• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Report Suspensions/Bans Here (1 Viewer)

Re: Report Bans Here

He was using vanilla and got hit?

I was only using it after the notice was put out and probably not immediately. I probably did something stupid like /gate or /sumcorpse /succor or /fade.

My cousin suspects that they may have been looking for as far as a week before the notice and tagged all accounts using active hacks in that time for a suspension and did them all in one fell swoop.

I was suspended using The Addicts Ban'ei Compile and I didnt use anything but map but I think I used /gate a few times... weird part is all my accounts but one were suspended

well I havent got a email ethier so I tried to talk to them in chat support... here's how it went.

[12:26:46 PM] Hi, my name is TSR Bryndan B..
[12:27:02 PM] TSR Bryndan B.: Hi I see you have a question regarding a suspended account?
[12:28:23 PM] xxxxx soe: yes 2 of my accounts are suspended, just wondering for how long
[12:29:52 PM] TSR Bryndan B.: It appears your accounts are one of 990 accounts that have been verified in our logs for hacking.
[12:30:02 PM] TSR Bryndan B.: In order to have the suspension removed you will need to contact a game master
[12:31:26 PM] TSR Bryndan B.: I do not see any other information unfortunately. In order to get more information I recommend sending a ticket to a game master by going here: http://support.station.sony.com/petition

well I havent got a email ethier so I tried to talk to them in chat support... here's how it went.

[12:26:46 PM] Hi, my name is TSR Bryndan B..
[12:27:02 PM] TSR Bryndan B.: Hi I see you have a question regarding a suspended account?
[12:28:23 PM] xxxxx soe: yes 2 of my accounts are suspended, just wondering for how long
[12:29:52 PM] TSR Bryndan B.: It appears your accounts are one of 990 accounts that have been verified in our logs for hacking.
[12:30:02 PM] TSR Bryndan B.: In order to have the suspension removed you will need to contact a game master
[12:31:26 PM] TSR Bryndan B.: I do not see any other information unfortunately. In order to get more information I recommend sending a ticket to a game master by going here: http://support.station.sony.com/petition

AWESOME INFO
Thank you for sharing

Going to share this at macroquest2.com

Doing the Math...

990 * $15 = 14850/month

$14850/month * 12 months = $178200 a year

No wonder there was a warning put out. Anyone have any details as to how much of Everquest's Cash Flow/subscriptions that would total up to? :)

just got this.

Hello,

Your EverQuest account has been suspended for 3 to 4 days for violating our rules and policies; specifically for hacking. Your actions in-game were triggered by our anti-hack detection software so you will have to serve the full length of your suspension. Please review the rules and policies at http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16204 and adhere to them upon completion of your suspension or risk further negative action being taken against your account.

Sincerely,

Tim Vick
Head GM Maenar - EverQuest
Sony Online Entertainment, LLC

SAME e-mail and some thoughts.

Same e-mail received today...

Hello,

Your EverQuest account has been suspended for 3 to 4 days for violating our rules and policies; specifically for hacking. Your actions in-game were triggered by our anti-hack detection software so you will have to serve the full length of your suspension. Please review the rules and policies at http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16204 and adhere to them upon completion of your suspension or risk further negative action being taken against your account.

Sincerely,

Tim Vick

Head GM Maenar – EverQuest

Sony Online Entertainment, LLC

FUCK YOU SONY And yes, I was playing it safe, except for the recent active hack use. I guess vanilla compile will be the way to go? I'm wondering what the detection tool is detecting though. If they are detecting the actual MQ2 program, are we really safe at all? I'm probably just going to go back to pressing lots of detailed macro buttons.. until we figure it out. I'm inching closer to just wanting to max level my toons and finishing up some language quests and posting the accounts to PA.

I think you're right about them using past logs, I didn't realize they had come out with new "Tools" to detect people until around the end of Oct. I used to piggyzone and warp like a fiend, sometimes in popular zones, I figured no one would say anything for fear of being found out also. I never once got a tell from anyone saying "Nice warping" Or "Hey fellow MQer!" lol. I never sent any tells like that either so I guess we are a sort of private bunch. Oh well Drinal, I'll be back on you soon! :) consequently I've had my account logged in for 24 or so hours past when they suspended it. I transferred all the money, all the "currencies" and all the valuable items off my toons to a friends account who hasn't been active for almost a year. Just as a precaution, since I got this e-mail I feel better and I closed the account down from character select so I can just enjoy some free time from EQ and give my computer a break. What was I going to do with just one account anyway, lol.

I sort of feel like I had something to do with this anyway. I myself have reported people for "Hacking" when they show up in my camp to kill a named that's up and I know they have been warping around the zone because I watch people. I know other MQers and I'm friends with one who MQ's with his wife. I have never reported or tried to get someone in trouble if they are respectful to me and do their own thing. I feel like an asshole now, but hey there was a ton of non-hackers bitching too, who knows but what's done is done. I hope we can at least go back to using vanilla and being able to kissassist.

