• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Purchases on account in different currency (1 Viewer)

midian99

RedCents
Perhaps this has been asked before but i can't find it.

Has anyone had experience in getting around making purchases (expansions and subs) on accounts in different currencies?

I am outside the USA and have purchased a couple of accounts in USD in my time, which hasn't been an issue before. It seems they have put some kind of restriction in the last couple of years, so coming back has been a bit of a pain to get all my accounts up to level, having to use Kronos for subs on those, and purchasing an expansion seems impossible?

Out side of requesting a currency change (has anyone done this successfully recently?) is there a way to get around this? How do they block it by location (will VPN work?) or by card location? (Can you buy a prepaid usa card online and use it?)

Appreciate any input,

need to petition and after a few questions they should fix it (did it about 2 years ago)
How they determine it is a mystery to me.

I would try it though a paypal first that still worked for xpacs last year not for station cash so there is some kind of weird logic going on.

Yeah so i bought it with paypal on the accounts i made fine, i have two USA accounts (out of 12 accounts) and when i click to buy it, it comes up with an error on the DPG site, so don't get to choose a payment method. Not sure if there is a way around this.

I was getting that error when I came back after many years and I sent them an email and they just reset my account to the currency I was looking for, maybe they looked at the address I had registered. It could have something to do with the registered country of the credit card/payment too, anyway they want your cash so I doubt there'll be a problem.

Your location has to match the billing address on your payment method.

You can change your address on the account with a petition - just tell them you've moved - they only ask for your secret question answer (done it a few times)

Question - Purchases on account in different currency

Users who are viewing this thread

Back