• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Returning to EQ after 20 yrs, new to MQ2 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
236¢
Hi all.

As the title says, I'm returning to EQ after being away for almost 20 yrs (played 1999-2004), and even back in the day, used to run 2 accounts, but completely manually, just alt-tabbing with a few in-game macros to help.

Never tried out MQ2 before, but a number of guildies have sung it's praises so I've decided to try it out. Seems like a very comprehensive community & set of resources with all the guides and so on.

I'm looking forward to giving it a go, and might have many dumb questions as I puzzle out how to use it and how to make the most of it.

Cheers in advance :-)

Welcome back to EQ, and welcome to the MQ community (no 2)! Lots of knowledge here to be had. Any questions just ask away.

And gave you a month of lvl 2 access to start you off right!

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome, give this a watch, and please ask questions, always happy to see new and returning players.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome, give this a watch, and please ask questions, always happy to see new and returning players.
Brilliant, thank you, checking all this out !

Welcome back to EQ and welcome to RedGuides!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Hi all.

As the title says, I'm returning to EQ after being away for almost 20 yrs (played 1999-2004), and even back in the day, used to run 2 accounts, but completely manually, just alt-tabbing with a few in-game macros to help.

Never tried out MQ2 before, but a number of guildies have sung it's praises so I've decided to try it out. Seems like a very comprehensive community & set of resources with all the guides and so on.

I'm looking forward to giving it a go, and might have many dumb questions as I puzzle out how to use it and how to make the most of it.

Cheers in advance :-)
Lots to read & learn, but all good working knowledge, and with even more people here to help. Welcome indeed.

Ok, so may I please draw on the crowd expertise for some assistance ?

I've got MQ installed and working with 2 chars, a 125 SK as my tank & puller, and a 115 shaman as healer/CC/assist.

My SK will happily go and pull stuff, and tank it like a champ. My Shaman will keep him healed up, and do some dps too.

I have 2 questions/concerns/problems:
1) The SK seems to chain-cast lifetaps, I'm not sure if it really needs to do that many that often, as it then has to med up after a few mobs since it's LOM.

2) The shaman won't seem to slow mobs, it'll debuff with Turgur's Swarm, and will buff the SK with Ennui which procs a small slow (25%) but won't cast a bigger slow. I've tried playing around with the DPS section of the ini (which is probably a mess now) like this:
ini:
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=19
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Reminiscent Counterbias|99|debuffall|slow|always
DPS2=Malosinera|98|debuffall|malo
DPS3=Zrelik's Recourse Rk. II|99|Cond11
DPS4=Ancestral Aid|99|Cond10
DPS5=Spiritual Squall Rk. II|99|Mob
DPS6=Chaotic Poison Rk. II|99|Cond12
DPS7=Malaise|99|debuffall|malo|Cond13
DPS8=Turgur's Swarm|99|debuffall|slow|Cond14
DPS9=Focus of Arcanum|99|Cond15
DPS10=Dampen Resistance|99|Cond16
DPS11=Fleeting Spirit|99|Cond17
DPS12=Spiritual Blessing|99|Cond18
DPS13=Call of the Ancients|99|Cond9
DPS14=Spirit Call|99|Cond9
DPS15=Spectre of Renewal Rk. II|99|MA|Cond3
DPS16=Communion of the Cheetah|99|Cond17
DPS17=Wintry Gift|98|MA|Cond1
DPS18=Armor of Experience|99|Cond24
DPS19=Staunch Recovery|99|Cond25
DebuffAllOn=1

So as you can see I tried putting a counterbias in at the top of the dps section, but it just won't cast it. I think if it was casting a bigger slow (ie 75%) then the SK would take less dmg, and need to lifetap less often, and it's mana would last longer.

I've probably butchered it completely, but if this makes enough sense to be a sensible question, any help would be very much appreciated !!

I've got MQ installed and working with 2 chars, a 125 SK as my tank & puller, and a 115 shaman as healer/CC/assist.

