• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Raid box - 36 toons (1 Viewer)

Kazq

RedCents
53¢
Hello All,

Been using KA for a little over a month or two now. Got my main group to 110 using it and now I’m looking to do more (I’m addicted).

looking for some advice from others who have tried to do a raid box of 36 or so toons. What plugins do y’all recommend? Do y’all use isoboxer to place windows? How do y’all keep track of everyone’s gear?

I’m using MQ2EQBCS atm. Should I be using dannet?

just found out about EQwire last night and it helped a lot with running 36 toons on 1 PC.

Appreciate the feedback and help.

Thanks for the macro Dreamflux! I’ll check it out. I forgot to mention I’m playing on the test server. Next isn’t available on test right? Planning to run raids from PoP and go up until I hit a road block. Understand some people say newer raids are impossible but I want to give it a shot haha.

You said your main team is 110. So TLP, F2P or not maxed?
And.. 6 can be done with CWTN and KA's.. 12 can be done, little more challenging... 24+ needs specialty things (in era TBL+ on live).

Thanks for the link Knightly. My main team is 110 on test server with max AAs.

Yes I understand raids past a certain point are not tank and spank. I’m ok with this and will need to learn how to take care of mechanics all at once. May or may not be possible idk but this is what makes me want to attempt this. Just looking for advice if anyone has attempt this and what their setup is or plugins they suggest to use.

Isboxer gives some really great benefits.
1. Place windows where u like.
2. Use multiple PC's
3. One click launch all ur toons
4. Broadcast toggles
5. Virtual eqclients
6. VideoFX - pass thru hotkeys.

It really does compliment MQ2...fits like a glove and I dont think i could box 54 without it.

I made the Switch to EQBCS2 for my messaging. Never tried dannet - its tempting - but new terminology and old brain dont mix very well.

MQ2BOXR is a must plugin for control. You can then use a mixture of methods to run your toons. Make simple hotkeys such as /bcaa //boxr pause and /bcaa //boxr unpause

MQ2Events is also a must for big raids.

Dont stop at 36!!!! Your almost there - just another 3 groups!!

Awesome. Thanks Szazor. I’ll take a look at these plugins and work on them. Haha idk about 54 yet. Is this possible to run on one PC?

I personally ended up grabbing a second machine for when I’m boxing that many on raids even with ram to spare settings down and logs off on all but one character I was still getting some weird bottlenecking.

Certainly possible to do on 1 PC - But I would also often get some toons running at 10fps for whatever reason...I could never resolve it so I just split my 54 into 3 grps Core PC1 (Tank CLR, ENC), PC2 (Wiz,Rogue,Mage,Dru), PC3 (Bard, Shaman,Zerk)

Other quick tips.

To get to a Raid Quickly: Run 3 Rogues and Plant a Fellowship Campfire
Fellowship in all the toons from that fellowship, then plant a Banner and Banner in the rest.

How to form a raid REALLY EASY:
Make sure you setup the plugin mq2autoaccept. Here is a little GEM from Sic to make everyone add everyone else. Its awesomesauce.

AutoAccept to make everyone add everyone else
/noparse /bcaa //bcaa //autoaccept add ${Me.Name}
/bcaa //autoaccept save

Then you can write a little macro to invite everyone.
ie.

Mine looks something like this:

/bct grp1Leader //invite toon1 /bct grp1Leader //invite toon2 /bct grp1Leader //invite toon3 /bct grp1Leader //invite toon4 /bct grp1Leader //invite toon5 /bct grp2Leader //invite toon6 /bct grp2Leader //invite toon7 /bct grp2Leader //invite toon8 /bct grp2Leader //invite toon9 /bct grp2Leader //invite toon10 /raidinvite grp1Leader /raidinvite grp2Leader

In this macro you can also start each toons plugin or macro, set Chase on, set raidmode on, set alliance on. All of that cool stuff that you only use in a raid.

Its worth taking the time to get this working 100%. You need to be able to Load up the toons, and /mac startraid to get you grouped and ready to raid all the toons following and running their automation.

thanks again for the info Szazor! At the moment, I have Mq2autogroup setup for everyone with isboxer/autologin setup. I can run my entire raid innerscape profile and it will load everyone and login then everyone is grouped together. How do yall handle switching between all the toons when you need to trade/gear up? Alt tab?

I use hotkeys in isboxer to switch windows. Using a combination of alt/ctrl etc keys and number 1 to 0 to switch windows. (I only have 18 windows tho).

I switched to Dannet when I went from boxing on one PC to using multiple PCs. At the time it seemed a little less complicated than having to setup kissbuffs etc. I am glad I made the move. Even though I primarily use only one PC again, I just find dannet less spammy over all. I essentially made a handwritten cheat sheet I kept on my desk for a week or so as I learned the new terms. But now I couldn't even imagine typing that extra slash all the time... *gasp* the horror

I've loaded 60 before on a machine with a i7-5930, 64 GB of RAM, and GTX970. I currently do 25-30 split between that machine and another that is an i7-9700 plus 64 gb of ram and a GTX970 (I had a second one when I built this machine and didn't feel like shelling out the money for a new graphics card at current prices given I don't run anything that really demands me having it.

Question - Raid box - 36 toons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back