• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Patch on Wednesday 1/15 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
374¢
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 6:00 AM PST for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 5 hours.

Actually, worse than that is if they change the components to make ToV armor into no-trade .... which would mean we can't get our lvl 110 RoS characters decked out in tier 1 ToV visibles.

No mention of it in notes, and don't tell Tappin.

I would expect that to be a ninja change. Here's to hoping it doesn't happen, though! Between the visibles and the attuneables that gear is a HUGE upgrade over RoS stuff. It's basically putting your 110's into TBL group gear.

I have a sneaky feeling that it may be intended this way? Without having any droppable T1 level group gear in TBL they got a LOT of complaints of the expansion being too hard for casual folks in Conflag gear. This may help bridge the gap, especially since they left it as required 110, but recommended 115 so you don't get the full benefit straight away.

Was conflag stuff the same way? I didn't come back until after TBL was released so I don't know what that stuff looked like to level 106's when it first came out compared to what they had access to.

RoS was T1 / Conflagrant / T2 so the conflagrant was actually a step up from the T1 gear, seem to remember we called it T1.5 gear but F2P couldn't use it as it is 106 required. Don't know about the T1 gear never made a single piece of it.

I still want to go and check if Weeping at 110 is better than Snowbound at 110 for F2P. Oh normal ruleset servers cannot get Weeping can they...

Last edited:
I still want to go and check if Weeping at 110 is better than Snowbound at 110 for F2P. Oh normal ruleset servers cannot get Weeping can they...

Nope, we sure can't :) ... which is why Snowbound is king.

I think they may have bugged something. I noticed in The Eastern Wastes a lot less mobs up in the area I was killing (one of those where named could spawn from multiple locations in the area). I thought maybe somebody had just come by, but no, there are definitely less mobs there now. After killing the mobs that were left for about 5 hours there were 0 named. I think the ones that are gone may have been the PHs then, while the ones that remain are just normal spawns without a chance at a named. If I was just getting a ton of PHs I'd say well, they nerfed it a bit too hard, but the fact that half the mobs in the area seem to have vanished completely seems like it has to be a bug to me.

I think they may have bugged something. I noticed in The Eastern Wastes a lot less mobs up in the area I was killing (one of those where named could spawn from multiple locations in the area). I thought maybe somebody had just come by, but no, there are definitely less mobs there now. After killing the mobs that were left for about 5 hours there were 0 named. I think the ones that are gone may have been the PHs then, while the ones that remain are just normal spawns without a chance at a named. If I was just getting a ton of PHs I'd say well, they nerfed it a bit too hard, but the fact that half the mobs in the area seem to have vanished completely seems like it has to be a bug to me.

/bug it in game

It was bound to happen........logged into my cleric and for some reason! all his spell gems were empty👇(⊙_⊙)
nerf.jpg

Patch - Patch on Wednesday 1/15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back