• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - restless ore dropping from trash atm (1 Viewer)

Drop from drake and dragon mobs, level 112+, in Western Waste. The NE Caves is one of the best spots. Usually 5-6 groups in caves of every pick.

Dev just confirmed this isn't a bug 😲

But the lack of ores in chests is, so even more be flowing in.

Not gonna lie, feels like too much to me

Pretty much decked out main toon in one afternoon, farming hatchlings

That's GD Wurm Caves 2.0, big pulls, mass kills, loot galore

yeah - can get fully xpac gear'd in a week lol - feels weird

It basically turns T1 and T2 gear completely and utterly useless. Why would I waste the time and money building a T1 or T2 piece when I can literally go straight to T3? It also negates alot of loot because the tradeskill non-visibles are better than most the dropped T2 loot. Its as if they created all of T1 and T2 for nothing. :shrug:

It seems it has been ninja patched. I was getting an ore every 20 mobs before. Now I have been in same camp 3 hours and I have seen 1 ore. Averaging about 60 kills per hour.

It seems it has been ninja patched. I was getting an ore every 20 mobs before. Now I have been in same camp 3 hours and I have seen 1 ore. Averaging about 60 kills per hour.

I suspect you are correct, or we are both very unlucky. I haven't gotten an ore in over six hours constant killing. Some dark blues but mostly white/yellows =(

Ah well if on the chests I don't care all that much. Zland you can do with group geared and I can have a few teams :P (80 lost ores and counting so far)

You guys on the normal server are buggered ! Guess you could do the mission and just before chest open taskadd the character that needs the ore.

Not sure if this is going to be hot-patched or fixed for the upcoming patch, but either way, it has been nerfed !

**IF someone does get an Ore in a mission, would you post on here so we know when its live? **

1608230913948.png

I just got on ore off a trash mob in a mission but haven't done the mission yet. Did it early this morning and nothing in the chest.

someone over there is either bad at coding or just bad at math, maybe both XD
They said it's supposed to be 1% but it's been "averaging" around 3. Not that big a deal IMO. idk about the other mats, seems like it makes sense to drop the mats often enough to make the fadeds for the crystallized by the time you get the crystallized. Since they only drop off certain mobs, extra mats from same mobs makes sense. In the middle era of the game, ts mats dropped off everything though not as common as I'd have liked. Before and after that they seem to have decided to make it more mob specific. Humanoid types or at least those that look it, and those damned dirty hoarding dragons, make sense to have all types as well while a spider shouldn't have ore or leather.

It's just a money grab move to pad their sell of Darkpaw (not a bug). Trying to keep subs steady and push as mush expansion volume as possible...
Nothing to see...move along.
~A.I

Presumably the 2d2 table remains, so dropping it to 0.25% will make it the intended 1% (since it was 1% and the 2d2 was making it 4%)

He said it actually worked out to 3%. But, that said, I was getting them better last night and this morning than I was last few days(RNG, luck lol) it hasn't been nerfed yet. That will go live same time as mission chests start dropping them (100%)

He said it actually worked out to 3%. But, that said, I was getting them better last night and this morning than I was last few days(RNG, luck lol) it hasn't been nerfed yet. That will go live same time as mission chests start dropping them (100%)

It's just a money grab...they've pretty much ruined the game up-front to secure subs and expasion sales for a few weeks to coast through impending sale of studio. This will tank cov, tov, and tbl tradeskill markets. Good time to dump on anyone still buying.
-A.I

Think the movie "Margin Call" but with eq tradeskill components...lol

I am afraid that we will see big losses on the raiding scene this year. At least previous years there was AA/items to get for alts e.g a reason to log in. This year after tier3 raid is dead there won't be much reason except to get some loot for your main. Quite a few people do not care about that already and disappear during the farming cycle. Keep in mind tier3 unlock in 2 1/2 month, all progression etc would be don on the alts already.

I am afraid that we will see big losses on the raiding scene this year. At least previous years there was AA/items to get for alts e.g a reason to log in. This year after tier3 raid is dead there won't be much reason except to get some loot for your main. Quite a few people do not care about that already and disappear during the farming cycle. Keep in mind tier3 unlock in 2 1/2 month, all progression etc would be don on the alts already.
[/QUOTE

Classic money grab move in my opinion...no way that it was an error. They just wanted to capitalize on subs and expansion hits for the studio sale.

Strategy - restless ore dropping from trash atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back