• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Post your IRL Setup (1 Viewer)

This was right after I got the Samsung CHG90 49inch Super Ultra Wide a few years ago. I can assure you it isn't this clean anymore =-D
View attachment 24372View attachment 24373

how do you like it? I have a 34 currently and have been debating on a larger one but didn't know if it would be overkill. I prefer big screens over multi monitors. that screen looks like i could center driver and tile others on either side nicely.

I wasn’t sure where else to ask a question like this but this is closest area I have found, I run 3 MSI Optix G27c4 monitors anyone know how I could have them mounted? Like exactly what I would need to mount them for a cleaner look and give me some actual desk space lol any fees back would be appreciated I have never used monitor mounts before of any kind

lol my shit sits on-top of a card table bought from Home Depot. lol I'll see if I can snap a SS here soon... I don't think I have ever put the side panel on my case... lol

lol my shit sits on-top of a card table bought from Home Depot. lol I'll see if I can snap a SS here soon... I don't think I have ever put the side panel on my case... lol
My desk I had broke and took out one of my 3 monitors so now I only have two I had to get a Walmart foldout for it just to have a spot for it till I get a new desk. Don’t mind the sidearm I live in the ghetto lol. If I can find help on choosing the right mounts for the 3 monitors it will kind of be a factor in the desk I end up getting.910D25F4-5AC1-4D4E-93BB-6B50067D7B01.jpeg

My desk I had broke and took out one of my 3 monitors so now I only have two I had to get a Walmart foldout for it just to have a spot for it till I get a new desk. Don’t mind the sidearm I live in the ghetto lol. If I can find help on choosing the right mounts for the 3 monitors it will kind of be a factor in the desk I end up getting.View attachment 25160
How did you get EQ into a bunch of little windows like that?

How did you get EQ into a bunch of little windows like that?
I use isboxer that way I can see everything going on and clicking on the small windows pops it up on main screen. They have different configs pending on single or multiple monitors etc. I have come to like it a lot and use it with mq stuff

b24de63b-d29f-404f-b7a5-da39d5b95118-profile_banner-480.jpg

And if you have more than 1 computer as me, you can use a programme for share mouse and keyboard with all computers (Micro$oft garage mouse).
The mouse jump from computer to computers just by sliding mouse to the 2nd computer screen.
I use [WinSplit Revolution] for "cut" the screen in 2, 4, 6 or 9 for play. You need to launch each account from a different folder to set different position.

385E413C-9F1E-4C06-8B31-060866AFDEAF.jpeg
It is not much but it works. Just a dell gaming laptop I got a few years back. I told my wife I needed a good laptop for my freelance web design company I started up lol.

I don’t use the laptop screen for anything really but I did 3D print a stand so it looks cool. I run 5 toons soon to be 6 using a mix of CWTN plugins, kiss and rgmercs so I can get by alt tabbing.

I just got the ok to build a new PC as a project with my son so I will probably move the laptop to my 3D printing shop and and rearrange for the desktop here.

View attachment 27312
It is not much but it works. Just a dell gaming laptop I got a few years back. I told my wife I needed a good laptop for my freelance web design company I started up lol.

I don’t use the laptop screen for anything really but I did 3D print a stand so it looks cool. I run 5 toons soon to be 6 using a mix of CWTN plugins, kiss and rgmercs so I can get by alt tabbing.

I just got the ok to build a new PC as a project with my son so I will probably move the laptop to my 3D printing shop and and rearrange for the desktop here.
nice dude very clean - is that a rock under your monitor? and is that a clicky fidget thing?

nice dude very clean - is that a rock under your monitor? and is that a clicky fidget thing?
So the rock was a last minute Father’s Day gift from my son who panicked and wrote “#1 Dad” on a rock. The fidget cube is just my stimming toy. I have Asperger’s/autism and it’s my stim thing and helps distract me from constantly thinking.
The desk was a gift from my wife. I had a smaller desk with tons of storage and drawers but due to the previously mentioned autism, I’m a collector/hoarder so a clean no storage desk is great to help me stay organized.

