• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Old man = new player (1 Viewer)

Tiggamcgee

RedCents
260¢
Greeting fellow EQ people. So watched a few DocLegendary/PallyDPS videos and got the itch to play EQ again. Looking to setup a 3 man team to start. Dont think I could handle 6 man at this point as my old man reflects are not what they once were.
Any advise for a good 3 man team to start? Would be playing on Project Lazarus.

Welcome! I dont play on a EMU (or havent for awhile), but we do have a healthy group of people that do. Welcome to RG's, and they will hopefully chime in with amplifying information.

Welcome to RedGuides!

I would start with a tank (SK or pal), a heal (CLR or shm), and a bard - then make some dps.

There are dozens and dozens of threads on this same question. Look around and read.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome! The thing about 3 vs 6 is that with the tools available here, there's really no difference. You'll "drive" one toon primarily and the rest should just do their thing once they're set up. Don't let the full group thing scare you like it did for me for a long time. It's just as easy and you get the benefits of a full group of real players without the hassle of manually 6-boxing.

welcome to RG!

I have to agree with 2ndGoat here - once you dip in your toe in this pond you will see that running a full team is not nearly as daunting a task as you think. If you start with 3 at some point you will have to go back and level up the rest of your group. Check out the links in Sic's sig - tons of info on how to get it all going.

Video Games Ghost GIF by Call of Duty

welcome back, thats awesome.

Ya a 3 man team to get back into the swing of things is a great idea.
Tank ...SK is probably the best group content tank. plenty of times a group somehow all dies and the SK just keeps killing... its funny... its also alot of fun to play. think monk, cleric and necro all rolled into one with a dash of warrior. so many options. Sk is also great for being a group driver.
healer... flavor. honestly cleric is way too op unless u r raiding. u just dont need that. shaman offers all kinds of stuff, great buffs, debuffs ( slow malo lines and ae slow/malo lines off aas so thats nice ), Hots, hard heals, group heals and a really tight synergy with an sk. If i used warriror id probably use cleric but honestly not 100% sure. both classes also have great aura's. the shaman aura is spectacular though for the entire group. I wont talk about druid because i honestly never played one and have no real input there.
U can go a dps class next or a control type next. or you could go bard:)... ya bards is nuts, still, doesnt matter what dps type u use, bard will boost their overall effectiveness by a massive amount, ranged casters, np., melee dps, np, ranger because u like rangers, np, 4 tanks because u think thats funny shit, np, 3shamans because u love the shaman, np.. just doesnt matter. Ohh and ya. he/she still kicks all that is ass when it comes to controlling a situation. Feel like getting skibbly, take that badass musicman for a run. while you are out there, go pull something back to your group cause why not. fade that biotch onto your tank ( or healer cause thats sometimes fun too ) slide to the side or back and lay the beats while you lay the beatdown. fun fun fun. ohh and if your group gets dumb, u just play your aura and go to sleep playing a melody of dot songs and watch as u outdps most of their lazy asses.

anyway, when it comes to eq, flavor is everything. with RG you can basically run through things u used to crawl through and increase your learning/relearning speed as well as build and test out different group makeups super easily. You have the control you desire, you drive, or it drives and u control the overall group. dont be afraid to test everything you can think of. Find your flavor and enjoy EQ to the fullest.

Years ago i used to box a full crew without using RG... i wouldnt even think of boxing 3 now without it.

The site is amazing, people are even better.

Welcome back!
ZD

While input is appreciated, the OP specifically said they intend to play on Laz, so "end game, current quest, this class is best in game" isnt really gonna apply.

Welcome to RG!!!! EMU got quite popular during last years suspension waves, so there should be plenty here to offer information/advice,

I am in the same boat as OP, figured I may as well ask my similar question here. I dont see many people recommending war for some reason, do they just fall off compared to SK/Pal or is there something else? War/Shm/Brd was what I was about to start setting up for simplicity and learning everything... will I regret that if I get hooked lol?

Greeting fellow EQ people. So watched a few DocLegendary/PallyDPS videos and got the itch to play EQ again. Looking to setup a 3 man team to start. Dont think I could handle 6 man at this point as my old man reflects are not what they once were.
You're going to love Project Lazarus. Really fun server, with lots and lots of people and lots of boxers. Haven't really met a bad person there yet. I will say though the GMs on the servers don't like AFK botting. I've been visited plenty of times by a GM to give me "cookies" or some other gifts. Lots more active GMs than Live.

Most of all, have fun!

Welcome back! You're in for a treat! I came back a couple of months ago on Live, went looking for MQ, stumbled across RedGuides and WOW! What a trip. I've played on a number of EMUs over the years and they are fun. If and when my time on live goes sour, I will return to EMU.. but until then I am really enjoying the live servers again. Never played on Lazarus tho.. will have to look into it.
Anyway, the RG version of MQ will blow your mind. And like others have said, it really doesn't make much difference whether you run 3 or 6 as far as the complexity.. Kiss will run it all very nicely.
Enjoy!!

WB man, i'm also a returning player after what, 3 years i guess...what videos are those? can u post a link of them here, cause i dont see many EQ videos on youtube...

/cheers

I am in the same boat as OP, figured I may as well ask my similar question here. I dont see many people recommending war for some reason, do they just fall off compared to SK/Pal or is there something else? War/Shm/Brd was what I was about to start setting up for simplicity and learning everything... will I regret that if I get hooked lol?
As an old sk main I’m a bit biased, but I believe sks make the group game easier. You can drive the group, pull for it and tank which is very nice for ease of boxing and the epic 2.0 click is extremely nice as a bonus.

Of course if you want to raid knights can’t replace warriors for any newer raids but for grouping they make life easier imo.

Discussion - Old man = new player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back