• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Recent Bannings: Post here. (1 Viewer)

I would NOT do anything to bring more attention to you as hotdog said EULA states you already fucked up by cheating now your telling them you like breaking other policies of the EULA not a smart move in my thought

The EULA states you can't transfer ownership of accounts. It says nothing about not allowing your child/spouse/sibling/life partner/sig other (basically any family member living under the same roof) use of your account.

Try again, RedDog.

The very first section of EQ’s EULA when you log onto to play is, and I quote:

1. "Accounts are available only to adults or, in their discretion, their minor child…You may not transfer or share your Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian you may permit one child to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account).”

That’s exactly what it states – one child. Not two children, not a spouse, not your step-brother's uncle's cousin…just one child.

Ask any GM if that is true. If they know and support the EULA, they will repeat exactly what is typed above.

Yea I got busted up with the I let my kido use my accounto after I went to bed story and I got shot down with the

"one child to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account)"

You are in violation of EULA code red then pretty much in a very nice way the GM told me to eat his ass and like it - I declined but he was nice about it

Lol you didnt like me on MMO either if I rerember right LMAO thanks "D"

D is short for a name here

thezer said:
You are in violation of EULA code red then pretty much in a very nice way the GM told me to eat his ass and like it - I declined but he was nice about it

ROFL!

Heh I like the guy on first page. Actually very smart thing to do lol. He killed his self after playing in Shadowrest. So when he got supended his gear was all on his monk's corpse and had it when he got unsuppended. Thats to damb funny. Wonder if that shit still works. Its an idea for all of us who cheat.

1st time trying MQ2, 1 account banned on Tunare. Trash account I just made with the all expansion pack and got a monk to 57 in the traditional PL method, then got greedy and tried a afk plugin (was at keyboard though), guess I should have studied MQ'in a little more before giving it a first go.
I did do a /petition before on it that was not ratified by customer service. I called my credit card company and was able to get a refund. I pursed the fact that my customer service report failed to get resolved before the banning. For SOE's failure to resolve my issue before the banning, they found that good enough reason to issue a refund to my credit card despite the EULA regarding suspended/banned accounts.
Credit card company is Wells Fargo :)

Recently back to EQ, due to RL and a much needed machine upgrade, I read the MQ2 boards after reading the boards here to see what the current state of banning was. I hear about all these recent banning but not much posted here. So what are people hearing, :confused: and what are people doing when they get banned. The last post was in May 18th, so am I to believe no one has gotten banned since then?? Please refresh this thread. If you folks have updated info

Peace

I gather there may have been a few suspensions and roll-backs related to the recent bag-duping exploit, but I haven't seen much discussion about that that went beyond speculation. Then again Sony may not have fully dropped the hammer on that issue yet. Folks have been speculating that Sony can check the server logs, merchant logs and logs related to the "bag lady" in the Bazaar to see who was duping, but I'm still seeing signs that they either haven't done that, or haven't finished cracking down on the dupers.

For example, this morning I saw somebody in the Bazaar on my server with something like 18 Fleeting Quiver tokens. Given the extreme rarity of the high quality lion skin needed to make the Fleeting Quivers I am forced to conclude that the person with those tokens for sale almost certainly either duped them or got them from somebody who did.

I duped about oh 30 or so AAAA and 50ish other bags on an alt account that i didnt care if it go banned...... and nope no roll-back or suspension..... nada.... will see if they are going to smack me or not

I don't know of any specific account that were suspended or banned for duping bags but I would think some got hit with a suspension or ban. I do remember a level 72 toon who had obscene number of AAAA's to sell for insanely low price. I haven't seen the player on since then. EQPlayer shows he hasn't been on for 2 weeks now.

Word on EQ Live forum, seems a lot of people were banned Sunday. No specific explanation was given but many seems to think it's related to bag duping bug.

Forum link: (copy and paste in a new window) xxxx://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=116895

a friend of mine was suspended for 3 days but only because some one snitched him out. he had a gm snooping his wares. the guy reported he had 25 aaaa when he only had liek 4 or 5 cuz he didnt have the cash but he did manage a few. well a guy from that persons guild approached him and told him. then 15 minutes later a gm keeps poppign in and out browsing his wares. he only kept one aaaa up and never sold it. then next day they just told him he was suspended for duping. oh well we both got our 80 aaaa after that. ..!.. to the whistle blower lol

Hello, GM Deodan here, and I regret that I must inform you of a serious matter pertaining to your EverQuest Account. Your character/account was found to be exploiting the game by repeating a game-task using means not available to players. Your account has been suspended for a period of 10 days, and your character has been rolled-back for 20 days (or latest-available saved point). Please take this time to consider your actions.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this account action, GMs will not be able to assist you further. You must contact our Tech/Accounts department via phone (phone-only for this matter) and you may find phone contact information by following the Knowledge Base link below within my signature.

