• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Screen Resolution Changes (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
1,526¢
When Running MQ2/RG to load up my characters it always loads them in the same resolution (I think its 640x480). How do I adjust what the start up resolution of my RG loaded characters?

Or you can use 1 different folder per account, set graphics setting for each account and use something like WinSplit Revolution (not longer supported, but free & i have a portable copy) or MaxTo (ex Winsplit Revolution, but not free).
Then you can set 2, 3, 4, 6, or more EQ windows per screen.

Attachments

• WinSplit Revolution.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Or you can use 1 different folder per account, set graphics setting for each account and use something like WinSplit Revolution (not longer supported, but free & i have a portable copy) or MaxTo (ex Winsplit Revolution, but not free).
Then you can set 2, 3, 4, 6, or more EQ windows per screen.

Or, setup a symlink'ed EQ directory so that you have different EQCLIENT.INI's without duplicating 3+GB of redundant files :)

Hey guys, I just installed new video drivers for my dual 1080Ti 11GB Graphics cards and after I did that and rebooted all of my game windows have miniature everything. How do I get things back to where these old eyes can see what it says?? I am using 2 28inch 4k Monitors ...just thought I would throw that in there. Also, there is no WindowMode settings in my eqclient.ini file. Don't know that there ever was ...but there is not.

I might be wrong (probably) but the way I understand it is that if you use window mode for eq it defaults to what ever resolution windows is set to ... So if windows resolution is set to say 3840 by 2160 then in game that would be the screen setup. If you use full screen then you can set it to what resolution the game has in you settings window. I set windows to use resolution to 1920 by 1080 and game settings to use window mode. Seems to work okay so far.

Zeb

I might be wrong (probably) but the way I understand it is that if you use window mode for eq it defaults to what ever resolution windows is set to ... So if windows resolution is set to say 3840 by 2160 then in game that would be the screen setup. If you use full screen then you can set it to what resolution the game has in you settings window. I set windows to use resolution to 1920 by 1080 and game settings to use window mode. Seems to work okay so far.

Zeb
Yeh, I tried that and it just keeps making a smaller window inside the desktop!

Right click the eqgame.exe file (not the shortcut) and go to Compatibility, change high DPI settings, and uncheck the little boxes. Uncheck any boxes that might be checked in the Compatibility tab as well. It will keep windows from screwing with the resolution you set in EQ.

Tech - Screen Resolution Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back