Samsung 49" ultrawide, Steelseries apex pro, qck prism cloth, rival 600 mouse and the arctis pro + gamedac along with a MSI Aegis RS 10TH-061US which has a I7 10700k and a RTX 3090 *i just got that 3 days ago* LOL

Attachments

• 136762616_256477612781357_1440613110053180769_n.mp4
    1.9 MB
I only just found this thread because of recent posts. I was away for a year and a half so missed all this.

Its awesome seeing all your guys setups! Some seriously crazy stuff too! Multi-pc multi monitor, i'm jealous!!

This is my current setup, I went through the old Ikea desks, and they kept falling apart after a couple years, and finally got tired of it and decided i was going to build my own.. First iteration was going to be wood, but then I had this brainwave... I wanted to do something different.. and loved the idea of a clear desk.. I made this about 2-3 years ago out of a 1" thick slab of acrylic.. i had to special order it from a plastics store, took a few weeks and was delivered.. it weighed a TON, big 5' x 6' slab.. I took it to a local forge that has a water jet that cuts at like 2000psi.. i made a real basic CAD drawing for them to use for dimensions, arc etc... It had to be water jet cut because its plastic, couldnt get hot or would melt the edges and craze it..

Once i had it cut and got it back home, i set it up in my garage and routered the edges nice n round.. then sanded it a ton.. started 100 grit, 200 dry, then went 600, 1000, 2000 wet, then used a buffing wheel with a wax applicant to do the final polishing of the edges.. made the legs out of 2" steel tubing that i also polished with just dry 600 grit to give the brushed steel look..

I work with wood a lot but never did a project with acrylic before, and I was very pleased with how it turned out..

This pic is when it was freshly done, pc set up and ready to go.. its now a mess of clutter and everything!

So its just my main box on the floor in a high air flow case, and 2 x 27" asus monitors.. the ol work laptop on the left gettin NO LOVE!

20170714_175108.jpg

My desk I had broke and took out one of my 3 monitors so now I only have two I had to get a Walmart foldout for it just to have a spot for it till I get a new desk. Don’t mind the sidearm I live in the ghetto lol. If I can find help on choosing the right mounts for the 3 monitors it will kind of be a factor in the desk I end up getting.View attachment 25160

Oh man I’ve been using ISB for years + now VV and I knew it could organize the screens that way well and a half dozen other ways but I had no idea you could click on one and end up with it moving that instantly to main window....

Ugh such a good excuse to buy a new 36 or 40inch monitor.

No old Time Gamers anymore? Where's all the PC's with the Box fans cooling them, I saw a few that came close to the old school setups... im getting twitchy seeing some of these setups... and reminders of setting new bugets and seeing I was spending $1200 a month playing Evercrack. I stick to portable and OTM equipment now.. playing on an MSI Gaming Laptop and enjoying seeing green in my wallet instead of lint. I must of raised 2 of my kids right (both Sic's age and been playing since they were 8/10 yr old) The one just built his first PC and complete setup like all your posting now...

BTW anyone needing components I do have 2 or 3 20 gallon totes filled with old stripped PC parts from 2000-2010... Wife made me pack them, 30 PC boxes and box monitors lining the walls didn't go well with her. :shrug: :dance::dance::dance::shrug:

No old Time Gamers anymore? Where's all the PC's with the Box fans cooling them, I saw a few that came close to the old school setups... im getting twitchy seeing some of these setups... and reminders of setting new bugets and seeing I was spending $1200 a month playing Evercrack. I stick to portable and OTM equipment now.. playing on an MSI Gaming Laptop and enjoying seeing green in my wallet instead of lint. I must of raised 2 of my kids right (both Sic's age and been playing since they were 8/10 yr old) The one just built his first PC and complete setup like all your posting now...

