• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Salutations! & A question for the vets (1 Viewer)

voss

RedCents
60¢
Greetings and salutations!

Searching for an 'oldschool' MMO to play I stumbled across a video from Doc Legendary talking about Everquest and Redguides, and its gotten me intrigued.

While I'm a complete newb to both EQ and Boxing, I've always enjoyed the older styles of RPG over the newer stuff. Especially games that let you control a party of heroes have stuck out as my favorites. (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale Guildwars, Dungeonsiege ect) Hence why I'm excited to give this a go. But first I'd like to ask for some advice on where to best play EQ.

Initially I wanted to give multiboxing a try on the Live servers, however I've been told that playing on free accounts is less-than-ideal. And while I'd love to pay for 6 accounts my internship isn't fancy enough to responsibly afford it.

So I'd like to ask! What private/emu server would you recommend for someone who'd like to get into multiboxing? Or should I stick to F2P Live servers after all?

I appreciate any and all feedback on this.
Cheers guys!

you could play on test, test is free, and gives you gold accounts for eq, and redguides offer a full mq for test too, and the premium plugins for classes are free to use on the test server too.

if you do want to go on with emu play though, project lazarus seems high popular among redguides people.

I've rolled up some toons of Lazarus and it's been great so far.

Concerning live & test servers I understand that multiboxing is allowed (depending on the server) But are automation tools like MQ also permitted by Daybreak? I've gotten mixed answers on this so some clarity would be super helpful.

Concerning live & test servers I understand that multiboxing is allowed (depending on the server) But are automation tools like MQ also permitted by Daybreak? I've gotten mixed answers on this so some clarity would be super helpful.

Short answer = NO

Question - Salutations! & A question for the vets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back