You know who you are, we know who you are, and you now have your warning. We strongly advise you to take heed and reform your ways immediately. There will be no second chances.

This worries me that they will ban for good next time and they know we have it active. One of my accounts was suspended for just using maps... I guess its back to hotkeys lol

Last edited:
2 account suspended for 3-4 days "specifically for hacking" funny thing is i have 2 more account that have not been suspended "yet". only thing different that i have done on these two account and not the others is run the fletching macro

Yep, I got one toon suspended out of 3 toons. The weird thing is, I havn't even logged on EQ since the MOTD.

Heres my lovely email:

Hello, Your EverQuest account has been suspended for 3 to 4 days for violating our rules and policies; specifically for hacking. Your actions in-game were triggered by our anti-hack detection software so you will have to serve the full length of your suspension. Please review the rules and policies at http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16204 and adhere to them upon completion of your suspension or risk further negative action being taken against your account. Sincerely, Tim VickHead GM Maenar - EverQuestSony Online Entertainment, LLC

Now, before the MOTD I did warp heavily, however I did warp on all 3 accounts heavily, however I havn't been on since the MOTD tho on neither accounts. Which boggles my mind.

I thought the dam MOTD was supposed to be a warning, and if you "hack" afterwards you will be suspended. So wtf.

Greetings,
This is a notification to let you know that we have released your EverQuest account from suspension. In an effort to better safeguard EverQuest from abuse from using 3rd party programs, we did a sweep against this type of activity and took action against accounts that have trigged our anti-cheating detection logs. In this effort, it seems the most recent wave of suspensions may have caught up some accounts un-intentionally that did not quite meet the threshold which we desired. It appears one (or more) of your accounts may have been affected. We apologize for any inconvenience. All affected accounts have been released from suspension and 7 days of game time have been added to the subscription(s). We thank you for your understanding as we continue to work towards making Norrath more fun and fair for all.

If you have any questions concerning our rules and regulations, please visit the link below:

http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16204

Regards,

Christopher Sickels

Friend in the game who isnt a cheater uses the g13 to auto forage over night she got banned and then got an apology letter with that being said its obvious they aren't using a sniffer program to see what background programs your running its pretty boggling not gunna lie

Last edited:
I have been running Vanilla and a Logitech G510 no problems so far. I'm guessing the G13 flagged because of repeated key press for hours on end.

built a recruit a friend account toon is lvl 51 like 12 hours ago piggy zone from cresent reach to pok, never left pok, the account is now suspended, confirmed the account is currently logged onto the world but when trying to boot him on log on says account is supended, hope this answeres some questions

Got my email over the weekend, Sat @ 7:30 pm to be exact. I dont play on the weekends. I've been using /zone, kissassist, /warp etc. the whole nine yards. I'm thinking it was all the warping i been doing to knock out these stupid tasks/quests. ow well!! Also strange was only 1 account (sadly my main, no raiding for me) was suspended, all others are up and running. not sure why they didnt hit the other 4 accounts. I've said to much! Merry X-mas...

/gate.

My accounts are still suspended 2 days later, still waiting... like everyone has said ive been using vanilla on my 4th account for days with no problems, seems gate, piggyzone, and all active hacks are Detected instantly. Ive warped a few times on my 4th account with no issue but that doesnt mean it is safe to do so still.

Yep, I got one toon suspended out of 3 toons. The weird thing is, I havn't even logged on EQ since the MOTD.

Heres my lovely email:

Now, before the MOTD I did warp heavily, however I did warp on all 3 accounts heavily, however I havn't been on since the MOTD tho on neither accounts. Which boggles my mind.

I thought the dam MOTD was supposed to be a warning, and if you "hack" afterwards you will be suspended. So wtf.

Love the ignorance. They probably ran the logs for 15-30 days before the MOTD for anyone that was either tagged as a hacker(reported/petitioned) or popped up with any kind of red flag.

I have 27 accounts untouched, knock on wood...I have used only map, moveutils, tracking, /gated once (4 months ago), /warp (3 occasions, 2+ months ago on one account)

So I'm starting to understand, kinda, the guys who aren't warping/zoning/gating etc are ok. The guys who used active hacks like myself got suspended. And in fact, I had MQ running when I re-activated the mage to transfer my assets and he isn't suspended yet. I didn't do anything weird on him though, I just ran and zoned and didn't do much of anything except stand in the baz while I offloaded my trader and other toons to him. Seems like vanilla will be the way to go if I want to keep using kissassist. I'm still suspended on all the accounts though, it's only been like 2 days :(

I have something to add that was discuss on my guild's Ventrilo. It seems they are claiming to have banned/suspended around 900 accounts. SoE Customer Support is currently flooded because an estimated 20-27% of these were not actually using any third party program. So, if that large of a percentage is correctly reported as honest people that don't use third party programs, then I have to wonder if they aren't checking events that happen in game not even looking at checking for programs running with the client. When I was banned before the consensus was that they were checking activity logs and since I spent less than 20 seconds across several zones i was obviously hacking. This methodology could also account for the widespread discrepancies on this thread and the not banned thread.