My SK will happily go and pull stuff, and tank it like a champ. My Shaman will keep him healed up, and do some dps too.

1) The SK seems to chain-cast lifetaps, I'm not sure if it really needs to do that many that often, as it then has to med up after a few mobs since it's LOM.

2) The shaman won't seem to slow mobs, it'll debuff with Turgur's Swarm, and will buff the SK with Ennui which procs a small slow (25%) but won't cast a bigger slow. I've tried playing around with the DPS section of the ini (which is probably a mess now) like this:
ini:
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=19
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=0
DebuffAllOn=1

So as you can see I tried putting a counterbias in at the top of the dps section, but it just won't cast it. I think if it was casting a bigger slow (ie 75%) then the SK would take less dmg, and need to lifetap less often, and it's mana would last longer.

I've probably butchered it completely, but if this makes enough sense to be a sensible question, any help would be very much appreciated !!
Something to consider with your SK, are you using azia or beza line? Beza is the mana tap. I use that on my sk and it really helps.

ini:
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=19
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=0
DebuffAllOn=1

You're essentially duplicating the slow. Tugur's is your AA slow.

Post your entire ini.

You're essentially duplicating the slow. Tugur's is your AA slow.

Post your entire ini.
Thanks for responding so quickly :-)

Hmmm ... I'm not seeing a slow debuff icon on the mob, but maybe the Turgur's Swarm AA doesn't show the slow icon, only the diminishment one ? That would be embarrassing if I didn't know that LOLOL.

