• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Question (1 Viewer)

Felgarius

RedCents
250¢
New to this community ... been reading a few of the threads one more specifically to multi boxing. One particular comment was talking about paying on his main account and running other 5 accounts as free to play accts to keep down on how much money needing to spend. My question is i currently pay on three accounts if i wanted to switch up and only pay on 1 main account and run other 2 as f2p how do i go about doing that? Do i just stop payment on the 2 accts and they revert to free ... or do i have to start all over with new f2p accounts. My goal is eventually to run 1 paid account (my ranger) and 5 f2p box team. ty in advance for any help. Also what exactly would i be losing by goin to free ... just the bonus aa's ?

I would recommend that you get the toons you want on the free accounts up to lvl 105 and get awarded all the free AAs before you let them go free because those AA's are going to make your toons much more powerful.

Thats what i do. I krono my free to play accounts when i get enough krono to do the whole team at once (like right now). when they are kronoed i try to grind as much AA as i can before they revert back to f2p accounts again. The only problem is that my characters cant use prestige gear most of the time which severly gimps them, mostly due to not being able to use (almost) any augs.

There is a certain way to "stop" paying. Cause if you cancel your credit card or tell the bank to stop accepting charges from DPG then you will get banned.

You need to go into your account management on the EQ main site and "cancel". It does not look like a real button but just looks like text on the screen - just click it. If you cancel that way then your account will morph into a Silver or F2P on the next bill date.

And yes once you go back to unpaid you keep any and all AA you gained while paid. Oh, and hit AUTO GRANT while your still paid

You lose RK II - they will cast as RK I

You lose your J5 merc

You lose your $5 month. And no marketplace discount.

You can wear prestige but it won't give you all the good stats.

As you can see you need to figure which character is worth keeping paid and has the best merc etc. The others can still run back up mercs just won't be as strong.

Note: if you ever paid with a Krono on those accounts then there is a very high possibility of the accounts reverting to Silver instead of just F2P. This is good cause you get to keep General Chat and some other perks.

OK tyvm all for the answers ... my ranger is by far the best of all the toons i have and also has the most aa's for merc .

OK tyvm all for the answers ... my ranger is by far the best of all the toons i have and also has the most aa's for merc .
Mine is also a ranger main, using a J5 healer merc. The rest of the group varies.

Character AA are what are most important, get as many of those as you can before going Silver/F2P.

the mercs gain AA at the same rate no matter what type of account and they are always limited to 20.

What is the $50.00 tag out to side of MQgrind ? is that a one time charge ... or monthly ... do all of the mods charge a fee to use?

honestly ive been struggling with keeping just two account gold ( a third being RG) lifes hit me in a hard spot currently. so i made krono toons(that farm on live ) ( toons that farm items that i then sell) but they arent doing as well i as thought they would. so i for right now am chilling on test servers. the game is more enjoyable when my crew is able to do good amount of damage. you can play on both test and live at the same time if you want. ( just have two diffrent installs of eq) and everyone in your group can be "gold" so they can use prestige gear for free. if you have nothing on the server you play on ( ie. no regualar people wanting to hang with you or a dedicated raid org.) come to test. very active and kind community, very helpful as well.

IRL - Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back