• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Server Downtime: Wednesday, January 20th @ 6:00 AM (1 Viewer)

LorDeth

<<NO GIF ATTACHED>>
RedCents
1,528¢

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 6:00 AM PT* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 8 hours.

8 hours expected downtime, doesn't that seem longer than usual? Especially with a new xpac already landed.. I guess they must have a fair amount of stuff to fix/patch..

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 6:00 AM PT* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 8 hours.

8 hours expected downtime, doesn't that seem longer than usual? Especially with a new xpac already landed.. I guess they must have a fair amount of stuff to fix/patch..
yeah lots of broken stuff - AND their test patch was scuffed too, so there are fixed on the fixes heh

I assume group T3 ore drop rates will come down, so get them while you can. I think some group mission AoEs will get toned down. Maybe TS drops? Nearly every mob drops every TS item needed to make...everything.

I assume group T3 ore drop rates will come down, so get them while you can. I think some group mission AoEs will get toned down. Maybe TS drops? Nearly every mob drops every TS item needed to make...everything.
1611115408682.png
Then:
1611117191426.png

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/restless-ore-dropping-from-trash.272223/page-3

PATCH NOTES:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...1-12-2021-patch-notes-and-discussions.272820/

1611116638921.png

So yes its a 4% down to 1% but 100% chests in HA's and sometimes off named like it usually is, so easy farm is changing back to normal farm, but they did leave 1% chance for trash drops.

Last edited:
8 hours? So since they are on make believe metric time that is, umm divide by 3,... carry the four,... about 16 hours minimum right?

From experience it's whatever they say +/- 35 days wasn't it? I remember way-back-when they literally screwed up and the game was down for weeks. People's EQ withdrawal got so bad they had to shut down forums for a while....

And I've burned myself in the ass! It appears that Test is down as well.. just tried logging into it and its Locked as well..

I'm guessing this is required because of the whole /testcopy time out issue to do with the Dragon's hoard stuff etc etc..

Test is back up, and interestingly, they never patched it.. I'm able to use the Jan-12 VV test compile to log my toons in..

Must've locked it for testing out the copying thing after patching on live..

Test is back up, and interestingly, they never patched it.. I'm able to use the Jan-12 VV test compile to log my toons in..

Must've locked it for testing out the copying thing after patching on live..
yeah they didn't exe change test - they just updated some of the zone scripts to fix the stuff that was fixed for live - like zlandi etc but i believe the downtime for test was due to their overall "back end maintenance" thing they did which effects gamewide stuff

yeah they didn't exe change test - they just updated some of the zone scripts to fix the stuff that was fixed for live - like zlandi etc but i believe the downtime for test was due to their overall "back end maintenance" thing they did which effects gamewide stuff

So Zlandi is still broke on test. (Probably live also) and WW merchant is broke on both. It looks like all the stuff broke on test (a lot ) got pushed to live.

Also this is my first patch in awhile with VV but I noticed dpsadv window won’t load (says reload iI but I’m using default) and Rez accept is accepting yes to res but not clicking respawn second click. So no exe patch but I’m guessing something changed to impact VV on test in little ways.

Last edited:
IRL - Server Downtime: Wednesday, January 20th @ 6:00 AM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back