• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Plane of War - Defending the Castle (1 Viewer)

RedCents
532¢
OK, so decided to finish up PoP Slayer achievement. To get to the final mobs in PoWar I need to do the access quests. Problem is, I am stuck on the first step of the Defending the Castle quest.

It seems simple enough - go out and get a Tamrelian mob, bring him back to 'a willing subject', who will automatically attack. While the subject beats on the mob, click the Potion of Valorous Battle. Then wait for end of fight and I am supposed to get a page for the ledger. The problem is I am not getting the page.

The quest writeups seem to suggest that the willing subject can die or win the fight. But I can't get them to die, as there are 6 of them up, and they take out the mobs I bring to them first. So what am I missing - does the subject have to die? Do all of my toons need to be off the hate list for the incoming mob? Distance?

Figuring maybe only one of the 6 subjects would count, I made a macro to target each one separately with each member of group to make sure all of them were clicked. Nada.

Went through a bunch to get here, so it would be a pain to give up on something like this. Need advice, please.

P.S. Quest says to right click potion on the willing subjects. I am doing /useitem instead - I figure they are the same, but I am beginning to lose my sanity.

I can't really answer your question or help with the strategy but just wanted to let you know that to get planeslayer /achiev you don't need to do PoW. That is if your doing it to level up the chase loot gloves from fight fire task.
Good luck

The potion buff might need to be on the mob when it dies or kills, cant really remember and allakhazam is giving me a 403 error on that quest page.

I can't really answer your question or help with the strategy but just wanted to let you know that to get planeslayer /achiev you don't need to do PoW. That is if your doing it to level up the chase loot gloves from fight fire task.
Good luck
Good to know. One of these years I might get around to doing it.

All you have to do is go out and tag a mob and bring it back to a willing subject and then cast the clickies on a willing subject. Then back away and let them kill the mob you brought in.

Well, just came back to say....whoa, relieved and annoyed to find that PoWar isn't required for Planeslayer (as you noted, @phillsphan). Learned this little factoid when I finished PoJ slayer just now and saw the Planeslayer achieve come up. Serves me right for not even looking at the Planeslayer achieve in-game.

@burdsjm - that's what I was doing, repeatedly. No ledger pages. Nada. But I really don't care anymore. I have 6 pairs of gloves to level up.

IRL - Plane of War - Defending the Castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back