• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Practice Discretion on Progression Servers (1 Viewer)

Jmo

Ex-Admin Dust Bunny
RedCents
1,087¢
Ok guys, I feel like Daddy Jmo when I say this, and wish I didn't have to, but here goes:

I've seen no less than 10 Bot Armies chasing mobs around the map and causing massive trains. If you're going to Bot, for the love of all that is holy, use discretion. Two of these Bot Trains were in Blackburrow on Lockjaw. I mean, 6 characters sticking to the back of a mob while it runs away in perfect unison. You can't be more obvious than that. One of those caused a gigantic train that took out three groups and pissed off a lot of people.

Everyone, please be smart about your use of MQ. We don't want to bring more unwanted attention to the communities here.

I am honestly disappointed that you had to bring this up Jmo. The fact that you witnessed it shows that there are truly some...dumb (for the lack of a better word) people in the MQ2 community. It's those kind of people who draw negative attention to the rest of us...

oh I only wish it could be disabled, that would just be sweet...... I agree people are abusing it and it will only end in a horrible bunch of bans and who gets the blame? RG if course,,,,,

Yeah I'm seeing this also. even in noob zones, 6 level ones (usually 5 mage and a dru) all in a pack hunting mobs. Very obvious. with one guy hanging around looting.

I have never understood the need for isboxer with mq2 either, although I would like to know if it helps and I would certainly try it.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see why these armies of botters are running now, I thought it was vanity or whatever to get to max the 1st, no its about pure greed, I see people selling absolute crap items for huge money now. Yeah I realize on TLP servers it is not crap but on a regular server it is not even vendor trash. But people are getting the drops from high end TLP mobs and wanting to cash in, so armies of bots are racing for a payday in real cash. I cant blame them, I mean if you could make 5 mages and druid today and get paid hundreds of dollars in a couple days.....

well consider this we are partly to blame as well , kissassist is a very good program and when it is usable it rocks, folks are frankenstiening it and having problems and this is also not good cause a bad boxer just makes everyone even worse looking. but yeah if you cant control mobs hunt someplace you can fir shits sakes .

I logged into Ragefire Saturday with a gnome in Steamfont just to see how busy it actually was. I saw 2 separate groups with a Main and 5 mages following them running around and like 80 people in the zone. I logged out and deleted my toon.

more then anything the mage thing needs to be quelled however it wouldn't be fair now since so many level 50 mages if they nerfed it now they would need to delete those crews to make it fair.

I currently sometimes bot with one char, while sitting at the keyboard to take over control ( i am just to lazy to run from one mob to the next, melee it to dead and then move on - playing an melee). Currently i would not bot afk, to many players on an witchhunt.

Mage DS > druid DS and they don't stack. The druid is mostly for ports in that situation, heals are mostly irrelevant when you can just chain pets (if they even die with 5 mages...). I'd honestly take a wiz over the dru unless they are planning to PL their real characters with the dru later on (which is what I suspect the case is).

makes sense, well there wouldnt be other reason to rush a druid, sorry for mistopic, back to the topic, discretion on guy!

Ok. Bumping this because it needs to be read for those that haven't. I'm hoping none of the problem people are from RedGuides. I believe we have a higher-class of membership than this. But even in my mid-30s, I'm still witnessing asshattery from the 1 Druid/5 Mage groups. LGuk tonight (and this isn't the first time I've seen these groups in here), no one in the EE Room, PH is up. I start pulling it for our group. After about 2 PHs, the 'bot group' shows up and just sits there. I send a tell to all 6 of them saying that the room is camped. They don't respond. I continue to pull mobs and PHs back to our group in the hallway. EE spawns. They still don't move. I go in to pull it, druid looks at me and face pulls him and they nuke it into oblivion, loot and then AFK again. Everyone in our group was commenting and bitching about the bot armies, and this is not nearly an isolated incident, just an example. If you want to bot, fine, but don't be a douchebag and bring negative attention on the whole community. Also, I'm pretty sure this particular group warped in, so I'm almost positive it's not a member from here. They never went past us, and as puller I was glued to the map. They were just, there. It could have been Pickzone, but not sure.

Also, I'm pretty sure this particular group warped in, so I'm almost positive it's not a member from here. They never went past us, and as puller I was glued to the map. They were just, there. It could have been Pickzone, but not sure.

And i am pretty sure you are wrong and they just /picked from an different instance. I am also positive, that most people dont use mq, and just isboxer. But can i be sure? No i cant.

A thing to remember, the people who are using mq2 are not just from here. Its safe to say that a lot of the morons running around are from a different site/community and I wont mention their name. So we can lecture and post until we are blue in the face but its not going to reach most of the bads out there.

If you are one of the many who are boxing and using Kiss. . .Effin use a snare class in your group. Necros are just about as powerful as mages on TLP but have a snare utility.

A thing to remember, the people who are using mq2 are not just from here. Its safe to say that a lot of the morons running around are from a different site/community and I wont mention their name. So we can lecture and post until we are blue in the face but its not going to reach most of the bads out there.

