer)

W

Wolfborn

Just got off work and logged in to explore Kunark.
Tried to log in another toon (port bot) and saw the servers are marked "Locked"
I went back to my team and started pulling. After around 30 mobs.. BOOM
Everything disconnected.

My first thought was "damn, I didn't reply to a tell or something and now I'm banned"

The paranoia is real

Servers down on a Friday night? That sux

hotfix for all the bullshit?
nah they started having random crashes, then locked other servers to "stop more crashes", then took everything down presumably to fix what was causing it with no eta atm :(

no, seems like this is even more BS, and like 6 servers crashed, and then engeenering stepped in and took them all offline for unkno
unrelated - but every time i read your name for SOME REASON i remember this "Doug" episode from when I was a kid "Durango Doug" and then its stuck in my head for like an hour

It seems roughly 48-hours after every monthly patch the servers go down on a Friday night. I mean, I would have thought the team would get tired of having to pull a Friday all nighter once a month...

lol...I was online and all 6 accounts got booted from the Live server. My immediate thought was "I was at my keyboard!"

LOL, my exact thoughts too. Didn't help that my brother was still online when I got booted too. At least for a little bit longer before it all went down.

LOL, my exact thoughts too. Didn't help that my brother was still online when I got booted too. At least for a little bit longer before it all went down.

Same exact though here - had a guy on another server that was still in, so I'm thinking 'Uh oh, internet didn't go out then.'

You know though - it makes server crashes more bearable though. Instead of being 'GRRR, the server's down!' it's 'Please let it be the server, YESSSS it's the server again, not my account!'

During the process of bringing the worlds back up, additional errors surfaced and extended the time needed to bring the servers back up safely. Unfortunately that means once again no ETA but we will update this thread as one becomes available... well.. guess its better to fix it then have the rolling crashes again..

During the process of bringing the worlds back up, additional errors surfaced and extended the time needed to bring the servers back up safely. Unfortunately that means once again no ETA but we will update this thread as one becomes available... well.. guess its better to fix it then have the rolling crashes again..
UGG! I got excited when I saw
1598055823986.png

take 2: Ops and Engineering are in the process of performing checks on servers, servers are coming up and will remain locked during this time frame. Current ETA to unlock 1 hour.

It seems roughly 48-hours after every monthly patch the servers go down on a Friday night. I mean, I would have thought the team would get tired of having to pull a Friday all nighter once a month...

It is not like anyone has anything to do on a Friday night right now anyway. Pulling an all nighter and socializing with people sounds really great right now. Now I have a new conspiracy theory on why we have had so much down time.

It is not like anyone has anything to do on a Friday night right now anyway. Pulling an all nighter and socializing with people sounds really great right now. Now I have a new conspiracy theory on why we have had so much down time.

Bourbon.

or Scotch.

Servers back online, for anyone who hasn't seen yet.

Edit: ... Well.. you know..

Last edited:
There better be corpses this time. So disappointing to have a patch without a mass of corpses to reset my xp losses!

(/sarcasm included)

Seems about right. Though, to be fair - I may have been a little pessimistic. Xegony was only down for about 25-30 minutes (it's unlocked now). Bristlebane just changed from "down" to "locked." Here's hoping they're isolated events, and not system wide.

News - Servers down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back