As requested, here's the whole ini:
ini:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.002
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedStop=100
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|90
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
CorpseRecoveryOn=0
EQBCOn=0
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Shaman|115|GOLD
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
LOSBeforeCombat=0
UseSpawnMaster=0
XTSlot=1
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=22
Buffs1=Crown of Deceit|Dual|Illusion: Feir'Dal|Me
Buffs2=Talisman of the Lioness Rk. II
Buffs3=Unified Phoenix Feather|managroup|68|Cond2
Buffs4=Miniature Horn of Unity|managroup|66|Cond2
Buffs5=Spectre of Renewal Rk. II|Cond3
Buffs6=Summoned: Glowing Modulation Shard|Mana|40|Con5
Buffs7=Cannibalization|Mana|66|Cond4
Buffs8=Communion of the Cheetah|Me|Cond7
Buffs9=Responsive Spirit Rk. II|Me
Buffs10=Preincarnation|Me
Buffs11=Pact of the Wolf|Me
Buffs12=Pack of the Black Fang|Me
Buffs13=Talisman of the Enduring|MA|Con21
Buffs14=Talisman of the Ry'Gorr|Dual|Kromrif Focusing|Con22
Buffs15=Lupine Spirit|Dual|Spirit of Tala'Tak
Buffs16=Ennui Rk. II|Melee
Buffs17=Frenzied Growth Rk. II|melee|Cond20
Buffs18=Jungle Raptor Saddle|mount
Buffs19=Familiar of the Emerald Jungle|Dual|Summon Familiar: Emerald Sokokar|remove
Buffs20=Ancient Bargain Rk. II|Mana|66|Cond8
Buffs21=Diplomatic Papers|Dual|Diplomatic Immunity|Cond23
Buffs22=Madness of Stomples
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=20
PowerSource=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=1
AESize=9
AERadius=75
AE1=Turgur's Virulent Swarm|1|cond6
AE2=Wind of Malaise|1|Mob|cond9
AE3=Call of the Ancients|1|Me|cond9
AE4=Dampen Resistance|1|Me|cond9
AE5=Spirit Call|1|Mob|cond9
AE6=Ancestral Aid|1|Me|cond9
AE7=Fleeting Spirit|1|Me|cond9
AE8=Spiritual Blessing|1|Me|cond9
AE9=Intensity of the Resolute|1|Me|cond9
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=19
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=0
DebuffAllOn=1
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=1
Aggro1=Ancestral Guard|80|>|Me
[Heals]
HealsOn=1
HealsSize=16
Heals1=Blessed Spiritstaff of the Heyokah|99|MA|Cond19
Heals2=Spectre of Renewal Rk. II|99|MA|Cond3
Heals3=Zrelik's Recourse Rk. II|99|Cond11
Heals4=Spiritual Squall Rk. II|88|MA
Heals5=Primordial Intervention Rk. II|40
Heals6=Soothsayer's Intervention|40
Heals7=Snowbound Spiritwalker Coat|40
Heals8=Reckless Renewal Rk. II|70|MA
Heals9=Reckless Rejuvenation Rk. II|70|MA
Heals10=Sjeon's Mending Rk. II|70|MA
Heals11=Reckless Renewal Rk. II|50
Heals12=Reckless Rejuvenation Rk. II|50
Heals13=Sjeon's Mending Rk. II|50|
Heals14=Union of Spirits|50
Heals15=Rejuvenation of Spirit|0|rezooc
Heals16=Call of the Wild|0|rezcombat
AutoRezOn=1
AutoRezWith=Rejuvenation of Spirit
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealInterval=0
XTarHeal=0
XTarHealList=Xtar slots here Example: 5|6|7
HealGroupPetsOn=0
RezMeLast=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=1
CuresSize=3
Cures1=Purified Spirits|Me
Cures2=Radiant Cure
Cures3=Blood of Tevik Rk. II
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetCombatOn=1
PetSpell=Grondo's Faithful Rk. II
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=4
PetBuffs1=Spirit Bracing
PetBuffs2=Companion's Aegis
PetBuffs3=Companion's Fortification
PetBuffs4=Companion's Intervening Divine Aura
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
PetForceHealOnMed=0
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetAssistAt=95
PetAttackDistance=115
PetToysSize=6
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1
[Burn]
BurnSize=4
BurnAllNamed=1
Burn1=Blessed Spiritstaff of the Heyokah|99
Burn2=Spire of Ancestors|99
Burn3=Ancestral Aid|99
Burn4=Rabid Bear|99
UseTribute=0
[GoM]
GoMSize=3
GoMSpell1=Spectre of Renewal|Cond3
GoMSpell2=Wintry Gift|Cond1
GoMSpell3=Spiritual Squall
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
[KConditions]
ConOn=1
CondSize=25
Cond1=!${Me.Song[Healing Twincast].ID}
Cond2=(!${Me.Song[Blessing of Unity].ID} || !${Me.Song[Grace of Unity].ID})
Cond3=!${Me.Song[Spectre of Renewal].ID}
Cond4=${Me.CurrentHPs} > 175000 && ${Math.Calc[${Me.MaxMana}-${Me.CurrentMana}].Int} > 60000
Cond5=${Me.CurrentHPs} > 60000 && ${Math.Calc[${Me.MaxMana}-${Me.CurrentMana}].Int} > 20000
Cond6=${Me.XTarget} > 2
Cond7=!${Me.Song[Selo's Accelerato].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Communion of the Cheetah].ID} && !${Me.SpellReady}
Cond8=${Me.CurrentHPs} > 12000 && ${Math.Calc[${Me.MaxMana}-${Me.CurrentMana}].Int} > 9000
Cond9=${Target.Level}>=${Me.Level}+4 || ${Me.XTarget} > 4
Cond10=!${Me.SpellReady}
Cond11=!${Me.Song[Eyrzekla's Watch].ID}
Cond12=${Me.PctMana} > 30 && ${Target.PctHPs} > 30
Cond13=${Target.BuffsPopulated} && !${Target.Buff[Malosinara].ID}
Cond14=${Target.BuffsPopulated} && !${Target.Buff[Turgur's Diminishment].ID}
Cond15=(!${Me.Buff[Dampen Resistance XIII].ID} && ${Target.Level}>=${Me.Level}+4) || (!${Me.Buff[Dampen Resistance XIII].ID} && ${Me.XTarget} > 4)
Cond16=(!${Me.Buff[Focus of Arcanum VI].ID} && ${Target.Level}>=${Me.Level}+4) || (!${Me.Buff[Focus of Arcanum VI].ID} && ${Me.XTarget} > 4)
Cond17=(!${Me.Buff[Spiritual Blessing IX].ID} && ${Target.Level}>=${Me.Level}+4) || (!${Me.Buff[Spiritual Blessing IX].ID} && ${Me.XTarget} > 4)
Cond18=(!${Me.Song[Fleeting Spirit (Healing) V].ID} && ${Target.Level}>=${Me.Level}+4) || (!${Me.Song[Fleeting Spirit (Healing) V].ID} && ${Me.XTarget} > 4)
Cond19=${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
Cond20=!${Target.Buff[Fervent Growth Rk. II].ID} || !${Target.Buff[Fervent Growth].ID}
Cond21=!${Target.Buff[Talisman of the Enduring].ID} || !${Target.Buff[Spirit of the Enduring].ID} || !${Target.Buff[Spirit of the Tenacious].ID} || !${Target.Buff[Talisman of the Tenacious].ID}
Cond22=!${Target.Buff[Kromrif Focusing].ID} || !${Target.Buff[Vampyre Focusing].ID}
Cond23=${Me.CurrentHPs} < 46000
Cond24=${Me.CurrentHPs} < 4800 && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
Cond25=${Me.CurrentHPs} < 4000 && ${Me.CurrentMana} < 600 && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
[Spells]
Gem1=Wintry Gift
Gem2=Blood of Tevik Rk. II
Gem3=Frenzied Growth Rk. II
Gem4=Spiritual Squall Rk. II
Gem5=Spectre of Renewal Rk. II
Gem6=Zrelik's Recourse Rk. II
Gem7=Chaotic Poison Rk. II
Gem8=Reckless Renewal Rk. II
Gem9=Reckless Rejuvenation Rk. II
Gem10=Sjeon's Mending Rk. II
Gem11=Ancient Bargain Rk. II
Gem12=Primordial Intervention Rk. II
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
CastingInterruptOn=1
CheckStuckGem=1
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=0
TargetSwitchingOn=0
PetTauntOverride=0
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,Drag,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup,Tells
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=5
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
PullOnReturn=0
[PullAdvanced]
PullLocsOn=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0

