• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Pack your $#!t and get out! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,189¢
I am at the end of my rope with storage. The bank and shared bank is full of Extraplanar Satchels trade-skill items. Dragon's Hoard is FULL and not one empty slot left in my inventory. The worst part of it is I made an alt for this and he is full too. How many alts do you make to store stuff before you just start selling it off or throwing it away.

You would think with two toons, some what 30 bags x 32 in the bank and another 20 x 32 plus slot bags in inventory with a dragon's hoard overflow of 250 items that you would have what you need to complete a couple artisan prizes?

I keep telling myself to just to start destroying complete bags of stuff and be done with it in a few minutes, but then I tell myself how much time you spend collecting it all. I am not a hoarder by any means in real life, but I can't come to terms with all this $#it clogging up my memory banks.

Ok, just had to vent that out there. Guess I will make another alt. Grrrr.

Last edited:
I’ve got 18 mules just dedicated to ts storage and sorting all with 34 extraplanar. Another 9 for collects. 1 for spells, 1 for foods, 1 for drinks, 1 for poisons, another for potions, yet another for powersources.

thats why people have like 6 houses to store theeir mats and collection items
6? I wish. Just put up my 28th house this week to adjust for more hero's forge armor sets not yet completed along with more collectables, etc.

Got tired of logging into alts, this way I just give everyone rights and can go to the house and get what is needed.

Just be aware I started with one alt for silks, one for pelts another for jewels and it took off from there. You too will fall into this hole.

HaHa, You guys are killing me here. I'm trying to clean out the bank and your loading up houses. hahaha. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I guess I will just have to buy a neighborhood now. hahaha I didn't even know you could have more than one house.

I am at the end of my rope with storage. The bank and shared bank is full of Extraplanar Satchels trade-skill items. Dragon's Hoard is FULL and not one empty slot left in my inventory. The worst part of it is I made an alt for this and he is full too. How many alts do make to store stuff before you just start selling it off or throwing it away.

You would think with two toons, some what 30 bags x 32 in the bank and another 20 x 32 plus slot bags in inventory with a dragon's hoard overflow of 250 items that you would have what you need to complete a couple artisan prizes?

I keep telling myself to just to start destroying complete bags of stuff and be done with it in a few minutes, but then I tell myself how much time you spend collecting it all. I am not a hoarder by any means in real life, but I can't come to terms with all this $#it clogging up my memory banks.

8 accts. Moar storage!

thats why people have like 6 houses to store theeir mats and collection items

Only 6? That must be a player-minimalist.

20 houses, never-ending stream of alts, and believe me, some days I truly hate trade skilling.

Edit: When they announced Dragons Hoard, I thought that storage will become something easily manageable ... well I was wrong.

It’s all about well sorted machine. Two toons just store my bulk silks, 2 my bulk ores, then one for each tradeskill, one for game wide global drops (cloth bolts etc), three for sorting/processing out stuff (unload from killers to sorters then ts specific). Another for all foraged/fished stuff that isn’t also mob dropped. Then I’ve got another mule I just use for current expansion stuff.

collects are one per expansion (if I could get enough of the scuffed 32 slot bags this would get condensed because then I could do 1 bag=1 zone for everything except rof)

Spells gets all the runes on one toon

storage mules are all on their own accounts so if I need something(s) I can rapidly and easily get exactly what I need quickly without having yet another spreadsheet to keep track of which house has what (there’s already a google sheet with 15 sheets in it to keep track of other stuff like gear, augs, type 5, anniversary, collects, hunters,aa status (fully maxed, functionally maxed, not maxed), what evolvers they have and if they have reqs done, spells per expansion from 86+ And another for keeping track of what accounts have what expansions. No this isn’t necessary if you have 3-9 toons, when you get above 30 it helps keep sanity especially when you just need to look at color coding to rapidly tell if it’s needed to be done still or not

Last edited:
HaHa, You guys are killing me here. I'm trying to clean out the bank and your loading up houses. hahaha. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I guess I will just have to buy a neighborhood now. hahaha I didn't even know you could have more than one house.

You know why your so deep into EQ and did not know that? Because it was probably in that single patch when houses came into the game and then never mentioned again. One game I can think if that gave you at least a UI indicator of how many "plots" you had left was SWG. Mostly because of the harvester feature you had to limit people to only a certain number of plots. But at least it was easily seen in the UI to show what you had left. Why would anyone think you could have more then one house?

