• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software OK Guys it's HELP time! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,373¢
So I have a friend that has returned to EQ and he bought a monster laptop with 32 cores and is trying to install Gina. The problem is when he tries to download Gina he gets the following message ...

File not downloaded: potential security risk. The download is offered over http even though the current document was delivered over secure https connection. If you proceed, the download may be corrupted or tampered with during the download process. Ypu can search for an alternate download source or try again later. And it give two buttons. Remove file or allow download.

We have tried the allow download option, but it doesn't finish the download process and Gina is never properly installed. I have done some research and Gina will not run on 32 cores and I have found the fix to make it only run on 16 cores, but since it is not downloading properly I can't do the fix. Anyone have any ideas? He is running Win 11. We have tried so many things. I even tried sending him the setup file via email and that is not working either. I am wondering if it could be a permissions thing, but that is over my head.

So I have a friend that has returned to EQ and he bought a monster laptop with 32 cores and is trying to install Gina. The problem is when he tries to download Gina he gets the following message ...

File not downloaded: potential security risk. The download is offered over http even though the current document was delivered over secure https connection. If you proceed, the download may be corrupted or tampered with during the download process. Ypu can search for an alternate download source or try again later. And it give two buttons. Remove file or allow download.

We have tried the allow download option, but it doesn't finish the download process and Gina is never properly installed. I have done some research and Gina will not run on 32 cores and I have found the fix to make it only run on 16 cores, but since it is not downloading properly I can't do the fix. Anyone have any ideas? He is running Win 11. We have tried so many things. I even tried sending him the setup file via email and that is not working either. I am wondering if it could be a permissions thing, but that is over my head.
@Turaj Steelfist ... try tapping it a little...like so

League Of Legends Lol GIF by G2 Esports

First you may have to right-click on the downloaded file, open Properties, and "Unblock" it. Then you have to run setup.exe from an administrator elevated command prompt. Then you will still need to follow the instructions on how to limit the number of processors.

I still have Gina installed but only use EQLogParser for all my triggers! I still use Gina's log file maintenance because the one in EQLP doesn't work for me.

Last edited:

This is a common issue with Firefox, the browser I'm assuming you're using when trying to download GINA.

Try using a different browser as Firefox, by default, attempts to block incoming downloads from insecure websites.

You can also find other solutions here if you must use Firefox:

Another option for trigger text would be NAG, although it clocks in at a hefty 8gb install, it has some other functionality folks like.

I personally prefer GINA as a lightweight solution because eqlogparser doesn't do very well if you are trying to do triggers with multiple toons and personal emotes. Log parser stays to parse combat and that's it (for me).

I dont use audio triggers when boxing, i trust my automation to work (if 1 out of 36-42 char gets a audio trigger, to bad..). For hand play ELP works like a champ. And there is a post here on NAG, it was.. robustly discussed..

Thanks all for the suggestions. It is not a firefox issue because he originally got the issue with Chrome and then I had him install Firefox and try that, still same results. I understands there are other utilities to use, but we use Gina for raids and it is required. I am not sure if NAG will import Gina and if that will work I would not mind getting that setup. Ill have him try the unblock idea. It is very difficult for me to troubleshoot what he has or doesn't have as it pertains to permissions. His computer competence is on the low side so navigating around can be cumbersome and TBH I know very little when it comes to permissions other than turning on/off firewalls and virus scanners.

Thanks all for the suggestions. It is not a firefox issue because he originally got the issue with Chrome and then I had him install Firefox and try that, still same results. I understands there are other utilities to use, but we use Gina for raids and it is required. I am not sure if NAG will import Gina and if that will work I would not mind getting that setup. Ill have him try the unblock idea. It is very difficult for me to troubleshoot what he has or doesn't have as it pertains to permissions. His computer competence is on the low side so navigating around can be cumbersome and TBH I know very little when it comes to permissions other than turning on/off firewalls and virus scanners.
ELP accepts GINA trigger files, and its invisible to the user *accept and convert GINA trigger file?" "yes please do" (IE nobody would know your friend has the better software).

I was looking at the Trigger setup for EQLP, but could not immediately see a way to monitor multiple log files for the audio triggers to fire. Is that possible with EQLP? I mainly use ti for running 2 characters, with one set to the male voice, and the other set to the female voice.

I was looking at the Trigger setup for EQLP, but could not immediately see a way to monitor multiple log files for the audio triggers to fire. Is that possible with EQLP? I mainly use ti for running 2 characters, with one set to the male voice, and the other set to the female voice.

Yes, EQLP will monitor numerous characters for event triggers, separately from monitoring 1 for DPS parses, looted items, and so on.

Software OK Guys it's HELP time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back