• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Patch / XPac / ToL / Downtime Dec 7 2021 (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
28,640¢
Pronouns
He/Him

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 6:00 AM PT* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 6 hours.

Patch notes for this update will be found in the Game Update Notes section of the forums once they are available.

*Convert to your local time

You'd have to thoroughly define downtime in order for someone to take that bet. Because I'm sure the patch will be over in that window...but...

Is there a way we can get more accurate timing on when servers will be ready ?

Problem is I will be doing other stuff during the day and I do not want to waste time to keep checking every 30 minutes

Is there a way we can get more accurate timing on when servers will be ready ?

Problem is I will be doing other stuff during the day and I do not want to waste time to keep checking every 30 minutes
they can't even keep things up when they say they're going to be up.

I don't think someone can divine some magic future information to say if/when it will be :)

Anyone have any answers as to this problem ?

Should I just wait to play until late Decemeber 7th ? ( like 10 pm eastern time)
if you have other things to do, sure
if you're looking a second time for a glimpse in the future, no one can answer that

if it is up and clean with no issues you'll be sad with fomo
if it isn't up and clean and has issues you'll be seething with "shoulda waited"

best to just check when it works for you to check

That is why I wonder, why don't they do this on a weekend ?

This way start of the week everything

because they don't want to work weekends anymore than most people. The expac will be live and the servers will be up whenever they decide to unlock them. After 22 years of expansions these past few have definitely not been the worst launches in EQ's history lol.

That is why I wonder, why don't they do this on a weekend ?

This way start of the week everything is clear and fresh
wait wut?

this is the most opposite-of-what-everyone-on-earth-wants i've ever heard.

in fact, the reason they're doing it on tuesday and not wed is to have an extra day to address issues before the weekend when a: staff is off, and b: many/most folks are home from work

Not mine, stole from a beta feedback post: *So the one-time rewards have between 14.8% and 14.9% less level experience at 116 than 115. The percent increase from 116 to 120 is between 14.7% and 14.8%. That means the one-time rewards give a larger percentage of level 120 than they do of level 116. If level 120 also takes more raw experience, it means the one-time rewards give more total experience at level 120, and it might be more beneficial to wait on finishing the achievements until we've earned 2-3 levels a different way.*

Not mine, stole from a beta feedback post: *So the one-time rewards have between 14.8% and 14.9% less level experience at 116 than 115. The percent increase from 116 to 120 is between 14.7% and 14.8%. That means the one-time rewards give a larger percentage of level 120 than they do of level 116. If level 120 also takes more raw experience, it means the one-time rewards give more total experience at level 120, and it might be more beneficial to wait on finishing the achievements until we've earned 2-3 levels a different way.*
nice - i wonder if that is how the ToV ones worked. i usually wait to like 30% in 113 to get them so everyone hits 115

wait wut?

this is the most opposite-of-what-everyone-on-earth-wants i've ever heard.

in fact, the reason they're doing it on tuesday and not wed is to have an extra day to address issues before the weekend when a: staff is off, and b: many/most folks are home from work

Also, alot of us can really only play on the weekend. God forbid the patch was Saturday and then the spend Sunday patching the patch. lol

I had some lvl 110 toons that I bought xpansion on. I PL'ed them to 115 and then I went and did the TOV Missions.

at 116 - I got about 25% of the lvl So it was decent jump...but it doesnt appear to be a terrible grind from 115 to 120 anyway.

I saw some folks on test already 120 - but of course that is Test.

Typically how long is it for program to be updated? it wont work right after patch right?
no, it has to be updated, goal is usually 8pm est, but in the past few months it has often been updated before servers are back up

Time to clea up my EQ installs etc.
Move all accounts to one directory. Done.
Update maps. Done.
Update mesh. Done.
Delete/compress old, dead, stuff. In progress.
Worry about going over my data limit for the month. In progress.

What other maintenance should be done?

Time to clea up my EQ installs etc.
Move all accounts to one directory. Done.
Update maps. Done.
Update mesh. Done.
Delete/compress old, dead, stuff. In progress.
Worry about going over my data limit for the month. In progress.

What other maintenance should be done?
Real life stuff like grocery shopping (get your snacks/drinks ready!), laundry and other chores so you don't have to do them the rest of the week after launch!!

soo how many prepped toons with max aa max exp and 10 slots of 15 aa claims and 5 finished overseers and before logging at 11pm est last night clicked there lesson of the day so when they logged didnt have to worry about hitting lesson

no, it has to be updated, goal is usually 8pm est, but in the past few months it has often been updated before servers are back up
Thank you, its ready when its ready, much rather have it be right then rushed, just trying to plan my grind lol. thank you for the update and all that you all do here. it is so much appreciated

News - Patch / XPac / ToL / Downtime Dec 7 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back