BTW anyone needing components I do have 2 or 3 20 gallon totes filled with old stripped PC parts from 2000-2010... Wife made me pack them, 30 PC boxes and box monitors lining the walls didn't go well with her. :shrug: :dance::dance::dance::shrug:
No boxfans but most of my shit is hodgepodge out of computer graveyards(I used to own a computer shop a d I would pick stuff out of the recycling bin people brought in, plus the upgrades and tradeins and my own dead machines etc)
I have 1 awesome machine u built almost 5 yrs ago now but runs like new and still well up to snuff, rest are at least a decade old mix n match. I am building another but it's not for me and I keep procrastinating finishing it lol. My setup is a mess though, so not posting lol. I have old pics of at least 2 previous setups though and they all look the same, all with 2 towers in common too lol. 4 elevated screens, specific sizes and ratios I'm used to for particular toons(I won't change my druid to a widescreen for example lol) 4 towers under the desk 4 keyboards in an arc, 4 mice. Old setups had overflowing ashtrays, more monitors and a few laptops, and sometimes an underdesk fridge.

Lot of people with bigger monitors here. I’m due for a replacement on a monitor and been thinking about 34 inch or maybe even 44/49.

I’m struggling with this when it comes to EQ though because it’s not setup for bigger res/views. I do have ISB so I could look at various tile/instance setups. But curious if anybody has any pictures of their setup on a bigger monitor? Does it work well?

lol yep the ol rubbermaids hold a LOT of old computer parts! I've got to go through mine and chuck some stuff, I've still got old SIMMs in there! You never know when you might need some obscure old part though!

C0260A9C-345C-4CDF-85B5-1A52DE9F3162.jpeg

Well said it earlier all posts here had me thinking about new monitors - so picked up a 34wide for the main pc. Second pc is an old 24 that I’m also considering replacing with a 34inch monitor.

Debating replacing the pc though as an an alternative (i5 7500 3.4 with 32gig of ram and a 1050 TI. But really do like the new monitor, so much more room for windows can actually see the damn game.

lol yep the ol rubbermaids hold a LOT of old computer parts! I've got to go through mine and chuck some stuff, I've still got old SIMMs in there! You never know when you might need some obscure old part though!
I threw out a few old cables that had been collecting dust in a box for years. About a week later i needed them... so im never throwing away anything computer related again!

Higher end i7 with 32gb ddr4 and gtx 1080ftw in main pc and a i7 intel nuc with 32gb ddr4 ram with a 4gb radeon card on the left monitor. 27in ASUS monitor center with 2x samsung 24in on the sides. Old thread but I nerd out on every setup that's been posted.2222.jpg steelseries keyboard, razer basalisk mouse and inputdirector to control everything without a kvm. Vivo height adjustable desktop/legs with some $100 racer type chair from wayfair (dont judge).

Last edited:
Higher end i7 with 32gb ddr4 and gtx 1080ftw in main pc and a i7 intel nuc with 32gb ddr4 ram with a 4gb radeon card on the left monitor. 27in ASUS monitor center with 2x samsung 24in on the sides. Old thread but I nerd out on every setup that's been posted.View attachment 28085 steelseries keyboard, razer basalisk mouse and inputdirector to control everything without a kvm. Vivo height adjustable desktop/legs with some $100 racer type chair from wayfair (dont judge).

Tell me about it. Seeing this thread bit me with the upgrade bug. I just bought another 32 inch monitor and a new pc build (2080 RTX Super) With a Ryzen 7 3rd Gen. I seem to get the bug to upgrade and when I do I uusually end up doing everything but I’ll be set for awhile now.

CONTENTS:
Gaming PC I built a while back - getting old.
Samsung 40" monitor.
Aeron chair.
Height adjustable desk with glass top.
2 laptops: Old Toshiba POS and a new HP gaming one.
Random and not socially distanced junk pile.
Tile that needs replacing later this year.
Windows that have a few years let in them - Salt spray from ocean eats EVERYTHING.
2 Boards for ocean fun.
Random box of pc and other junk because reasons.
Unplugged UPS system less than 6 months old already killed by our wonderful power company here.
Samsung tablet.
Palm tree.
Caribbean Ocean.
*No speakers because I like to listen to the ocean.