If you are one of the many who are boxing and using Kiss. . .Effin use a snare class in your group. Necros are just about as powerful as mages on TLP but have a snare utility.

I agree. It's just one of those PSAs. I'm pretty sure they're mostly from other said community, but some of them browse here as well.

People picking into your camp and starting to kill mobs are easily dealt with but you need a chanter, they came into my arch mage camp in lguk and as soon as the ph popped and they started nuking I calmly charmed him and walked him over to my group since the repop is 28 mins they /picked and never came back I mean they must have figured there is no point in it if they have to sit there 28 mins and then no Exp and no loot...

Also there are some data on the tinyurl.com/ragefirespells on how many mages and other chars exist on the ragefire and lockjaw servers and even though it sounds cool to say there are lots of "mage armies" running amok on the server, and I do respect the opinions of you guys that have seen them, I just don't think it's as prevalent as everyone wants us to believe.

Do people box a druid and 5 mages? Yes for sure I seen it ONE time myself, however it's kinda rare...

The only people doing it are people getting mages leveled for raids, or for selling...

In the group game it's utterly useless at higher levels cause eventually you are gonna need a Rez (cleric) eventually you are gonna need to crowd control or slow... (Chanter)

I ventured into SRO today, Finally graduated from the swamp. First Orc Camp i came across i sat my Sham down and Put the SKs pet on guard and went to pull. Killed about 3 orcs when a few hundred feet away a 4 mage + druid group logged in. Didn't speak in say, or OOC, just immediately fired up the bots and started fire-balling everything in sight. Blew thru their bandits and then over took my camp, again not a single word. I just shook my head put my Shaman on Stick and moved to the other side of the zone.

I cant really bitch because im there using Kiss on Rage, but im using it on my Shaman just to heal and buff. I play the SK 100% and don't afk at all. Hell, i moved on over to Orc Camps in West Common and invited 4 other people to the group for several hours, with my lil sham just a healing his butt off. Isn't that what this was designed for lol!

Unfortunately, I doubt we are anywhere near the end on this one. I am sure we will see some mage heavy raid guilds pet killing mobs. We may also witness the sk heavy guilds HT killing some of the raid mobs. For example, 63 level 50 SKs can down lord nagafen by all hitting HT similtaneously.

It truly has become the wild wild west!

We really don't know which community is causing the issues and saying its the other one is just pointing fingers without having any kind of proof of it. We all know each community has members who dont view the boards and just do what they want. Active hacks or not you can still get banned or suspended but a simple petition and a GM watching you.

If you didn't think these 2 servers would be flooded with boxer all over the place you are just putting blinders on and looking the other way. We all knew it would happen as the community of MQ has been known and getting more popular the last 5 years. The longer people play and see the need to fill in their time with creating another account for 1 more box to add to their collection. They start adding up and this is what you get, people who box more toons because macros/plugins are widely available for all classes in the simple way. Back then, you had to teach yourself how to write macros and code some of these things to make it easier by adding another box. KISS Assist....MQ2Bot...MQ2Melee... these are some of the things that have made it so much easier for anyone to add 1 more box to their belt, so please don't give me the "This Community is Innocent" BS.

We have all seen the recent news of them dealing with boxers and even tossing up the idea of 1 account per computer idea. Which will be very interesting to see if someone comes up with a fix for that but if not, some people will still box the old ways with multiple computers and still be able to do the same thing if they have the hardware. We shall see.

We all knew mages were powerful for this expansion so it was not a shocker as certain expansions and key classes were they are too powerful. Soon enough we will have Monks who are too overpowered, or wizards with mana burn crews running around, or rangers with headshot. This has been nothing new as we have all experienced this stuff from the past. Bring back old content you will get every person who knows the insides of it and run the server. Old quest that never got fixed for exploiting... it will be done again.

If they truly wanted the progression experience, they would of fixed the use of MQ2 itself being used for that server and a good chance none of these issues would be happening. Why haven't they done this?? good question. I think I even read some place that they daybreak made more money on progression server then with live for the entire year of profits because of Kronos being used to trade for gear and subscriptions they have for the servers

Anyways the point of it is that when the admins/devs of the site release mq2 content, they will have to accept responsibility/blame for it also.

The most recent bans were aimed at the jerk-offs in both of my guilds(TL and Apok) that were /targetting the raid targets with the Permanent:Shadows buff and pulling them. Without MQ2, you can't target them. I know some of you guys are in the same guilds I am in but I really hope you get your accounts banned.

I wouldn't mind TL if they played a little more nice. I'm happy with anyone in TL getting banned. Especially their bards.

Just minding your own business then all of a sudden 3 or 4 TL bards come into your group, charm your shit, and petwarp it away. Pretty sweet.

I wouldn't mind TL if they played a little more nice. I'm happy with anyone in TL getting banned. Especially their bards.

Just minding your own business then all of a sudden 3 or 4 TL bards come into your group, charm your shit, and petwarp it away. Pretty sweet.

I appreciate the like until you turned this into a guild bash. Learn to accept that all guilds do this shit, not just ones you don't like.

Discussion - Practice Discretion on Progression Servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back