• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Pidgin is the best instant message program. Here's how to use it with Notaddicted (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
89,006¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Pidgin is an instant messaging program with no ads, no crappy bloatware, just open-source spell-checked goodness. Works with all existing IM accounts (e.g. AIM, MSN) no matter which you use.

logo.pidgin.png

http://www.pidgin.im

Best of all you can be in Notaddicted's IRC chat room ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Allow me to share how it's done:

1. Install pidgin and let it sign on to your AIM, MSN, and Adultfriendfinder accounts. (http://www.pidgin.im)
  2. Now let's get you on IRC. Click Accounts on the menu bar and select Manage, or press Ctrl+A.
  3. Click the Add button.
  4. Protocol: IRC
  5. Screen name: Your primary nickname
  6. Server: irc.notaddicted.com
  7. Click the Save button to close the Add Account dialog.

To automatically join #NotAddicted:

1. Click Buddies on the menu bar and select "+ Add Chat"
  2. Account: Select your NotAddicted IRC account, if it is not already selected.
  3. Channel: #notaddicted
  4. Check "Auto Join" and "Hide Chat"
  5. Click the Add button to close the Add Chat dialog.

You're all done! Now whenever you're IM'ing folks, you'll be in touch with your Notaddicted buddies.

Pro Mode
To automatically identify with NickServ upon connection:
(This is just to reserve your name. Must already be registered with nickserv. "/msg nickserv help" for more info.)

1. Click Buddies on the menu bar and select Add Buddy... or press Ctrl+B.
  2. Account: Select your Notaddicted Chat account, if it is not already selected.
  3. Screen name: NickServ
  4. Click the Add button to close the Add Buddy dialog.
  5. Right-click NickServ on your buddy list, who should appear online once you connect, and select Add Buddy Pounce....
  6. Uncheck Pop up a notification and check Send a message.
  7. Type in the message field: IDENTIFY password
  8. Check Recurring.
  9. Click the Save button to close the New Buddy Pounce dialog.

Last edited:
[*]Account: Select your Nightscrawlers Chat account, if it is not already selected.

Nightcrawlers !?!?! You mean NotAddicted, right ?

I use to be apart of Nightcrawlers on AB (thats a server in EQ)

- decker

This post is full of stuff I didn't see when I first read over it skimming it.

This sir, is teh funny fo sho.

Pidgin is the best instant message program. Here's how to use it with Notaddicted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back