• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Second DPS Raid group. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
510¢
Now that I am bored with my Main Group, I want to create an FTP second DPS raid group.

This group will be used only on raids. I have very little knowledge of FTP gear. Which group setup would give the best DPS on FTP gear?
Thinking of the following.

Group 1: Shammy, Mage, Mage, Mage, Mage, and Enchanter.
Or
Group 2: Shammy, Rogue, Rogue, Rogue, Rogue, and Bard.

Looking forward to your input.

Now that I am bored with my Main Group, I want to create an FTP second DPS raid group.

This group will be used only on raids. I have very little knowledge of FTP gear. Which group setup would give the best DPS on FTP gear?

Or

if you're gonna put 4 mages in a group, shouldnt you have a druid as the healer instead of the sham?

Or

Quick question, are you buying the expansion on every one of your accounts this year? Been curious about this for folks making raid groups.

Yes, I will buy the expansions.

I would prefer the Bard with the mages. Not sure if an enchanter would improve the DPS better for caster than a Bard would?

My plugin Shammy can do some crazy DPS in my raid, so yes shammy is badass.

I am curious about the choice for BST. I know they have some good ADPS for melee groups and having paragon is nice but I would think they would be crippled by the lack of mana / aa as a F2P character.
I was just saying don't underestimate what they bring to the table. bsts scale weird and are going to be hindered with f2p pet ear and f2p dex augs, but they offer a lot for the rest of the raid - just as an offer to give another thought.

brd, shm, nec, nec, bst/mag/nec is very strong - each of the bst/mag/nec bring something different and gains strength based on others (like mage getting more with more pets)

I've had some f2p bsts and they fair better than you'd expect, but the curve from f2p to gold + gear is pretty substantial as you're alluding to

I am leaning toward 5 mages and ???

I am going to move my cleric (I have a spare Cleric) to the second group and move one of the mages into the main group.

Question is, will the enchanter enhance the DPS of the 4 mages more than the Bard would do?

So a few questions, are you doing current content? Because if so you’re gonna be hurting the raid hard by not having them gold therefore not being able to use t3 nos grp gear or raid gear at a min. Events are puckered with aes.

Now with that said a few options that work well and are balanced:
Mag/mag/nec or nec/nec/mag plus enc/brd/shm (the shm is boosting all the swarm pets and regular pets from their aura).
Necx3/enc/brd/shm
Magx3/enc/brd/shm
Ber/bst/rog/mnk/brd/shm
Ber/ber/bst/bst/brd/shm
Etc

So a few questions, are you doing current content? Because if so you’re gonna be hurting the raid hard by not having them gold therefore not being able to use t3 nos grp gear or raid gear at a min. Events are puckered with aes.

Now with that said a few options that work well and are balanced:
Mag/mag/nec or nec/nec/mag plus enc/brd/shm (the shm is boosting all the swarm pets and regular pets from their aura).
Necx3/enc/brd/shm
Magx3/enc/brd/shm
Ber/bst/rog/mnk/brd/shm
Ber/ber/bst/bst/brd/shm
Etc
Shm bard can't go wrong for sure. So handy to have extra

Also, don't sleep on the importance to have an extra paladin or two even if they're just a shitter paladin just for splash purposes, it can really trivialize certain things

Shm bard can't go wrong for sure. So handy to have extra

Also, don't sleep on the importance to have an extra paladin or two even if they're just a shitter paladin just for splash purposes, it can really trivialize certain things
I mean there is a reason raid force 2 is being built out with
2 war
3 pal
3 sk
4 ber
4 bst
4 rog
4 nec
4 mag
4 enc
4 rng
8 brd
7 shm (it would be 8 but convenience of having a Druid with the raid for skin turned this to 7 and still tempted to go with 8 and drop to 1 clr)
2 clr
1 dru
Yup indeed splash depending on era of content it can be a big boost for cures looking at you shei especially in multiple computer configurations.

Last edited:
I mean there is a reason raid force 2 is being built out with
2 war
3 pal
3 sk
4 ber
4 bst
4 rog
4 nec
4 mag
4 enc
4 rng
8 brd
7 shm (it would be 8 but convenience of having a Druid with the raid for skin turned this to 7 and still tempted to go with 8 and drop to 1 clr)
2 clr
1 dru
Yup indeed splash depending on era of content it can be a big boost for cures looking at you shei especially in multiple computer configurations.
So are you doing latest expansion with this raid setup, max aa's and most FTP?

So are you doing latest expansion with this raid setup, max aa's and most FTP?
This teams still being built out. I’m going to be blunt you’re not doing nos raids or even most tol raids with most of your team as ftp. All characters are gold accounts, the first army on those accounts is all 120 max aa/rk3 spells/tol t1 or better geared.
Army 1 is:
WarX5
Skx2
Palx2
Clrx4
Shmx5
Drux2
Rngx4
Bstx6
Rogx2
Berx6
Mnkx1
Magx3
Necx3
Encx2
Brdx7

There is just way too much lost by going ftp in a raid setting. Youre dramatically reducing your hp and mana pools (~27% reduction comparing nos grp t1 which is best available non prestige vs t1 nos raid) (min hp baselines matter to survive the aes both singular and dots of modern raids, mana pool matters because no gas in the tank for casters/hybrids to keep chain casting for extended periods means no or reduced dps from them You’re using crap weapons meaning you’re doing a fraction of the dps compared to even several expansion old raid weapons, you’re melee characters are max 32 hdex on type 5s vs the 100+ hdex of nos augs or even the 80 hdex of cov augs (this is major for all non war/ber or bowing ranger melee characters), you don’t have type 3 augs, basically limited to useless type 7s as ftp (more hp/hdex/mana pool drop), you’re melee toons are limited to worse cleave and fero (even old raid arms/legs give you a boost here), you’re missing large amounts of dps and healing boost from focus effects compared to raid foci.

The toons I use are also always using tov+ power sources, dps related potions, tribute and trophies and I’ve farmed appropriate and important guild trophies.

Last edited:
Question - Second DPS Raid group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back