• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Re Joining Mq2 and EQ (1 Viewer)

Gareldar

RedCents
63¢
Re Joining Mq2 and EQ absolutely loved boxing, but I started to see diminished returned on FTP characters with accessing content/gear starting at ROF. This seemed to get worse as a I progressed up thru ROS. Is there something I am missing or just how the game evolves? I do not mind paying for 2 accounts but 6+ is a bit steep.

Re Joining Mq2 and EQ absolutely loved boxing, but I started to see diminished returned on FTP characters with accessing content/gear starting at ROF. This seemed to get worse as a I progressed up thru ROS. Is there something I am missing or just how the game evolves? I do not mind paying for 2 accounts but 6+ is a bit steep.
Welcome back!

they started including T1 gear of an xpac as non-prestige.

and some of if they allow for "previous level cap".

for example, ToV T1 gear you can use at 110, which is RoS -> TBL -> ToV --- so it is *very* good for those f2p toons.

your tank, if you're looking to do anything like missions or harder named content you'd definitely want prestiege so you can use augs

TBL gear is pretty much free and pretty legit. You can also buy snowbound and have someone fetch you the combines from tov/cov...pretty beefy tank

Welcome back!

they started including T1 gear of an xpac as non-prestige.

and some of if they allow for "previous level cap".

for example, ToV T1 gear you can use at 110, which is RoS -> TBL -> ToV --- so it is *very* good for those f2p toons.

your tank, if you're looking to do anything like missions or harder named content you'd definitely want prestiege so you can use augs

Thank you for the reply @Sic

Not sure if I am explaining it properly, these are the elements are really becoming unenjoyable after ROF
  • Itemization became locked behind the 3 Tier system, it is more of a 2 Tier system (FTP & Not FTP)
  • Augmentation is almost exclusively locked behind payment accounts with rare exceptions.
  • AA caps are temporarily locked behind payment account, there are work arounds for this system (temporary paid memberships through Kronos)
Is possible to progress and do missions with out having 6 paid accounts?

Not sure if I am explaining it properly, these are the elements are really becoming unenjoyable after ROF
  • Itemization became locked behind the 3 Tier system, it is more of a 2 Tier system (FTP & Not FTP)
  • Augmentation is almost exclusively locked behind payment accounts with rare exceptions.
  • AA caps are temporarily locked behind payment account, there are work arounds for this system (temporary paid memberships through Kronos)
yes, sub your tank only and krono everyone else and go snowbound/snowsquall...you'll probably tank want/enc/cleric/3x mage...casters and healers are much less dependent on gear

Ah, then nope
1. yes they still do t1, t2, and crafted t3, and then raid
2. yes after tbm there aren't really any f2p type 7 augs , and not really for type 5
3. many folks just hit a krono, autogrant which goes up to EoK (which is nice that now it gives some focus stuff out the gate) and then use that krono 30 days to try and grind out to max aa. even if you go back to f2p, you get usage of the AA abilities, you just can't earn more

if you work at it and have the playtime, the habit can pay for itself, you can farm the Krono's every month, (depending on server economy) at least for some of your accounts.

@arb22 @Sic thanks for the information, I need to re evaluate the time needed to set this all up again. I wiped my old hard drive, so the MQ2 would be from scratch.

The community is here for you. Just ask if you need help setting things up. MQ2 is growing into what we call MQNext. Suggestion is to start working with it.

Ohhhh and welcome back

You can definitely finish up to the last xpac with only subbing your tank if you sub the others and get near max aa for them before stopping with the krono. The aotogrant ones will make a huge difference.

It will be a big struggle to keep up with current tier missions if you're not on gold accounts.
Thanks for the honesty. This is not a deterrent, but it is forcing me to look at the wider range of support I need to flesh out to keep up with current content.

Question - Re Joining Mq2 and EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back