Thank you for any assistance :-)

Few things, and I'll let others chime in.

1. Get rid of Reminiscent Counterbias. It has a DoT component to it, so if you end up grouping with a chanter/bard that likes to mez, you will run into an issue there. (I also don't see it on your Gem list. You can always enable/Disable Lanquid bite in your AA window to be used, which has a DoT component to it when using slow.
2. Same thing with Malosinera - I don't see it on your Gem List. Should be using Wind of Maliase on 1+ mobs
3. Kinda the same thing w/ Slow, use Turgur's Virt swarm as your slow on 1+, even though both slows are an AA, you really only need 1.

IIRC though, Kiss has/had a debuff section, where this could be put, vs putting it in DPS w/ all the conditions.

Few things, and I'll let others chime in.

1. Get rid of Reminiscent Counterbias. It has a DoT component to it, so if you end up grouping with a chanter/bard that likes to mez, you will run into an issue there. (I also don't see it on your Gem list. You can always enable/Disable Lanquid bite in your AA window to be used, which has a DoT component to it when using slow.
2. Same thing with Malosinera - I don't see it on your Gem List. Should be using Wind of Maliase on 1+ mobs
3. Kinda the same thing w/ Slow, use Turgur's Virt swarm as your slow on 1+, even though both slows are an AA, you really only need 1.

