• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Possibly coming back, Minimal lap top for 2-3 box? (1 Viewer)

JackDaniels

RedCents
306¢
So i have been entertaining coming back and hitting up a 2-3 box on a TLP. I dont even own a personal computer anymore. Would this cheap Laptop run 2-3 accounts? i never used one previously always had a desktop

1627658081355.png

So i have been entertaining coming back and hitting up a 2-3 box on a TLP. I dont even own a personal computer anymore. Would this cheap Laptop run 2-3 accounts? i never used one previously always had a desktop

View attachment 31931
keep in mind, TLPs that are true-box require multiple PCs.
Rizlona is a non-truebox TLP and you would not be required to have multiple PCs

no i need to pick one up, The girlfriend wants to go hit up Nebraska Furniture mart tommorow to use her 0% for 24month card, i thought if i could find one cheap for a couple hundred bucks i might pick one up. But i know nothing about laptops and havent even read up on a desktop spec in 5 years.

the one above is 379, but has 1TB below is a pic of the next 3, after that they jump to a price point i just dont want to go too.

1627658605902.png

Any of those 3 laptops would run 3 EQ sessions, but poorly. And you've have to tweak your graphics down to minimums. To me their worst feature is that they are all based on dual core CPUs with hyperthreading. But then they also only have 8GB of RAM of which only about 6GB will be available to Windows and applications! The other 2GB will be dedicated to the onboard GPUs.

I think you'd be a lot happier long term if you can find a quad core CPU with 16GB of RAM.

Is something your suggesting even possible if i want to stay at 500-600 max?

this is recertified so not brand new but still a reputable company

This would be at the top of my preferred budget, Is this worth the few bucks more then the Elitebook?

This would be at the top of my preferred budget, Is this worth the few bucks more then the Elitebook?

oh hell yes!

and into the rabbit hole we go. 👁🐰

happy shopping :dance:

Thanks for the help, it should be here in a week or so, now to try and find my old acct info lol

Most folks have to create a new free account in EQ and then file a petition to get the right info for the old account. A lot of character names and/or account names are off by a letter or whatever

Automated Account Recovery

You can use the automated system to recover your account if you have:

• Access to the email address on the account
  • The answer to your secret question
If you do have these, follow the steps on this help page under "Recover My Account."

Manual Account Recovery

If you do not have access to your email and secret answer, you will need to contact our support team for assistance. Before you do, locate as much of this information as you can:

• Daybreak username*
  • Email address on account*
  • Answer to secret question
  • name on credit card
  • last 4 of credit card
*You will need to provide either the Daybreak username or email address used on the account in order for customer service to locate your account.

Once you have this information assembled and to open a ticket, follow the steps on this help page under "That Didn't Work."

Please note: you may need to open a new Daybreak account for the purposes of opening a ticket, and additional info may still be required.

Any of those 3 laptops would run 3 EQ sessions, but poorly. And you've have to tweak your graphics down to minimums. To me their worst feature is that they are all based on dual core CPUs with hyperthreading. But then they also only have 8GB of RAM of which only about 6GB will be available to Windows and applications! The other 2GB will be dedicated to the onboard GPUs.

I think you'd be a lot happier long term if you can find a quad core CPU with 16GB of RAM.
Check out Lenovo page, their Legion laptops are on sale for a few hundred bucks. Nice gaming rigs

Question - Possibly coming back, Minimal lap top for 2-3 box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back