In other words SoE doesn't care what you are running in the back ground. If you meet condition A in activity log you got suspended, where condition A was moving too quickly or perhaps zoning too many times in X amount of time. I'm having trouble producing scenarios that could be mistaken for third party program activity off the top of my head.

I have something to add that was discuss on my guild's Ventrilo. It seems they are claiming to have banned/suspended around 900 accounts. SoE Customer Support is currently flooded because an estimated 20-27% of these were not actually using any third party program. So, if that large of a percentage is correctly reported as honest people that don't use third party programs, then I have to wonder if they aren't checking events that happen in game not even looking at checking for programs running with the client. When I was banned before the consensus was that they were checking activity logs and since I spent less than 20 seconds across several zones i was obviously hacking. This methodology could also account for the widespread discrepancies on this thread and the not banned thread.

In other words SoE doesn't care what you are running in the back ground. If you meet condition A in activity log you got suspended, where condition A was moving too quickly or perhaps zoning too many times in X amount of time. I'm having trouble producing scenarios that could be mistaken for third party program activity off the top of my head.

People have reported getting suspended for trying to enter instance too quickly and getting warped to the safe point of the zone.

I was going to saya go to pok and zone back and forth between lobby/baz/pok a whole bunch of times as fast as you can, see what happens =p

I know a guy who got 2 toons suspended today for warping and /gate.. so they are just checking for that stuff to happen and it auto suspends you. I can believe that people are getting it from bugged instances

My buddy just called them today and they said their software detected a macro, how is this possible? They detected repetitive actions or what? I can think of everyone in EQ being suspended in this case, anyone who makes a macro button that has /cast 1, pause /cast 2 etc. if you only ever press your dps key, then certain spells over and over, it may look like a program. They are so retarded, I hope they pull the plug on the new "software" and just leave us alone. In this case, if they are looking for repetitive actions, we could just code kiss and other macros to use a RNG to cast dps and other spells. Just like EQ dice, random number every time not always the same order? lol let me know if this would be possible or if it's a pipe dream. It doesn't seem like they are using spyware to see what's on our computers so we're at least safe in that respect, but now I'm afraid to even try using kiss.

The only compile anyone should be using is the Very Vanilla. The Ban'ei compile may have memory leaks they can detect even though you you aren't warping etc. It automatically loads some of the active hacks. No one at macroquest2.com has reported being suspended. They compile their own plugins and its completely vanilla. My accounts are still suspended so I haven't been able to any testing. Either use the Very Vanill compile only or don't MQ2 at all.

On Friday, December 9, 2011 the first wave of accounts were suspended as a result of the new anti-cheating code in EverQuest. This included suspensions on more than 700 accounts for a number of days by way of a first warning.

After substantial review, we determined a small number of individuals who may have been mistakenly identified in the initial wave. We always give our players the benefit of the doubt and consequently, the affected accounts were unsuspended and received an apology along with additional time credit. Cheating is a huge concern that affects the entire community and therefore, must be addressed accordingly. Moving forward, we will continue to review and revise practices to make sure that our processes are efficient and precise.

Remember that these suspensions are merely the first wave, and further action is on the horizon. We will not rest, but will instead continue to gather data and take action as necessary on behalf of the entire player base.

Don't cheat - it's not worth it.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/news_article.vm?id=52456&month=122011

is what im wondering, my friend kept sending emails and finally got his unsuspended, seems they are forgetting to unban people, mine is past the suspension limit already.

This is some Bullshit right here...

Response Via Email (GM Kontah) 12/13/2011 03:47 AM
Greetings ****,

This is GM Ryalasta responding to your petition.

I see that you would like to enquire as to why this account was suspended. While reviewing our records I found that this account was suspended for hacking in-game. Due to this the account has been suspended for a period of 3 to 4 days on 12/09/2011, so the suspension should be up 4 days after then which would be 12:01 AM PST. Please know that we are unable to give out the specifics as to what hacks an account was suspended or banned for doing, as this information makes it easier for the people who create hacks to discover ways to bypass our detection methods.

When an account logs into Everquest one agrees to play by the Rules and Policies that have been set in place to keep Everquest a fun and entertaining game for all. Please refrain from engaging in any future violations of the Rules and Policies if you wish to avoid further actions being taken against this account. Below I have placed links to the Knowledge Base articles which cover the Rules of Conduct and the EULA, for you to read over if you wish to.

Rules of Conduct - http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=16211

EULA - http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=16210

If you have any further issues in the future please use the /petition command to create a new ticket and try to provide us with as much information as you can, so we can hopefully resolve your problem.

GM Ryalasta
Sony Online Entertainment

Looks like at 3am est I should be getting unsuspended.

*EDIT: Upon reading that email carefully, I am thinking the GM forgot his name.... I see two GM names.

Report Suspensions/Bans Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back