Just searching on Fanra's EQ wiki it says "(October 8, 2013 patch increased from two to three)". So seems it was 2 at first. Just one of the many features that drops through the cracks for even long term players. Still a fun game all around but the inventory system, which majorly hampers the bazaar feature is one of the worst aspects. Dragon Hoard is a joke, because of how they have made BAGS such a huge thing in game it will never get fixed. If you let all items stack to 10,000 and gave people a bank that only worked like the dragon hoard with unlimited space people would have no reason to pursue bags.

Just think if we could all let EQ devs we want out of this BAG Fetish once and for all. Bags should be for inventory only. Not for Bank, Not for the Bazaar.

CHARGE WITH ME NOW! Lets fix this broken system! EQ forum request posts go!

Wait they will never listen, someone hug me :cry:

You can actually have as many houses as you want, its the plots you can only have 3 of.

Hence the need for all the alts. Buy the plots thru the alts (3 each) and use who ever has the loyalty points to buy houses and put them on plots. Those houses are rent free. So its just the plot rent you have to pay

You can sell your house/plot too.

And yes, I bought my own neighborhood.

Good stuff here. I did find out I could buy three lots. Put a 3 room house on each one. Tried to place another one room on it, but must of been doing it wrong and assumed you could only have a house on one lot. Started loading up the closet, cause that is the only place it would let me select for what I was putting in there.
As I am putting stuff in there I am thinking how am I going to remember what lot I put what stuff in. Kind of like what alt has all my ore and what alt has all of my silks. Then I am thinking, do I need yet Another Spreadsheet, you know like the one when you have 30 plus accounts and over a 100 alts.
I feel like I am creating a real life problem here over a game. Like I am waiting for my wife to bring another antique through the door.

Good stuff here. I did find out I could buy three lots. Put a 3 room house on each one. Tried to place another one room on it, but must of been doing it wrong and assumed you could only have a house on one lot. Started loading up the closet, cause that is the only place it would let me select for what I was putting in there.
As I am putting stuff in there I am thinking how am I going to remember what lot I put what stuff in. Kind of like what alt has all my ore and what alt has all of my silks. Then I am thinking, do I need yet Another Spreadsheet, you know like the one when you have 30 plus accounts and over a 100 alts.
I feel like I am creating a real life problem here over a game. Like I am waiting for my wife to bring another antique through the door.
I hav created Nav Waypoints to all my houses, named after whats in the houses. So when I open Nav UI I can just click wherever I want to go and I will run there. Same with the houses for collections.

Its such a relief to know im not alone.... Hi. My name is Panda, I might have a problem.... I have 24 TS alts (2 per TS including poison, alchemy, tinkering and research, 2 general, 1 for making trophies, 1 for making ap seals, 2 for current expac), and an extra account of 6 toons for collection items, Im not super into ornaments so there are only 3 of them (and 4 main toons dragon hoards are stuff too come to think of it).

I’ve got 18 mules just dedicated to ts storage and sorting all with 34 extraplanar. Another 9 for collects. 1 for spells, 1 for foods, 1 for drinks, 1 for poisons, another for potions, yet another for powersources.
Going to need a mule to hold all your mules at that rate.

Dude, I have seven toons on one account and three or four other toons on another account entirely dedicated to holding TS mats. Each toon gets their own TS (fletching, smithing, research, etc.). One toon is my "general" TS holding toon who holds all the tools, spits, pans, smokers, jewelry bags, etc. Things that are used by multiple TSs.

you don't even have a clue .. I have close to a billion trade skill items in banks , guild halls , dragon horde , real estate , in fact prolly have 30 houses full of trade skill stuff , I will make a holder mule and fill it all the way up every slot including banks ,guild halls , houses , dragon horde , everything , and make a new one , prolly have 50ish toons like that maybe more all I know is that it's too much to stop saving it all now.

you don't even have a clue .. I have close to a billion trade skill items in banks , guild halls , dragon horde , real estate , in fact prolly have 30 houses full of trade skill stuff , I will make a holder mule and fill it all the way up every slot including banks ,guild halls , houses , dragon horde , everything , and make a new one , prolly have 50ish toons like that maybe more all I know is that it's too much to stop saving it all now.
If I constantly had my plat farming teams going I would probably be well in excess of this hehe.

I am at the end of my rope with storage. The bank and shared bank is full of Extraplanar Satchels trade-skill items. Dragon's Hoard is FULL and not one empty slot left in my inventory. The worst part of it is I made an alt for this and he is full too. How many alts do you make to store stuff before you just start selling it off or throwing it away.

