• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Returning player (1 Viewer)

Kabel69

RedCents
150¢
Hi all. I'm a returning player and found a lot of time on my hands due to just having shoulder surgery. I stumbled on this site while searching for ways to run multiple toons easier since I'm limited on arm movement for a while. Looking forward to getting some of my lower level toons leveled up while I'm off work.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome back, and welcome to RG! I dropped a couple useful post for you, deff take it one step at a time, there is a TON of info.

This is one of the greatest online communities I have been part of, if you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask, people are very friendly and willing to help.

There is also a discord channel, if you want to drop in and see whats happening in real time, or have a quick question/observation.

Welcome to RedGuides!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the macros and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Hi all. I'm a returning player and found a lot of time on my hands due to just having shoulder surgery. I stumbled on this site while searching for ways to run multiple toons easier since I'm limited on arm movement for a while. Looking forward to getting some of my lower level toons leveled up while I'm off work.
Welcome Kabel69

As a person whom also has issues with using arms/hands i can only say the software here is amazing, it allows me to play the game i love and enjoy at a decent rate without damaging myself.
And the community here is great, always helpful and friendly so you are in safe "hands" !

Welcome! I retired many years ago and also came back due to a torn rotator cuff surgery and being out of work for 3 months!!

You’re going to enjoy the game a lot more with all of these QoL enhancements rgs provide for just being lvl 2 here and if you play on test you can try out all of the class plugins for free.

Thank you for the warm welcome and all the tips...I've watched some of the videos prior to signing up but I"ll take a more in depth dive in the next couple days and see if I can't get this train rolling in the right direction.

Welcome! I retired many years ago and also came back due to a torn rotator cuff surgery and being out of work for 3 months!!

You’re going to enjoy the game a lot more with all of these QoL enhancements rgs provide for just being lvl 2 here and if you play on test you can try out all of the class plugins for free.
Thx...I thought I was going to need rotator surgery but it ended up being a torn labrum. From what I hear, it's slightly less of a brutal recovery and PT than a rotator is. Either way I'm prob off work for a few months unless I can somehow get them to let me come back on restrictions.

Thx...I thought I was going to need rotator surgery but it ended up being a torn labrum. From what I hear, it's slightly less of a brutal recovery and PT than a rotator is. Either way I'm prob off work for a few months unless I can somehow get them to let me come back on restrictions.
Lol, as of this post it sounds like you want to work. Probably do like most, BUT after a month or 2 of R&R topped off with pain meds and playing EQ? Happened to me when I had knee surgery. During light duty they gave me a computer for inventory, and I was checking to see if it would play eq. :D and that was way before I knew about RedGuides.

Very welcome to the awesomeness that is RedGuides! Have fun and ask questions =)

Lol, as of this post it sounds like you want to work. Probably do like most, BUT after a month or 2 of R&R topped off with pain meds and playing EQ? Happened to me when I had knee surgery. During light duty they gave me a computer for inventory, and I was checking to see if it would play eq. :D and that was way before I knew about RedGuides.
HAH. That's funny..I wish I could just sit at a computer but I work at an Ethanol plant so lots of things I need to be able to use my arm for. Main reason I want to go back is because short term disability only covers 7wks and I don't want to lose that 40% pay going to long term disability...but then again the company doesn't want the liability of me hurting myself doing something I'm not supposed to which I get. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there and until then I'll just play games.

@Kabel69

Joining Welcome Home GIF

@2ndGoat ... my gift mofocker...lol
Step Brothers Mf GIF by reactionseditor

Welcome back. The journey is made fun with the help of the folks here at RedGuides and the assisted game play they've made available. It's a very helpful and welcoming group of folks that like to have fun. It's really increased my enjoyment of the game. Not having to continually mash buttons is wonderful. A few tidbits:
1 - The Ice Encrusted (level 110+), Blood-Soaked (level 115+) chase loot items, and Ancient Cloak of Flames can be made tradable again by placing the item into an Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner bought from the Alerynril the Loyal (loyalty vendor) or a mysterious presence (overseer merchant) in Plane of Knowledge. Trade them among your toons for the upgraded AA click, and when/if you outgrow them, resell them.
2 - Overseer Collection Item Dispenser reward from Diplomacy, Trade, and Exploration quests can be used to make No Trade collection items up to Terror of Luclin. The No Trade collection items are Heirloom and can be traded on the same account. You can also put the No Trade collection items in an Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner to make it tradable to anyone. Nice if you are missing one collection item from a set to help complete it.

Something you'll read and hear is to start small and grow into it. I tried jumping into the deep and almost drowned. Was too much for me. I waddled my way back to the shallow end and into the kiddie pool. MUCH better for you. Your mileage may very.

IRL - Returning player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back