I do bid ye Safe Journeys and Happy Hunting.

Deodan the Blueberry Muffin Man of Stormhammer

Account Banned. NEVER used anything on this account except having macroquest running in background (habit, I load it before loading eq). Didn't use any macros or hacks at all. Only thing I can think is one of the macros/hacks that automatically turns on when you run macroquest has been buggered. This was a brand new account less than 3 weeks old. No e-mail sent from soe, no explanation, just banned (fortunatly, I was smart and got a friend to put it on their credit card etc so it's not linked to me in any way). He will be calling SoE to ask them WTF is going on. Might be able to gleen some information. I'll let ya all know. This was on Erollisi Mar btw.

Dragon

Lame ass GM said:
"Greetings,
It has come to our attention from our various resources to show that your account has been linked to using a third party program to modify the EverQuest Client. This email was sent to inform you that this is against the End User License Agreement(EULA). Please be aware that further reports of using third party programs may result in a suspension with the possibility of your account being reviewed for cancellation, thus we strongly suggest that you discontinue using any third party programs immediately.

I have included a copy of the relevant portion of our EULA for your review. If you have any questions you can see the entire EULA at..."

"...Your account has been suspended for a period of 10 days, and your character has been rolled-back for 20 days (or latest-available saved point). Please take this time to consider your actions..."
I do bid ye Safe Journeys and Happy Hunting.

Deodan the Blueberry Muffin Man of Stormhammer

Guess that makes this my first warning... Hes a busy worker that Deodon...

BTW WTFH..... Just got this mail:
Regarding Your EverQuest Account - *removed* (Game Exploitation)

Reference Number: *removed*

Hello: *removed*

Dear Customer,

You recently contacted our support department for assistance. In the interest of providing the best possible service, we have prepared the following survey for you to tell us how things went with your customer support interaction – feel free to speak your mind.

1) How well was your question or concern addressed to your satisfaction?
Very Satisfied
Somewhat Satisfied
No Opinion
Somewhat Unsatisfied
Very Unsatisfied

2) How satisfied are you with our response time to your specific question?
Very Satisfied
Somewhat Satisfied
No Opinion
Somewhat Unsatisfied
Very Unsatisfied

3) How satisfied are you that our help desk support staff are sufficiently knowledgeable and professional?
Very Satisfied
Somewhat Satisfied
No Opinion
Somewhat Unsatisfied
Very Unsatisfied

4) We greatly value your input and have left the following space for you to supply us with any comments or suggestions that you might have. If you would like to discuss further, please leave your contact information (phone/e-mail) and someone will contact you.

Submit Answer

Erm they want me to tell if i think they handled my suspension well ?!?!?!

Only SoE only Soe =)

BTW think im gonna have to answer:
Very Unsatisfied, Very Unsatisfied and erm Very Unsatisfied =)

-decker

My new account, 3 weeks old, Banned. Never did anything with mq on that account at all. just turned it on and ran it in the background. Never loaded any plugins other than the default 'start up' plugins that load automatically when you fire up the program.

Kinda makes me wonder though now that I think back on it... I had been talking to a guild member about everquest. She was saying something about hackers and how she hated them and I told her if I wanted to, I could probably knock the login server off the web with a DoS attack. two days later the account was banned.

The more I think about it... *grumbles*

~Dragon

How are people getting banned for just having mq2 open? is this something i should be concerned about?

Toxn said:
How are people getting banned for just having mq2 open? is this something i should be concerned about?
People don't get banned for just having MQ2 open.

Toxn,

dRagonwind probably got banned for making that DoS comment, not MQ2, they would have just given a suspension first, or mentioned something about running 3rd party programs if it was for MQ2 use.

While since May it has been speculated that SoE knows exactly who the MQ2 users are(at least till early July till MQ devs made a fix), there have been no mass bannings reported.

Once again, most bannings/suspensions happen because either someone snitches on you and/or you do something incredibly stupid (like run afk macro in a heavily populated zone).

decker said:
BTW WTFH..... Just got this mail:

Erm they want me to tell if i think they handled my suspension well ?!?!?!