PC.jpg

CONTENTS:
Samsung 40" monitor.
Aeron chair.
Windows that have a few years let in them - Salt spray from ocean eats EVERYTHING.
2 Boards for ocean fun.
Unplugged UPS system less than 6 months old already killed by our wonderful power company here.
Samsung tablet.
Palm tree.
Caribbean Ocean.

View attachment 28086

yeah who needs computer with that!!! THIS is what i woke up to this morning!!!
20210208_060208_resized.jpg

CONTENTS:
Samsung 40" monitor.
Aeron chair.
2 Boards for ocean fun.
Samsung tablet.
Palm tree.
Caribbean Ocean.

View attachment 28086
You need to add some sexy bikini passerby’s and you’ll be in heaven.

I have just returned to the game after about 15 years away from live content, and found this post as I was trying to make sense of the plethora of information found on these forums... (Awesome community, awesome tools, and a whole new world of EQ!)

So as I consider myself a "computer enthusiast" and love to build PC's with watercooling and especially in non-standard cases, i present my latest build below I built last year right before the virus started.

Specs:
Case: Lian_Li_DK-04X
CPU: Intel i9-10980XE
MB: Asus Prime x99 Edition 30
RAM: 64GB (GSKILL Trident-Z RGB 4x16GB KIT 3600Mhz)
Monitor: Samsung C49RG9xSS
VGA: Asus Dual-RTX2080S-O8G-EVO
PSU: Corsair HX1200i
Sound Card (yeah i know... but i like it): SoundBlaster AE-9
SSD: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
And 7*3TB Toshiba HDD

4.jpg
Clean when it was finished:
1.jpg
And for a bit of inside look: Custom hardline watercooling using EKWB parts for CPU and GPU blocks.
2.jpg
And a better view of the guts:
3.jpg

I built another comp for my wife with a slightly different spec and I can post that too if anyone is interested (we play together from time to time, but not EQ sadly...). I also have a "progress" slideshow of pictures, showing how i built these comps that I can share :)

Cheers

I have just returned to the game after about 15 years away from live content, and found this post as I was trying to make sense of the plethora of information found on these forums... (Awesome community, awesome tools, and a whole new world of EQ!)

So as I consider myself a "computer enthusiast" and love to build PC's with watercooling and especially in non-standard cases, i present my latest build below I built last year right before the virus started.

Specs:
Case: Lian_Li_DK-04X
CPU: Intel i9-10980XE
MB: Asus Prime x99 Edition 30
RAM: 64GB (GSKILL Trident-Z RGB 4x16GB KIT 3600Mhz)
Monitor: Samsung C49RG9xSS
VGA: Asus Dual-RTX2080S-O8G-EVO
PSU: Corsair HX1200i
Sound Card (yeah i know... but i like it): SoundBlaster AE-9
SSD: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
And 7*3TB Toshiba HDD

Cheers

Love this setup. that Samsung is so nice. I considered it big time but I’m not ready to give up to keyboards/pcs as I like tomanually control my dps outside of positioning - and the 49 would take up the whole desk I feel like. I blame this thread and setups like yours for making me spend money.

I ended up buying a new pc and a 32 inch monitor to go alongside the existing 34. Probably should have matched them more but I like the more square setup for the second pc. Only downside is I decided to go prebuilt since graphics card are truly impossible t find and I don’t see that changing this year at all. Picked up a decent deal on an Alienware with an RT2080 Super, 32 gig ram, 1tb SSD and Ryzen 7 3800x.

New office chair arrived as wel and I have to say I really like the new omega after a day of sitting in it for work.

8CBB9EEA-FE95-4E70-A1D4-3A7114B3760F.jpeg

Discussion - Post your IRL Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back