• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Quest for Best DPS group (1 Viewer)

Chanticleer

yells at clouds
RedCents
15¢
With me having

1 paladin
1 warrior
3 zerkers
2 necro
2 bard
1 cleric
1 shaman
2 chanters

what build would you use for best dps , Paladin and 1 zerker are COV / TOL raid geared.

I mean, a lot of this that and the other checks.. DW or 2hd war (this is the other checks) 3 zerkers, bard, shm... not alot of synergy there... could do pal, 2 necro, 1 chanter, 1 shm dps spec.. bard for general support... fights would slog until 30 sec, then dots/covert to undead would kick in and end it at 36 sec? =-/

Depends on the goal really and what you like. You are missing some critical classes and synergies.

WAR,SHM,BRD,ZER x 3 is a good option I can see, as you are missing BST, MAG, ROG, RNG, etc. No offense, but you have really gimped yourself on synergies.

PAL,SHM,ENC,BER,NEC x 2 would work well enough too.

I would probably play PAL, SHM, BRD, ZER, ZER, ZER Shit is still going to die pretty quick. Cant see anything in this expansion stopping your group.

No wait..what I would really do....Add another 2 or 3 groups of toons and start doing raids

Are you talking about best dps for a normal group, or best dps for a raid group?

Big difference in how you'd set it up.

Honestly, nothing in the group game is challenging enough to need to squeeze out every extra bit of DPS. So, I dunno, just do whatever.

If, however, you're talking about putting together a raid group, it's a different story.

With the lineup you've listed here, I'd probably go with something like SHM/BST/BRD/BER/BER/BER for a raid group. Getting those alliance procs are nice for maximizing raid dps.

You could also go SHM/ENC/NEC/NEC/BST/ZERK. It's kind of weird setup without more casters, but necro dps is still stupid good on raids.

Well, since you have new toons to add to the mix: PAL,SHM,BRD,BST,BER,ROG is IMHO a super well rounded group and you could put SHM in for additional DPS since you have the PAL.

Question - Quest for Best DPS group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back