• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Pet tanking (1 Viewer)

Creedy

September 10th, 2023
RIP
RedCents
70¢
I haven't did pet tanking with MQ2 yet, Do I have my alts assist the MAGE or the Pet?? and if I assist the pet does that me if I use chase that they are going to chase the pet around?

With assisting the mage, if I have anything set to MA does that mean he wont cast it the pet?
if so how would I set it so he cast on pet only

Another question, this is my frist pet tanking, My mage is sending in the pet it seem to far because the others are not assisting because they are to far away anyway to change this?

There is a pet section where you'll want to put the buffs you want on your pet. You'll also want to change the distance in the PetAttackDistance line, e.g. (relevant sections bolded):

[Pet]

PetOn=1
PetSpell=Embodiment of Water
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=1
PetShrinkSpell=Diminutive Companion
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=6

PetBuffs1=Iceflame Keep
PetBuffs2=Burnout XIII
PetBuffs3=Companion's Aegis
PetBuffs4=Auspice of Esianti
PetBuffs5=Second Wind Ward
PetBuffs6=Host in the Shell

PetCombatOn=1
PetAssistAt=98
PetToysSize=1
PetToysOn=1
PetToys1=Grant Wirn's Armaments|Summoned: Gorstruck Iceblade|Summoned: Gorstruck Fireblade|
PetToysGave=Goner|Grant Wirn's Armaments:Summoned: Gorstruck Iceblade1|Grant Wirn's Armaments:Summoned: Gorstruck Fireblade2
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=0
PetForceHealOnMed=0
PetAttackDistance=115

The buffs are coming for the Alts, I run a Druid and cleric, they have a few buffs i only want on the tank, and the mage pet is the one tanking

What MaxD suggested above is the preferred way, but if you are going to use the MA tag and want the pet to be buffed, then target the pet before starting kiss. However the Mage(Pet Owner) will be made Group MA and will set themselves as MainAssist. The Pet, of the Owner/MainAssist, can NOT acquire a target on it's own and has to rely on it's master to tell it what to attack next.

Question - Pet tanking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back