• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - RedGuides own Emu Server? (1 Viewer)

Because we're for-profit, that could put us in a bad situation.

The good news: @Enine is running a successful emu server, and @eqmule may have something up his sleeve ;)

We've been putting a lot of work into our emu compile recently, as we want to start streaming and making these servers more popular.

The good news: @Enine is running a successful emu server, and @eqmule may have something up his sleeve ;)

We've been putting a lot of work into our emu compile recently, as we want to start streaming and making these servers more popular.
Thanks for the shout out man!! There is quite a good bit of redguides users on my server if you wish to check it out. Enine's Profusion. We normally have about 300 to 400 online. Emulator is the future of everquest sad to say why i jumped on board with it when daybreak took over. =P

Given the current popularity of P99 Green, TLPs, and of course the streaming situation, this sounds like exciting times. Definitely interested to see what folks have up their sleeves.

Love the idea of helping popularize these folks. One suggestion as well, depending, would be to see if plugin devs would want to make an EMU version of their plugin 'free' similar to how eqmule has setup eq2wire on test. This may also drive some folks over. That being said I wouldn't want to remove anyone source of side income or 'kudos' cash (i.e., side projects that help buy a coffee, lunch, or new computing equipment now and again).

Guess I should start reading instructions for getting the titanium client and get ready! Thankfully @r1pt1de's work on the VV updater makes switching between VV instances very easy.

Given the current popularity of P99 Green, TLPs, and of course the streaming situation, this sounds like exciting times. Definitely interested to see what folks have up their sleeves.

Love the idea of helping popularize these folks. One suggestion as well, depending, would be to see if plugin devs would want to make an EMU version of their plugin 'free' similar to how eqmule has setup eq2wire on test. This may also drive some folks over. That being said I wouldn't want to remove anyone source of side income or 'kudos' cash (i.e., side projects that help buy a coffee, lunch, or new computing equipment now and again).

Guess I should start reading instructions for getting the titanium client and get ready! Thankfully @r1pt1de's work on the VV updater makes switching between VV instances very easy.
I would not recommend trying to use mq2 on p99 servers their dll will detect you before you even get mq2 loaded it scans quite a lot looking for it. And wil block it no matter the compile. Their detections make daybreak look weak.

I would not recommend trying to use mq2 on p99 servers their dll will detect you before you even get mq2 loaded it scans quite a lot looking for it. And wil block it no matter the compile. Their detections make daybreak look weak.
Concur. Speaking not promoting its use there but as a sign that there's a need for a diverse emu community allowing mq2.

Why my server is here it is live eq to a point with very few custom things. Such as quested custom bis non vis stuff or zone pull clicks with repop clicks prive instances that can port group raid all at once. Muchhhh more

Why my server is here it is live eq to a point with very few custom things. Such as quested custom bis non vis stuff or zone pull clicks with repop clicks prive instances that can port group raid all at once. Muchhhh more

what expansion is it up to?

what expansion is it up to?
At the moment it is quite a mix of zones. From kunark to my last tier is in beta at the moment but is Rof xorbb zone. I plan to utilize a lot of content most emulators dont use. We are not your tech classic everquest feel but the same armor drops with custom quest lines with epics up to 4.0 atm and rk 6 augs for epics. Also have special quested very very strong weps that are bis other then donor 2h. For our donorator system I am not big on taking donations it makes me feel bad to even get them when i do. So what i did was allow players to earn donor credits to buy best of the best gear and weps for each hour they are online. I try to keep it 100% fair for all players to achieve the same thing if they are willing to put the time in for it. I take pride in making sure all players are happy taking all suggestions into consideration or implementing them. If you have ever wanted to play somewhere with nearly 24/7 around the clock in game support this is the place to be. More content is underway I am alone doing all this fixing things making new things new quests new npc etc so it is not super fast for me to do it all. At the moment though we have 9 tiers for one to blast through. Also have a npc who can port to any zone in the game (if emulator allows and i have not locked the zone for further tier).

Question - RedGuides own Emu Server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back