• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Omen or rog strix scar III Question (1 Viewer)

AshLyNN

RedCents
67¢
I'm looking to get a cheapy gaming laptop, i have a question for anyone who has one. both manufacturers state max ram is 32gb, but i found sever site that are selling 64gb on these laptops. can you confirm from personal experience that up grading to 64 gb is indeed feasible, or are they falsely trying to sell 64?

Hi AshLyNN,

It's important to know if the CPU will handle 64GB RAM some will some won't without the spec's its impossible to advise you on your question.

Cheers!
That is why I am trying to find out from personal experience from somebody because both manufacturers say Max 32 gigabyte but stores on the internet are advertising that they're selling a 64 gigabyte of the same product and I'm not understanding how they can do that if the manufacturers States 32 maximum so I'm asking somebody from personal experience if they have one of those computers and have 64 gig in it?

According to Intel the max memory those processors can handle is 41.8 GB. so having more wouldn't do you any good as far as processing goes the laptop "might" use the additional memory to run the graphics processing unit but its not certain.

According to Intel the max memory those processors can handle is 41.8 GB. so having more wouldn't do you any good as far as processing goes the laptop "might" use the additional memory to run the graphics processing unit but its not certain.
Can you ink where you read that? Because I read the i7 9750h was 128gb

This is the Asus Rog I use when I travel and am going to be gone for a bit. I run a group of 6 on this with zero issues. Its a 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor from the factory. I bought it last year from Costco. They still sell it there. I never upgraded the 16GB Ram to 32. Didnt need to. Hope this helps.

Mine actually says signature edition, not sure why. Here is a snap of it. From what I read they are 4 slot units at 8 per slot giving you 32. Again though, I dont need anymore than what I am showing here to run 6 accounts with no lag.
2019-11-18.png
Yes, I know, my gf tells me its too big!

Mine actually says signature edition, not sure why. Here is a snap of it. From what I read they are 4 slot units at 8 per slot giving you 32. Again though, I dont need anymore than what I am showing here to run 6 accounts with no lag.
View attachment 18351
Yes, I know, my gf tells me its too big!
thanks this helped a great deal im just going to get the new rog strix scar III and go from there!

I have 2 ROG strix scar gl703gm though I wouldn't consider them cheap persay lol, they were $2300 for the set when I got them. They do in fact cap at 32gb, 2 bays 16gb each. It comes with a single 16gb slab. Stats are basically the same as surgfdog except I have 32gb ram and my cpu is an i7-8750H running at 2.21GHz.

I've had 10 instances of EQ running, with everything turned on, spell effects, armor, models, everything a default install turns on (no shadows) and it handled it with zero issues. Fan wasn't even that loud.

This is my gaming center, I currently have 7 characters rotating at char select.gaming.png

Question - Omen or rog strix scar III Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back