Only SoE only Soe =)

BTW think im gonna have to answer:
Very Unsatisfied, Very Unsatisfied and erm Very Unsatisfied =)

-decker
as for 4) We greatly value your input and have left the following space for you to supply us with any comments or suggestions that you might have. If you would like to discuss further, please leave your contact information (phone/e-mail) and someone will contact you.

Well, lets see here, you all haven't helped me in any way shape or form. I wasn't doing anything that was hurting anybody else's play experience. I was having fun, that is what a game is about right? You get payed every month by me and yet you still won't help me out? *expletive deleted* is this about? I mean come on now, you should be at least willing to let people play the way they want to play as long as its not affecting other people's play experience.

ok :) there's my answer.

Suspended for 10 days for an AFK macro which involved warping in an open zone. I had it set up to not run when other PC's were in the zone. I figure I was reported for it. No big deal, as I knew it was going to be a huge gamble to do it in an open zone, but thought the payoffs would be high enough.

Mateo

pizzahut said:
a friend of mine was suspended for 3 days but only because some one snitched him out. he had a gm snooping his wares. the guy reported he had 25 aaaa when he only had liek 4 or 5 cuz he didnt have the cash but he did manage a few. well a guy from that persons guild approached him and told him. then 15 minutes later a gm keeps poppign in and out browsing his wares. he only kept one aaaa up and never sold it. then next day they just told him he was suspended for duping. oh well we both got our 80 aaaa after that. ..!.. to the whistle blower lol

sorry been out of it a while what is this aaaa just some random thing that you duped. any how just reading old post and was cursious

it wast eh container for combinign last bloods and bazu stones in, the big long name that begins in A's

I got my necro banned because I used a ghost hack that apparently was not safe (lol). Fortunately my 65 bard twink got txevu/qvic gear in the process yay

mehackingfd4.jpg

whyipwncg6.jpg

whyipwn2kr1.jpg

:mq2 :D

yes, you can detour anything with mq2, most likely its a plugin for personal amusement since its all client side anyhow.
I can make a plugin that sets your hp to 10 billion, all your stats to 5k+ etc, but since thats all handled serverside it doesn't matter.

I'd like to see a plugin like that. Make a level 1 toon, have it shown with insane stats even though the toon is nekkid. Then pass the screenshot to a few friends and let them go nut.

There actually was a bug where you could get your hp legit up to 50k, but about 2 days after I heard about it, it was fixed, but it was likely in the game for at least a year before someone found it and told a few peeps about it :( So it is possible someone had those hit points if it was longer than 3ish months ago.

Ha I found out about the DoN hp bug 3 days before nerf.. I am gussing that bug was live for a VERY long time. we had few none MQers in the guild that had HIGH 500+ wis and they had no clue how it happend.. To bad we would have be able to raid so much, my necro was tanking Ice cracker and would LB for 60% lol it was awsome.

Suspended for LoN Card duping... Had about 15k decks loaded, 200k + cards opened. Was doing this for about a week before SOE caught everyone. Musta been some jackass at LoN getting with SOE about the issue. Anyway, my LoN account was Banned, so I thought I was in the clear.. tried to log on today and my account shows suspended.. Who knows what'l happen. I'm just hoping they wont roll my toons back because I had alot of stuff I just obtained in the last 20 days that are very valuable.

Have monk suspended ( a first for me Yay!) after over 2 years of macroing...

Couple interesting facts:

All 3 of my characters( that were active) were contacted by GM. Bazaar bot wasn't.

None of the characters have ever used warp. Monk used NoDelay for about 2weeks a year ago to level up fast and get about 1000AA.

Monk apparently tripped some cheater logs according to GM.

My theory is that those logs from 10 months ago, finally caught up to him, or possibly he was running into walls to much (stupid stick behind in close quarters).
Third possibility is that I tripped something, when I changed billing information finally to my own after paying through Gamecards for a long time.

GM gave me hell for being afk and killing in FH (said I've been doing it for 4 weeks, actually its been longer than that.. ;), but it looks like "croses fingers" my other two characters will not be touched for the time being.

Anyhow, if you are a monk, be careful, it is possible they are once again cracking down on monks even if they are legit(as far as GK/ND goes).

Or it could be it once again FHs turn to be policed.

All in all it was a good run, just wondering, what happens after suspension (is it ban or deban?).

Recent Bannings: Post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back