• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - restless ore dropping from trash atm (1 Viewer)

Classic money grab move in my opinion...no way that it was an error. They just wanted to capitalize on subs and expansion hits for the studio sale.
I think it is much more complicated that than - and not nearly as nefarious.

I think dbg is basically in a "rebuilding" year - between all the hits they've taken - covid challenges, holly leaving, new tlps, database migration, a whole slew of technical failures, several long time developers leaving - it was just a perfect storm that falls heavy on us as the user. it really sucks - they probably weighed up delaying the xpac until its complete or releasing incomplete and decided on what they did for whatever reason.

like jande says I really suspect this will have a pretty rough impact on active players unless they hit us with some additional stuff here in an couple of months - otherwise its going to be a long year.

So they nerfed the drop chance as Ngreth said in the post, but didn't add it to chests as said in the same post. nice lol

They should have one ore per chest and like a 50% chance to drop from a T2 named. That would be fair enough but since they screwed up they will swing the pendulum in the complete opposite direction. 🙄

They should have one ore per chest and like a 50% chance to drop from a T2 named. That would be fair enough but since they screwed up they will swing the pendulum in the complete opposite direction. 🙄

Yep. On another note. I got a crystallized precious velium ore from a WW named earlier.....that was interesting. (yes, the type 18 aug ore from ToV)

I think it is much more complicated that than - and not nearly as nefarious.

I think dbg is basically in a "rebuilding" year - between all the hits they've taken - covid challenges, holly leaving, new tlps, database migration, a whole slew of technical failures, several long time developers leaving - it was just a perfect storm that falls heavy on us as the user. it really sucks - they probably weighed up delaying the xpac until its complete or releasing incomplete and decided on what they did for whatever reason.

like jande says I really suspect this will have a pretty rough impact on active players unless they hit us with some additional stuff here in an couple of months - otherwise its going to be a long year.

this seems to be most likely chain of events really....

At this rate they may as well leave the droprate alone, damang is done. Another 3 1/2 weeks of farming and nobody should be needing bricks in a very long time

Last edited:
This is my first year with a full group, so my perspective is a little different. With just a main and oddball groupage I pretty much had to go the long way through gear. But this is just too fast/easy but I would be dumb not to do it.

They Fixed the @#$^ out of these all right,

So in short:
Pre Patch off Trash in WW 10-24 ores with median of 16-18 ores on avg per 8 hours.
Post Patch off Trash 1 ore avg per 8 hours, Same average across 7 different sessions of 8-12 hours
Even in named camp that includes ore dropping trash models, its about 1 ore per 10 named spawns.

Same mobs, same kill rate which is a sustained 1.2 mil total group DPS average.

Just thought I would update everyone. I am glad that its at least a chance to drop during a normal grind, which is always better then any previous XPAC that had Zero Ores from trash, so that is a good thing.

They Fixed the @#$^ out of these all right,

So in short:
Pre Patch off Trash in WW 10-24 ores with median of 16-18 ores on avg per 8 hours.
Post Patch off Trash 1 ore avg per 8 hours, Same average across 7 different sessions of 8-12 hours
Even in named camp that includes ore dropping trash models, its about 1 ore per 10 named spawns.

Same mobs, same kill rate which is a sustained 1.2 mil total group DPS average.

Just thought I would update everyone. I am glad that its at least a chance to drop during a normal grind, which is always better then any previous XPAC that had Zero Ores from trash, so that is a good thing.

Your kill rate will determine how many ore you get and not all the mobs you're killing drop them to start with. Its like 1/400.

Your kill rate will determine how many ore you get and not all the mobs you're killing drop them to start with. Its like 1/400.

That might be what they hoped to put in as RNG , I looted nearly 1000 ores since launch, so I would argue that I have a good idea what we were seeing. RNG of course conquers all, but its has not been anything close to 1:400 since patch using the same groups in the same camp spots.

Of course W12, you run an entire army at once compared to most of us running just a couple groups or less, so are saying you are seeing 1:400 or just by NGreths post about how he was supposed to implement his new 2d2 rolls ?

*I also have been rotting on missions, but was just trying to give an update on the difference I have witnessed*

That might be what they hoped to put in as RNG , I looted nearly 1000 ores since launch, so I would argue that I have a good idea what we were seeing. RNG of course conquers all, but its has not been anything close to 1:400 since patch using the same groups in the same camp spots.

Of course W12, you run an entire army at once compared to most of us running just a couple groups or less, so are saying you are seeing 1:400 or just by NGreths post about how he was supposed to implement his new 2d2 rolls ?

1 to 400 Is less than he intended it to be a lot of people I know are seeing 1 to 125 or 1%. I haven’t been back though since.I picked up 150 ore for pre-break. At this point I farm missions if I need ore. One day I need to do I’ll head back to see what I was getting. Pre-nerf I was 4 ores pre hours, my expectation is to expect to see 1 ore per hour 15min now (account for lower % and RNG).

*I also have been rotting on missions, but was just trying to give an update on the difference I have witnessed*

Ill use 6 groups camping the entire WW cave basically at about 400 mobs an hr and im seeing 1 ore an hr or near it including what i get off the 2 named that spawn. Keep in mind not all the mobs in the caves like the assistants do not drop ore the blue caretakers do not drop ore.

Ill use 6 groups camping the entire WW cave basically at about 400 mobs an hr and im seeing 1 ore an hr or near it including what i get off the 2 named that spawn. Keep in mind not all the mobs in the caves like the assistants do not drop ore the blue caretakers do not drop ore.

Intersting, about the Caretakers, I know they did prior to patch as I looted many ores from them. We intentionally paid attention because it was a debate on a post regarding that same topic.

Good info though all around, thanks for chiming in.

Intersting, about the Caretakers, I know they did prior to patch as I looted many ores from them. We intentionally paid attention because it was a debate on a post regarding that same topic.

Good info though all around, thanks for chiming in.

Caretakers spawn blue and red. The red ones drop ore the blue ones do not.

More interesting is i camped named in CS the last few days and im getting ore way more often from them because they spawn at a higher rate and thats just with 1 group and 1 named.

1612069851198.png
Prior to the patch I collected a list of everything that was dropping (still technically do) and these are what I found to drop the ore for me.
Presumably all of these can drop it post patch, just at a much lower rate.

Strategy - restless ore dropping from trash atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back