• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious (1 Viewer)

RedCents
378¢
OCTOBER 16, 2019 - PRODUCER'S LETTER: TORMENT OF VELIOUS
Happy days, Norrathians!

It's that time of year again! We've got a lot coming up, so let's get right to it.

EverQuest: Torment of Velious

eqtov.jpg

The team has been heads-down on the latest expansion for quite some time now and we're
heading into Beta next week! That means pre-orders will begin next Wednesday, Oct. 23, between 10 AM and 12 PM (Noon) PDT. If you pre-order, you will get access to Beta.
As the expansion name suggests, we're heading back into Velious though events there have significantly altered the landscape. After 20 years, the devs have brought you a new ice shader – for obvious reasons. What a difference it makes! More on the story and events of Velious as we continue.

Torment of Velious brings you a level increase from 110 to 115 with new spells and AAs, gear, and content with 6 new zones, and quests, raids and more. The team will share more info as we go through Beta and get through the final stages of finishing up this expansion which will launch in December. We'll firm up the final launch date as we get closer.
We have added a new expansion bundle option you'll see next week that is geared toward Family and Friends. In addition to getting all the items included with the Standard, Collector's, and Premium editions, it also includes:

TRADABLE Standard Torment of Velious Expansion
TRADABLE versions of the Collector's and Premium Edition mounts
TRADABLE heroic character boost
Gnomish Legendary Bundle which will grant you:
Clockwork rhino mount
Gnomework illusion
And your choice of all three of the following:
A full suit of gnomish appearance gear
A gnomish heritage teleporter
A gnomish heritage familiar
40-slot bag
2 shared 50% experience potions.

The bundle is set at a high price point but is a good deal as a package overall. We made it because we've been asked for this type of package for years and wanted to try it out for those players who have multiple accounts, play with families, guildmates who support friends, and others. It's an experiment and we're interested to see where you go with it as players.

eqtov1.jpg

Miragul Server: A New Type of Progression!

Looking to join a new community on a new type of server?

On November 5, in support of EverQuest II's 15th anniversary, we are going to be launching a new type of progression server, named Miragul, that will start at the House of Thule expansion that launched in 2010. What does that mean?

You start as a Level 85 Heroic Character with live server experience rates, and all the trappings of a server that starts with a level cap of 90 with in-game housing, loads of raids, over 800 AAs, and more.
The server requires a membership to play and that's it!

What Else?

Keep an eye out for other news in November. We've got EQ2's 15th Anniversary as well as other announcements around that time that will further define our commitment to EverQuest and EverQuest II! We're also toying with selling limited edition EQ and EQ2 anniversary shirts on the internets. More on that soon!

See you in Velious, friends!

Sincerely, as always,

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale

gonna guess standard range in the $119 and up if i read that right in having the expansion and another trade-able expac with it. Atleast.....

for those players who have multiple accounts,
With all the addons it probably will be cheaper to just buy the premium on all the accounts that this new package. which I dont do in any case boxed accounts get the standard version only.

Looks like only 1 if I go by the language

That's how I read it. Typically their bundles seem to be pretty bad value to me, although I'm rarely interested in ornaments, house items, etc. Tbh even the difference between standard, collector's and premium wouldn't be worth an extra $5 to me, it's normally just fluffy crap and yet another frickin mount to add to the gazillion I already have. And I rarely use them because mounts and MQ2Nav don't play nice!

I’m particularly curious how they’re going to handle the new server with heroic characters. Seems like an unlimited supply of heroic characters for the price of a server transfer....

Hahaha that’s an excellent point. If they go too crazy with it, it’s going to be hard to see. Also, are my old school toon models going to look really out of place in these new fancy zones?! I think so...

I’m particularly curious how they’re going to handle the new server with heroic characters. Seems like an unlimited supply of heroic characters for the price of a server transfer....
I have a feeling they won't allow transfers off due to it being a progression server. Could be a useful way to do copy's to test if it comes with some decent base goodies.

I have a feeling they won't allow transfers off due to it being a progression server. Could be a useful way to do copy's to test if it comes with some decent base goodies.