IIRC though, Kiss has/had a debuff section, where this could be put, vs putting it in DPS w/ all the conditions.
Sorry to be such a n00b, they all sound like good suggestions, how would I do that ?

I got that ini from the library and tried hacking it a bit but it seems like I've stuffed it up a bit.

Any advice on how I'd make those changes to the ini please ?

You're asking question instead of muddling through, which is a good thing. So no reason at all to be sorry. I'm between Friday morning meetings atm, so my response is going to get spotty here in a bit. I'm a bit rusty on my KA stuff, but I can try in a bit. Unless someone else comes else comes along before I get back.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG Gargoyle! I did almost the exact same things as you. Played when the game was released and then took a long break before I returned a few years ago. This site and community have made all the difference!!

It appears you have the hang of things much faster than I, grats!!

Once you get your crew working the way you like, here are some links to plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , Lua event manager, and a new favorite of mine MQ2linkDB.

For your ini questions, have you checked out the Kiss link? It may help on future changes you wish to make to your crew's ini.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG Gargoyle! I did almost the exact same things as you. Played when the game was released and then took a long break before I returned a few years ago. This site and community have made all the difference!!

It appears you have the hang of things much faster than I, grats!!

Once you get your crew working the way you like, here are some links to plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , Lua event manager, and a new favorite of mine MQ2linkDB.

For your ini questions, have you checked out the Kiss link? It may help on future changes you wish to make to your crew's ini.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and for those awesome links to check out ! I'm definitely keen to explore those !
It's hard to believe such an old game has such an active thriving community after so long :-)
I've tried MQ2Autogroup so far but couldn't seem to get it to work. I used the slash commands to create a group and allocate roles, but for some reason it didn't seem to want to send invites, haven't worked out why yet.
As for your kind words about getting the hang of things, I feel like it's taking me ages so thank you for your encouragement LOL !

You're asking question instead of muddling through, which is a good thing. So no reason at all to be sorry. I'm between Friday morning meetings atm, so my response is going to get spotty here in a bit. I'm a bit rusty on my KA stuff, but I can try in a bit. Unless someone else comes else comes along before I get back.
Thanks so much, super appreciate any and all assistance :-)

Just a quick dirty fix to get you going.

Change these lines.:
[AE]
AEOn=1
AESize=7
AERadius=75
AE1=Call of the Ancients|1|Me|cond9
AE2=Dampen Resistance|1|Me|cond9
AE3=Spirit Call|1|Mob|cond9
AE4=Ancestral Aid|1|Me|cond9
AE5=Fleeting Spirit|1|Me|cond9
AE6=Spiritual Blessing|1|Me|cond9
AE7=Intensity of the Resolute|1|Me|cond9

[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=17
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Wind of Malaise|99
DPS2=Turgur's Virulent Swarm|99
DPS7=Focus of Arcanum|99|Cond15
DPS8=Dampen Resistance|99|Cond16
DPS9=Fleeting Spirit|99|Cond17
DPS10=Spiritual Blessing|99|Cond18
DPS11=Call of the Ancients|99|Cond9
DPS12=Spirit Call|99|Cond9
DPS13=Spectre of Renewal Rk. II|99|MA|Cond3
DPS14=Communion of the Cheetah|99|Cond17
DPS15=Wintry Gift|98|MA|Cond1
DPS16=Armor of Experience|99|Cond24
DPS17=Staunch Recovery|99|Cond25
DebuffAllOn=1

Just a quick dirty fix to get you going.

