• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Path to NPC? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
Sorry to bother you guys but I have searched for finding a path to an NPC (aka. XtC so on and so forth), however I cannot find it. I do remember seeing something like it a while ago just cant seem to locate it or remember how to activate it.

A hack to allow all NPCs and PCs to show up in the Find window would be nice... or a /findpath $target command.

On a raid and can't see the MA in the mess or because he's shrunk?
/findpath $ma

If it were totally client side, I could imagine using that a lot to find specific vendor or quest NPCs instead of
/target someweirdname
/face

Gondola said:
A hack to allow all NPCs and PCs to show up in the Find window would be nice... or a /findpath $target command.

On a raid and can't see the MA in the mess or because he's shrunk?
/findpath $ma

If it were totally client side, I could imagine using that a lot to find specific vendor or quest NPCs instead of
/target someweirdname
/face

For raiding I have a hotkey set up to auto target the MA

/target "soandso" soandso being the name of MA

then I just tab back or F8 to previous target.....

If you had your
/mapfilter target
/mapfilter targetline
turned on that would show you the target (MA) and draw a line to him ..

you could also have a separate hotkey for

/stick 25 (or however close you want to be to him)

which would then bring you to him if nothing was in the way ..

Would this work? I also know there is a melee command for assist and another plugin that give an even stronger assist but this put you in attack mode which you might not always want to do...

hehe nm I think my question was answered somewhere in this sea of confusion lol.

/stick would work in some zones but not dungeon type.

The reason I used XtC as a reference is cus I get him confused with all the other mobs in that zone. Up this tunnel down that one over here behind this locked door etc. I am pretty sure /stick would bomb out considering hes on a different Z.

Was just curious if there was a bazaar type find plugin that actually showed up on your screen (not your map) and led you right to him. But Gondola already said that would be nice which leads me to believe theres not one lol.

Path to NPC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back