• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Software RGManager (beta) discussion (1 Viewer) 0.0.8852.35864

weird - hit an "snag"

unhandled exeption, hitting "report" just brings me here, but i can't copy the contents or even drag is large enough to see

1708550839770.png

Also not currently seeing "premium" plugins

weird - hit an "snag"

unhandled exeption, hitting "report" just brings me here, but i can't copy the contents or even drag is large enough to see

View attachment 57652

Also not currently seeing "premium" plugins
Navigate to the directory of the install (default Users/Public) -> bin -> Dumps

Throw me a copy of the compressed file located @ that directory.

My fault here, we just threw this thread up and I meant to automatically open the dir in explorer, will include that in fix.

Looks great! Small thing: old Launcher did "autowatch" the plugins you purchased, new one does not ("wth, why am I getting errors on eskay!!1!")

Oh and if you select "Private Plugin" on the filter, then click the watch icon, the list resets, but filter stays at Private Plugin (have to deselect/reselect the filter)

one more small thing 🙃

View attachment 57660

right clicking there brings up a Settings menu which is dysfunctional.
Watching issue has been fixed and will be pushed, could you give me a little more information on what you mean by dysfunctional? :)

Is the window not appearing? Does it hold the wrong data? Is it throwing an error? Or something else entirely? :)

Watching issue has been fixed and will be pushed, could you give me a little more information on what you mean by dysfunctional? :)

Is the window not appearing? Does it hold the wrong data? Is it throwing an error? Or something else entirely? :)
I click on the "Settings" and nothing happens.

Actually, after a restart of manager, something does happen:
1708555113956.png

not sure how to describe this - other than "select a dropdown, then re-select the 'blank' dropdown" and it does this and crashes
1708556003523.png

so excited for this @Ionis good stuff dude <3

I broke it.
So before I launched it I ran the old launcher to get the location for my not self built MQ stuff.
Then I closed the old launcher, downloaded this one and ran it. This is the result.
It now appears to be stuck after the null exception error "Validating RGManager Version"
As there is no option to close I just needed to right click and close it from the taskbar.
This happens every time I run it. This is a fresh download, and my only use of any of the files.

INI:
---------------------------

Exception: System.Net.HttpListenerException (32): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddPrefixCore(String registeredPrefix)

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()

at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()

at RGAuth.Code.Authorization.InitializeHttpListener(String redirectURI) in C:\Users\Will\Desktop\RedGuides\RedMan\RedguidesLawnchair\RGAuth\RGAuth\Code\Authorization.cs:line 44

at RGAuth.Code.Authorization.Authorize(String user, String password, String ClientID, String ClientSecret, String authMessage, String port, String tokenDir) in C:\Users\Will\Desktop\RedGuides\RedMan\RedguidesLawnchair\RGAuth\RGAuth\Code\Authorization.cs:line 139
OK

What is the name of the resource you are trying to access the settings of?
Any resource for me (also works if you click in the menu area, on "Watching" for example). BTW - "watching" I totally mistook - thought crossed eye means I don't watch it currently. Not that clicking on it will unwatch .)

I broke it.
INI:

Exception: System.Net.HttpListenerException (32): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddPrefixCore(String registeredPrefix)

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()

at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()

at RGAuth.Code.Authorization.InitializeHttpListener(String redirectURI) in C:\Users\Will\Desktop\RedGuides\RedMan\RedguidesLawnchair\RGAuth\RGAuth\Code\Authorization.cs:line 44

at RGAuth.Code.Authorization.Authorize(String user, String password, String ClientID, String ClientSecret, String authMessage, String port, String tokenDir) in C:\Users\Will\Desktop\RedGuides\RedMan\RedguidesLawnchair\RGAuth\RGAuth\Code\Authorization.cs:line 139
OK
Known issue with the auth, talked to Red about rewriting this library today because antiquated R1p code is still causing some issues. I am going to be instantiating some proper handling over the next couple days that should iron out these issues.

This looks like it may be due to how we are handling pulling in and encrypting/decrypting tokens. I'll look in to it

Push coming with the fixes to filtering issues, I modified how filtering was handled heavily and now should dynamically keep track (and even add and remove) resources based on the currently set filters globally for all pages to avoid those weird resets. This may also potentially fix the issue with the combobox crash, going to do some unit testing to see if I can recreate it.

Also looking in to the issue with the settings page over resources now.

"X" to close just makes it disappear, but i can't alt-tab to it still
On the settings page, under Application, is Minimize on Close currently enabled? If so, it should just be iconisizing to the toolbar in the bottom right. Right-clicking this and clicking exit will terminate the application, also disabling that option will allow it to close when the X is pressed normally

On the settings page, under Application, is Minimize on Close currently enabled? If so, it should just be iconisizing to the toolbar in the bottom right. Right-clicking this and clicking exit will terminate the application, also disabling that option will allow it to close when the X is pressed normally
should it remain in the alt-tab display tho? it doesn't go to taskbar, just mini iconized toolbar like you mentioned

I am also aware of an issue with purchasing plugins due to a modification to marketplace since it was instantiated, looking in to this tonight as well

All but the settings issue will be addressed in this upcoming push, going to give it some time to get those dumps and then push the fixes accordingly.

Thanks for the quick feedback & patience everyone, really appreciate it! Keep on breaking things :)

Ionis updated RGManager (beta) with a new update entry:

0.0.8817.33707: Filtering changes, fixed minimize on close, fixed purchasing

Changes:
-Heavily modified filtering to build our resource datagrids based off of a pre-determinant struct as opposed to live as the determinant is passed. This should allow for the datagrids to apply direct changes to filtered data removing the need for a reset on the data-structure holding the grids items.

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed an issue that caused RGManager to still be present in the alt-tab menu when in the toolbar windowstate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ionis updated RGManager (beta) with a new update entry:

0.0.8817.35159: Fixed noresimg null converter & fixed download icon

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed an issue that was causing resources without an image to fail to generate a default due to a pathing error when attempting to pull the executables path from the reflection (due to obfuscation).
-Fixed an issue that caused the download button icon to point to the wrong path when loading as a resource.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Heading off for the night! Everything, excluding the issue that a_moss_snake had with the settings mods & auth api issues that need a deeper dive, have been addressed. Keep playing with things and let me know what issues arise! I'll be back again to start cranking out fixes tomorrow afternoon!

@a_moss_snake try out the new build and see if the error persists, I modified an issue that was causing crashes with the resource settings page so this may have inadvertently fixed things for you! If not just send me the dumps! :)

Really looking forward to expanding the manager based on everyone's feedback, thanks again for the patience and I hope everyone has a great night! :)

Last edited:
Super trivial suggestion in the grand scheme of things, but maybe a sort by alpha under the resource colum on the My Resources tab?

Also, a last date updated on the same tab under the download section maybe?

Super trivial suggestion in the grand scheme of things, but maybe a sort by alpha under the resource colum on the My Resources tab?

Also, a last date updated on the same tab under the download section maybe?
Is there an update all button?
Both of these are solid suggestions, I'll make cards for them in git so they can be implemented in the future.

Just a quick unrelated note, the beta isn't 100 % indicative of the applications overall design philosophy and stylization. There is still a great deal of framework elements (still some placeholder buttons/elements) & functionality that we have planned which will further expand what the manager is capable of. That being said, I am entirely open to feedback and suggestions for all/any resources that I develop, manager included. If the higher powers that be (a certain red robot) give me the greenlight, I have no issue implementing community requested functionality so feel free to drop suggestions on top of any feedback/issues anyone may have!

Software RGManager (beta) discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back