Progression servers generally allow transfers off, just not to. Though, this could always be the exception. Still, isn't a heroic character the same price as a transfer?

looking at the current pricing with $34.00, 89.99 and 139.99 and considering that you get one premium edition + standard edition I guess it will at least be 169.99.
But now we also have to factor in that they add all that other stuff (which is tradable premium stuff in parts) this could well raise the price to 250+ and now the additional stuff i say they will end up with $299.99 (if not $349.99 even)

looking at the current pricing with $34.00, 89.99 and 139.99 and considering that you get one premium edition + standard edition I guess it will at least be 169.99.
But now we also have to factor in that they add all that other stuff (which is tradable premium stuff in parts) this could well raise the price to 250+ and now the additional stuff i say they will end up with $299.99 (if not $349.99 even)

Exactly. That's why I think this is ridiculous.

It feels a bit like a cash grab (especially with the recent Lifetime subscription sales) prior to the company going under.

To be honest:
EQ players are still treated better than EQ2 players. They have to swipe their card for almost everything if they want to finish stuff within the lifespan of an expansion and not 3+ years after launch of the x-pac.

If they added packs like the following they would get me. No need to grant a big discount but a little bit would still be an incentive:
Standard Editions only:
1x $34.99
2x $68.99
3x $100.99
5x $160.99

Or make it so that you have to buy one collector's or premium before you can get a discount of 5% on any additional packs ... (make the collector's net you 3% and premium 5% on additional STANDARD editions)

so ... the numbers are out ...

Family & Friends
$249.99
Premium
$139.99
Collector's
$89.99
Standard
$34.99

wasn't that bad with the first guesstimate of about $250. But you get ...
Premium: 139.99
+ Standard: 34.99
+ fluff
= 174.98 + fluff = Family & Friends

So you are going to pay $75.01 for the fluff ... just wow ...
Lets be fair: there is the additional heroic for trade that would cost $35. So still $35 for the fluff.

so ... the numbers are out ...

Family & Friends
$249.99
Premium
$139.99
Collector's
$89.99
Standard
$34.99
wasn't that bad with the first guesstimate of about $250. But you get ...

Premium: 139.99
+ Standard: 34.99
+ fluff
= 174.98 + fluff = Family & Friends

So you are going to pay $75.01 for the fluff ... just wow ...
Lets be fair: there is the additional heroic for trade that would cost $35. So still $35 for the fluff.

Your assumption is the stuff you get with the premium subscription AREN'T just fluff, too.

I dont understand the benifit of "Family & Friends" package? It is still only ONE copy of the actual expansion correct? Am I missing something here? How does it benifit family and friends exactly?

i was considering to mention that but didn't want to make them appear SO greedy :)

lol... not sure they'd give you the same benefit of the doubt.... the Devs (Ngreth, in particular) have been downright fuckin SALTY on the vet forums recently.

I dont understand the benifit of "Family & Friends" package? It is still only ONE copy of the actual expansion correct? Am I missing something here? How does it benifit family and friends exactly?

It's two copies.... the person who buys it gets the expansion.... AND the person who buys it gets ONE additional tradable expansion.

working for a company that just laid off another round of people (mostly ps2 though) and being on a team just trying to generate big sales on a new expansion ... yes - i think that would make me salty, too. (considering that my head would be on the chop block next if sales aren't pulling it)

Its how it used to be in a way, when you could buy the expansion key. Its old school. I used to buy keys back in the day and sell them in game. Before game cards. I was surprised they ever did away with them tbh. That was a bad business move. Funny how they are getting it this far in the future lol!

I've looked at this a few times, and I still can't understand it. In what way is $35 (expansion) + $35 (a heroic character) + 2 mounts worth $120?

I wish I was smarter :(

I've looked at this a few times, and I still can't understand it. In what way is $35 (expansion) + $35 (a heroic character) + 2 mounts worth $120?
I wish I was smarter :(
Ah well you missed the 2xXP potions/Gnome crates/Mounts and other junk.

EQforum Benito did a breakdown on and nailed the price before it was know. It is basically $42 cheaper than buying all the items separate.
The grand total (setting $10 for xp potions) - without incorporating the value of duplicate tradable CE/PE mounts - is:
$291.98

The standard expansion from the F&F version will only be available on release day

Last edited:
The rumors of living ice, and the return of giants once thought to have been defeated reach your ears! Torment of Velious launches on December 18, 2019

That is terrible fucking timing for me. Two days later I’ll be in my car driving 16+ hours away for the Christmas holiday ... being gone for over a week while people who don’t travel get to hightail it to lvl 115. Also, since I'm already taking a week off, I can’t exactly be like “also, I’m taking off the two days BEFORE I take off for the next week. Fucking assholes. OF COURSE their shitty development cycle would mean they’d have to release later than normal.

News - Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back