• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Organization of V.V. & Red Guides (1 Viewer)

RedCents
969¢
How does everyone keep stuff organized?

I have trouble finding plugins and macros after I have installed them when I need to look up commands and have questions about them. I have tried using the Resouces tab, but I can't make it organized. I wish there was something like the Dashboard where I could easily see what I'm using and jump to the resource for questions.

I also, really like the Red Guides Launcher. I like that I can click on something and jump to it. It's easy on the Macros - because I don't have many. It's hard on the Plugins because I have a lot and they don't list alphabetically. I think the list is by install date - which doesn't help me as I don't remember when I installed something.

I use Watched too - but the same issue - I can't easily get to the resource that I need when I have questions.

As long as I'm on the topic: I have trouble finding the resource that I need. Maybe I don't understand the categories? It seems like I scroll through them every time I need something and have to open multiple windows. Then I don't always get the one I wanted. An example is the scribe plugins: there are POKScribe and Scribe, and maybe more. It would be nice to be able to sort them - even if a resource does multiple things and were in multiple places. Or, maybe I'm just still really new and this will get better with time?

Make sure you select "Watch" for all of your Macros / Plugin's
--This is located on the top right of each Thread /Plugin/Macro.

You can Watch or Unwatch. If you are Watching a Plugin or Macro it will populate in your RG Launcher.

1612892658066.png

Also there is a tab that you can revisit all your watched tabs.

1612892734768.png

In the RG launcher :

Down the left side you will have Macros section .. clik to open.
Then click on the topic of the macro you want to go back to visit.

Also the Redguides Launcher thread has videos and other info that will help you :
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/redguides-launcher.1255/

Last edited:
I use Microsoft OneNote to keep track of all of this plus general EQ stuff. I typically have it up when I am playing. If you aren't familiar with it, its a digital notebook that you can organize anyway you wish. Its free. Its searchable so its easy to find something if needed, you can insert tables, screenshots, and whatever else you need.

I put everything in there. When I find something useful, it goes in OneNote.

I use the Search feature all the time. But it pays to NOT be too specific with the built-in Search. If you want to be specific do a generic Google search.

It's unavoidable due to the way a Forum structure works, but people keep asking the same questions over and over and the answers inevitably recede into the mists of time. The industry has tried Wikis, FAQ's, Knowledge Bases, etc., but nothing seems to work well without a great deal of direct editorial action.

Also, anything you have in your RG launcher is a hyper link to that items page.. so i follow alot of stuff just to make it easy to go to 1 place and click the link..

That is a great point... I haven't joined/followed Sic's Youtube channel because I didn't want me IRL name linked publicly to 3rd party software. Is it safe to follow it? Couldn't they just go down his followers and ban people?

That is a great point... I haven't joined/followed Sic's Youtube channel because I didn't want me IRL name linked publicly to 3rd party software. Is it safe to follow it? Couldn't they just go down his followers and ban people?
that's pretty unlikely, but i can't tell you what you should or shouldn't do.

I don't actively ask people to subscribe or like or w/e - and i usually post any videos i make because i make them for the community - not really for youtube.

I do plan on doing more videos soon :tm:

that's pretty unlikely, but i can't tell you what you should or shouldn't do.

I don't actively ask people to subscribe or like or w/e - and i usually post any videos i make because i make them for the community - not really for youtube.

I do plan on doing more videos soon :tm:
sweet, love your vids man, was major help when i was getting started here.

as for then banning his followers/those that "like" his vids. technically its "cheating but not cheating" they literally patched a server last year to allow ISboxer (which is technically gainst the EULA) to work on it.

TECHNICALLY even using a custom UI or custom maps is against the EULA but they dont ban ppl for it. Play smart and be nice. dont be a douche that camps a named camp 24hrs a day and you are pretty safe. i know ppl that have been using MQ for 15 or 16 years now.

Custom UI, maps, and log readers aren't against the EULA -- technically, implied, or otherwise. Macroquest is 100% against the License agreement and called out (though not by name) in the current Terms of Service.

They also didn't patch a server to allow IsBoxer, they removed the keypress and window Truebox restrictions on Rizlona because it was not meant to apply. These are not the same things.

Boxing and botting are also not the same things. People have been, can be, and will be banned specifically for MacroQuest and MacroQuest alone should customer service decide to.

That said, don't use your EQ account name or real name on YouTube if you are worried about banning from that. Just create a separate account~ But it is highly unlikely that DPG staff are trolling YouTube for subscribers to ban. Besides being hard to correlate that data there are much easier ways to go about catching people and better uses of the time. Just don't comment "Hi my name is X on Y server and I too use Macroquest!" and you'll probably be fine.

Plus, Sic does a lot of good content so subscribing is a good way to keep up to date.

Discussion - Organization of V.V. & Red Guides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back