• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Quick method to close windows on boxes? (1 Viewer)

Rusang

Learner of Many Things
RedCents
1,333¢
Good evening,

I'd like to find a way to quickly close Task/Expedition/Inventory windows on multiple characters as soon as they appear, maybe excluding certain characters (Main toon).

Does anyone have a solution? I am tired of changing to multiple toons for every quest I do, then having to close the windows in my way.

Thanks!

Good evening,

I'd like to find a way to quickly close Task/Expedition/Inventory windows on multiple characters as soon as they appear, maybe excluding certain characters (Main toon).

Does anyone have a solution? I am tired of changing to multiple toons for every quest I do, then having to close the windows in my way.

Thanks!
/bca //clean

Hijacking this thread for something a bit similar. Anyone got any ideas if you have a load of (50+) unresponsive eq clients loaded that are crashed or at character select, how to close them all at once?

Going to task manager, I can't see any way to do end task on them other than individually, is there some sort of process kill command I can enter in command prompt to kill all eqgame.exe processes?

It happens to me occasionally and the only easy way out has been to restart the pc...

Edit: did a bit of googling, maybe I can use taskkill https://winaero.com/kill-process-windows-10/amp/ Will try later.

I usually use /q

I make a hotkey on all toons and click it for each. Takes me right to the desktop with no hassles
Reminds me of EQ Classic when everyone was new and not all the commands were new.
People would /ooc there is a neat command that shows you your experience, the shortcut is /ex

Good times, me and a buddy fell for it.

Reminds me of EQ Classic when everyone was new and not all the commands were new.
People would /ooc there is a neat command that shows you your experience, the shortcut is /ex, or you can get increase your quickness using /q to the best mount on your keyring

Good times, me and a buddy fell for it.

Hehe yes, did you know if you are over 50% on a level or aa you can round up to the next point every time the servers come up from a patch, you just type /ex

My question is specifically about when the game is hung and non-responsive, or I have 50+ mq has detected a crash windows so /q or /dgae /q isn't an option.

I will try taskkill and report back... Just wondering if anyone else had come up with a solution to this or if there was a third party app that might do it like the ones that modify taskbar behaviour.

ctrl+alt+delete task manager and then end task on the window that is non responsive

This is for when like just now I've come back to my PC - I had left 40 odd toons logged in at the guild hall because I was messing with spells and ini's and then the family needed me so I got distracted for most of the day - I come back, the EQ server has gone down and there are 40 EQ windows back at the login screen, about a dozen 'MQ has detected a crash windows'... i.e. a mess that I really don't want to spend time cleaning up.

OK so I tested and the following works - just posting here in case anyone else is having the same problem as me. I know it really wasn't the question being asked by the OP so I apologise for that but the title made me think of a problem I've been having which I now consider solved. You can do the following:

Start Menu -> type 'cmd' -> Right click on the Command Prompt option in the Start Menu and choose 'Run as Administrator'.

Enter this text -> taskkill /F /IM eqgame.exe /T

Poof they're gone, let's go!

This is for when like just now I've come back to my PC - I had left 40 odd toons logged in at the guild hall because I was messing with spells and ini's and then the family needed me so I got distracted for most of the day - I come back, the EQ server has gone down and there are 40 EQ windows back at the login screen, about a dozen 'MQ has detected a crash windows'... i.e. a mess that I really don't want to spend time cleaning up.
When this happens to me, I usually go down the task bar and right click the eq icon and then click close all windows.

Start Menu -> type 'cmd' -> Right click on the Command Prompt option in the Start Menu and choose 'Run as Administrator'.

Enter this text -> taskkill /F /IM eqgame.exe /T
You only need to run as admin if your eqgame.exe is running as admin, if it’s not you are within the capabilities of the user context to kill an app.

Question - Quick method to close windows on boxes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back