Change these lines.:
[AE]
AEOn=1
AESize=7
AERadius=75
AE1=Call of the Ancients|1|Me|cond9
AE2=Dampen Resistance|1|Me|cond9
AE3=Spirit Call|1|Mob|cond9
AE4=Ancestral Aid|1|Me|cond9
AE5=Fleeting Spirit|1|Me|cond9
AE6=Spiritual Blessing|1|Me|cond9
AE7=Intensity of the Resolute|1|Me|cond9

[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=17
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Wind of Malaise|99
DPS2=Turgur's Virulent Swarm|99
DPS7=Focus of Arcanum|99|Cond15
DPS8=Dampen Resistance|99|Cond16
DPS9=Fleeting Spirit|99|Cond17
DPS10=Spiritual Blessing|99|Cond18
DPS11=Call of the Ancients|99|Cond9
DPS12=Spirit Call|99|Cond9
DPS13=Spectre of Renewal Rk. II|99|MA|Cond3
DPS14=Communion of the Cheetah|99|Cond17
DPS15=Wintry Gift|98|MA|Cond1
DPS16=Armor of Experience|99|Cond24
DPS17=Staunch Recovery|99|Cond25
DebuffAllOn=1
Thanks so much, I will give this a try ! :-)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and for those awesome links to check out ! I'm definitely keen to explore those !
It's hard to believe such an old game has such an active thriving community after so long :-)
I've tried MQ2Autogroup so far but couldn't seem to get it to work. I used the slash commands to create a group and allocate roles, but for some reason it didn't seem to want to send invites, haven't worked out why yet.
As for your kind words about getting the hang of things, I feel like it's taking me ages so thank you for your encouragement LOL !
I know a few guildies were having some trouble getting setup initially. Iirc they setup their group first in EQ, then used the commands to create the group for mq2autogroup. Once created, they logged out and double-checked the ini to make sure it was correct and when they logged back in, it worked. I think some thought the macro would work the moment it was setup and it appears it works on the next login. Hopefully this helps a bit!

You can also check out a Lua here

Ok: PROBLEM SOLVED !!

Turns out, *drum roll please* I'd never bought the Turgur's Insects spell /mic_drop

I'd been using the Counterbias line to slow b/c it added a HoT as well, and when I used the AA for the debuff, it was always after the counterbias so slow was already applied so I never noticed. And I just assumed (ass-u-me) that if I used the AA without using counterbias first, that it would slow, b/c that's what it said it did, but I never had call to test it, so never discovered that it wasn't. DOH !

One interesting corollary of this too: because I'd created the hotkey for the AA when I didn't know the Turgur's Insects spell, the hotkey created wasn't linked to that spell. So then later when I *DID* buy and scribe the spell, that AA button still wasn't linked to that spell, so still didn't cast slow. I had to recreate a new hotkay from the AA window, and THAT one, finally worked.

So it turns out it wasn't an issue with MQ2 at all, it was a PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair) issue.

Thanks for your patience while I worked that out LOL!

Ok: PROBLEM SOLVED !!

Turns out, *drum roll please* I'd never bought the Turgur's Insects spell /mic_drop

I'd been using the Counterbias line to slow b/c it added a HoT as well, and when I used the AA for the debuff, it was always after the counterbias so slow was already applied so I never noticed. And I just assumed (ass-u-me) that if I used the AA without using counterbias first, that it would slow, b/c that's what it said it did, but I never had call to test it, so never discovered that it wasn't. DOH !

One interesting corollary of this too: because I'd created the hotkey for the AA when I didn't know the Turgur's Insects spell, the hotkey created wasn't linked to that spell. So then later when I *DID* buy and scribe the spell, that AA button still wasn't linked to that spell, so still didn't cast slow. I had to recreate a new hotkay from the AA window, and THAT one, finally worked.

So it turns out it wasn't an issue with MQ2 at all, it was a PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair) issue.

Thanks for your patience while I worked that out LOL!
yeah... that always tripped me up as well. they really should fix the spell. it's quite confusing to have a lower level spell that is a better slow than a higher level spell.

Thanks folks. Super glad I got the issue resolved, super excited to play with MQ for the last 3 weeks, super happy with the autonav (OMG this is literally the best thing ever!), and then ...

.... super bummed to find out this morning all 6 of my accounts were suspended for 7 days :-(

:confused:

IRL - Returning to EQ after 20 yrs, new to MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back