You could always do what I do and open a bottle of Merlot and after 3 glasses decide to clean your bank. It's all good until you hit the 4th glass and then things just don't seem as important and to hell with looking up that quest, oh look the bottles empty. I'm gonna go get another one and oh hell with it, I'm just going to delete that entire bag and start over. Really if you need help cleaning your bank, I have all sorts of tricks on how to empty out bags of entirely useful and utterly irreplaceable items :)

You know what would help me (since I sell most TS gear)? A counter for how long I've had shite in my trader bags and a market rate -5% hover over option so I could move gear faster or make fast decisions on whether or not a good will sell.

You guys are goofy. Step 1: Buy Plot... Step 2... Buy Houses (1 of each type for ease of sorting, imo, or groups of types for different goods if you're a true hoarder...) Now place the first house, and fill it up. Then put it into your backpack and place the second house... fill... place in backpack.../repeat with all houses until all of your stuff is neatly stored in a house that is in a bag... 1 room houses hold 250 'any' item... 3 room houses hold 300 'any' item. The only real difference is the rent price and the number of 'decoration' items... Crates can also be used in this way for 'Placeable' items... So 1 40 slot bag filled with houses can contain over 10,000 items... not sure if you can fill a house with crates and pull it up with the crates still inside because I have not quite lost the last shred of my sanity yet. :)

You guys are goofy. Step 1: Buy Plot... Step 2... Buy Houses (1 of each type for ease of sorting, imo, or groups of types for different goods if you're a true hoarder...) Now place the first house, and fill it up. Then put it into your backpack and place the second house... fill... place in backpack.../repeat with all houses until all of your stuff is neatly stored in a house that is in a bag... 1 room houses hold 250 'any' item... 3 room houses hold 300 'any' item. The only real difference is the rent price and the number of 'decoration' items... Crates can also be used in this way for 'Placeable' items... So 1 40 slot bag filled with houses can contain over 10,000 items... not sure if you can fill a house with crates and pull it up with the crates still inside because I have not quite lost the last shred of my sanity yet. :)
you play a gnome don't you?

6? I wish. Just put up my 28th house this week to adjust for more hero's forge armor sets not yet completed along with more collectables, etc.

Got tired of logging into alts, this way I just give everyone rights and can go to the house and get what is needed.

Just be aware I started with one alt for silks, one for pelts another for jewels and it took off from there. You too will fall into this hole.

lol this exactly! Our guild (literally me and 2 other people!) have 2 neighbourhoods, as one wasnt enough.. A different house for each TS, then collectibles, etc etc ETC AHHHH!!!! And good luck trying to remember whats what! So we have the TS placeables outside each house in their respective yard just to give us a hint which house is for which !

a hoarders dream... my nightmare!

lol this exactly! Our guild (literally me and 2 other people!) have 2 neighbourhoods, as one wasnt enough.. A different house for each TS, then collectibles, etc etc ETC AHHHH!!!! And good luck trying to remember whats what! So we have the TS placeables outside each house in their respective yard just to give us a hint which house is for which !

a hoarders dream... my nightmare!
I like that idea to put a placeable out front. I edited my maps to have labels on each house so that helps a little.

In our guild one of the members built giant floating words above every yard to identify what went into those plots and houses. I think it’s a newer feature and I have no clue how he did it but it sure did make it easy to figure out where things were

In our guild one of the members built giant floating words above every yard to identify what went into those plots and houses. I think it’s a newer feature and I have no clue how he did it but it sure did make it easy to figure out where things were

heh yeah we did that years ago for our guild before i started boxing.. i had a mage, must have summoned hundreds of flaming swords to spell out our guild name .. talk about adding lag to the zone though!

heh yeah we did that years ago for our guild before i started boxing.. i had a mage, must have summoned hundreds of flaming swords to spell out our guild name .. talk about adding lag to the zone though!
No it’s not flaming swords. It’s little glowing balls. Hell, who am I kidding? Maybe it is flaming swords. They were different colors though and I didnt notice any more lag than usual

No it’s not flaming swords. It’s little glowing balls. Hell, who am I kidding? Maybe it is flaming swords. They were different colors though and I didnt notice any more lag than usual
We used the vendor bought crystal fragments to spell out our name. And by we, I mean me and an OCD moment.

Oh i think we overdid it on placeable items in our GGH.. it was way over the top!

Discussion - Pack your $#!t and get out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back