• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Potion Maker - Lookup potions and auto craft

Lua - Potion Maker - Lookup potions and auto craft (1 Viewer) 1.2

RedCents
4,643¢
Pronouns
He/Him
MrInfernal submitted a new resource:

Potion Maker - Lookup potions and then auto craft! Will buy materials and combine desired quantity! - Alchemy potion lookup and auto craft Lua

Lookup potions by type and effect. Will return the name, the required materials, if everything can be purchased from the vendor, and the trivial level. You can then select a quantity and then click "Make" to have the Lua automatically purchase the materials, open your potion bag, and begin combining.

I searched for other Alchemy LUAs and they all seem focused on leveling to either max skills or trophies. I wanted one that simplified crafting a few potions and not having to look up potion...

Read more about this resource...

MrInfernal updated Potion Maker - Lookup potions and then auto craft! Will buy materials and combine desired quantity! with a new update entry:

More recipes through trivial 250

Added recipes through trivial 250, though this still does not include the TLP or thrown suspensions.

I also added a checkbox to only display potions that have only storebought materials, and you can even display all levels of a selected effect.

View attachment 55285

Read the rest of this update entry...

Of course. I'm pleased that you find it helpful, Redfrog. This really motivates me to keep going, so thank you.
No Prob, love to see new luas. Plus I can't wait to see your menu setup, your options sound very cool. I am currently frustrated/gleeful and experiencing "The most wonderful Day of the year", my kids going back to school tomorrow means....EQ time for Dad !! and the next day is my birthday.. I'm like on Hog Heaven.

I'm excited about this one. I have sixteen Shamans that could take advantage of this. I'll probably want to get the Alchemist Trophy on them first.

Is it too late to shorten the title of this resource? It's pushing everything to the right on the RG Launcher window. - feng shui 🫣

I'm excited about this one. I have sixteen Shamans that could take advantage of this. I'll probably want to get the Alchemist Trophy on them first.

Is it too late to shorten the title of this resource? It's pushing everything to the right on the RG Launcher window. - feng shui 🫣
I didn’t consider that part. I’ve shortened the title and hope that helps with the feng shui (风水) :)

MrInfernal updated Potion Maker - Lookup potions and auto craft with a new update entry:

Up to trivial 400

Recipes through trivial 400 added. Let me know if you'd like me to go all the way up to 575, or to add the TLP/Thrown Suspensions.

Other than that, I have also added an asterisk (*) to the recipes that are not vendor purchasable. This lets you see which items from the recipe need to be farmed and allows the program to skip trying to buy it.

In case it happens to anyone else: If you are clicking "Go to Vendor" and it just says "Waiting for connections to be loaded", unload and reload easyfind and the plugin will work as described. I had an issue with the vendor portion of the plugin not working and that fixed both issues.

Thank you for posting that, ChaosCummings. I’ll see if I can add an event that will trigger an easyfind reload if it sees the “Waiting for connections to be loaded” message

MrInfernal updated Potion Maker - Lookup potions and auto craft with a new update entry:

Crafts without using tradeskill window

To get around not knowing the recipe, PotionMaker will now open your medicine bag in Experimentation mode to add the ingredients and combine them. This should also learn the recipe if you didn't already know it. Still some bugs on my To Do list, such as updating Alchemy skill when it increases and checking if the medicine bag is already open.

Make sure your potion bag is closed before clicking Make Potion!
If the bag is open already, then it will close and items will not add

Keep in...

Added Enriched Mana Elixir and Evocation Focus Draught

Added the requested Enriched Mana Elixir and Evocation Focus Draught potions.

Mana Elixir is under "Reduce Mana -> Beneficial Spells"
Evocation Focus is under "Direct Damage when Casting -> Any Spells"

Setting Level to "I" will make them easier to find.

These potions use ingredients not available from Alchemist Redsa in PoK, and so I separated the potion making function into "Buy Mats" and "Make Potion". This way, you just need to have the ingredients in your inventory, select the...

when crafting and needing multiple of same herb it just moves the first 1 added to the 2nd slot and cant combine due to missing 2nd one not being added. Am I using it wrong?

when crafting and needing multiple of same herb it just moves the first 1 added to the 2nd slot and cant combine due to missing 2nd one not being added. Am I using it wrong?
It should iterate through and place them into separate slots. Which potion is this? I’ll see if I can replicate it

I've also cleaned up how the Lua searches for and uses the medicine bag, which means I can track when the bag is open. As such, you do not need to close the bag between combine batches!

Complete overhaul to use coroutines!

Many, many thanks for @Kuhle and their Scriber Lua. From studying how that was put together, I've learned about coroutines and better ways to control the flow of the program. Because of this, there is better tracking of potion success. I've also improved the buying function, so it will only buy ingredients that you don't have in your inventory.

Hey tried using this to level up my shaman (who has 0 potion making, great way to level him up). I noticed the recipe reported in the Lua for Effusion of Eci IV has an incorrect component listed.
The correct ingredient is a measure of Benzoin, this Lua buys a "pinch of Benzoin". Resulting in a combination that doesn't work.

Is there anyway this could be fixed?

Thank you this looks really cool!

Im having an issue when using this and trying to craft multiples of a potion. Tried with Skinspikes 1 and SOW 1 so far. It makes the first one just fine and after putting the potion to the inventory it starts adding the mats to the medicine bag again, but always adds the full stack for the first mat added.

Also on fails where mats are salvaged and left in the medicine bag, the script just stops.

additionally getting this error quite often.

1714149016539.png

Any solution for this?

Great script the ability to purchase the mats is spot-on just having issues creating sets of potions. My skill is negligible just starting to skill up on level 1 regen and heal over time.

1714257074948.png

Lua - Potion Maker - Lookup potions and auto craft

Users who are viewing this thread

Back