• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - random disconnects (1 Viewer)

RedCents
48¢
i just recently got back into playing EQ live (old school servers), and I'm having a weird disconnect problem and I'm hoping someone can me with. i'm running an SK, shaman, and 4 mages, all using the CWTN mods. if i log into the guild lobby, and just set them to camp and let them sit around, nothing bad happens. but as soon as i set them up in a camp and get the SK pulling, i get these weird half disconnects that eventually end up sending me to the server select after an extended period of time.

during the time before it sends me to the server select screen the character that is beginning to crash is unable to casts anymore spells (all gems grey'd out), but if i move them around, i can see them moving from my other characters. any mobs that we were fighting are at a standstill and frozen, and i can't see any other characters moving or casting.
this is a completely fresh install with only the CWTN plugins and anything that is enabled by default on initial install. only the Lua script lootly is running. i've tried not having it running as well and it still does this crash thing. i have all the frame limiters set up for my characters to 0 when in the background.

i'm at a loss as to what i should do now to fix this, and it gets really frustrating when your healer freezes up while during a big pull.

I also have 3 other groups of 6 toons that run a mix of CWTN and rgmercs that also have this strange crashing problem.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

i just recently got back into playing EQ live (old school servers), and I'm having a weird disconnect problem and I'm hoping someone can me with. i'm running an SK, shaman, and 4 mages, all using the CWTN mods. if i log into the guild lobby, and just set them to camp and let them sit around, nothing bad happens. but as soon as i set them up in a camp and get the SK pulling, i get these weird half disconnects that eventually end up sending me to the server select after an extended period of time.

during the time before it sends me to the server select screen the character that is beginning to crash is unable to casts anymore spells (all gems grey'd out), but if i move them around, i can see them moving from my other characters. any mobs that we were fighting are at a standstill and frozen, and i can't see any other characters moving or casting.
this is a completely fresh install with only the CWTN plugins and anything that is enabled by default on initial install. only the Lua script lootly is running. i've tried not having it running as well and it still does this crash thing. i have all the frame limiters set up for my characters to 0 when in the background.

i'm at a loss as to what i should do now to fix this, and it gets really frustrating when your healer freezes up while during a big pull.

I also have 3 other groups of 6 toons that run a mix of CWTN and rgmercs that also have this strange crashing problem.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
this sounds like you are having network connections if you can't cast anything and you can't see toons moving around on your other screens.

this sounds like you are having network connections if you can't cast anything and you can't see toons moving around on your other screens.
i thought this as well and i've rebooted the router multiple times. i'm running 1gig fiber and haven't had any other connection problems. i've logged in all 24 of my toons from the same computer, turned on all their macs or plugins and let them buff up and sit in the guild hall for hours on end with everything enabled and no crashes, but as soon as I have just 1 group trying to kill stuff one of the toons just starts that crashing deal.

I can't see the toons moving on the "crashing" character but if i move that character around, i can see it moving on the other characters screens.

i thought this as well and i've rebooted the router multiple times. i'm running 1gig fiber and haven't had any other connection problems. i've logged in all 24 of my toons from the same computer, turned on all their macs or plugins and let them buff up and sit in the guild hall for hours on end with everything enabled and no crashes, but as soon as I have just 1 group trying to kill stuff one of the toons just starts that crashing deal.

I can't see the toons moving on the "crashing" character but if i move that character around, i can see it moving on the other characters screens.
Possibly video card or memory issues.

can't seem to find any reason for it, just randomly a character becomes unresponsive. can still be seen moving around but cannot do anything else, can't see other players and mobs seem to be standing still. and if I wait long enough it'll eventually (after 20 mins or so) disconnect and go to character select. it is not going LD, it has 100% connectivity and 0 packet loss. not sure if it's a plugin or a windows setting, just seems to randomly choose 1-2 of my boxes every so often to affect. I've done the standard optimizations, disabled defender, etc.
with the frequency this is happening it really feels unplayable. any ideas of things to try would be helpful.

Problem - random disconnects

Users who are viewing this thread

Back