• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - October 2023 Patch (oct 10 test, oct 18 live) (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
29,531¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Rejoice! Several servers have become "relaxed truebox" or received truebox removal. While MacroQuest will not work on them today, support will be added later.

October 10, 2023

*** Highlights ***

- Removed True Box from Mangler, Aradune, Mischief, and Thornblade.
- The Target of Target window has been converted to the new UI engine.

*** Items ***

- Marked the following as quest items:
-- Fractured, Warped, Distorted, and Phased Primeval and Coeval Luminessence and Incandessence
-- Palladium, Iridium, and Rhodium Encrusted Clays
-- Coin, Emblem, and Amulet of Brell

*** Quests & Events ***

- Corrected an issue where lockout modifiers would not affect shared task lockouts if you left the task or went offline before it was finished.

*** Spells ***

- Heal and damage over time spells are now affected by Heal Amount and Spell Damage modifiers, respectively.

*** AA ***

- Bard - Updated all ranks of Troubadour's Synergy to focus the last 2 spells in both the Insult and Disdain lines.

*** Overseer ***

- The confirmation box when starting an Overseer quest has been removed.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Randomized Old Man McKenzie loot on randomized loot servers.
- Added the no encounter lock flag to various NPCs.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where instance lockouts could sometimes double.
- Modified the /follow command to ignore "%t" as a parameter, as following the current target is the default behavior.
- The /bug command on the Test server now redirects you to the Test server bug forums.
- Shrouding will now close multiple windows that may become unusable in your new form.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue where achievement chat filters would not save their settings when turned off.
- Corrected an issue where messages from another player drinking alcohol would not go to the Food and Drink Messages filter.
- Fixed item icons lingering in the inventory after being donated for Tribute.
- Fixed items sometimes not highlighting in the inventory.
- Viral spells now show Viral Range and Spread Time in the Spell Display window.
- Resized columns in Alt. Currency will be saved after logging out.

- Added -

- TargetOfTargetWindow.html

- The EverQuest Team

What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

Last edited:
how long after truebox gets removed will redguides build work on Mangler?
watch the subs come rolling in !

Did you get an answer? I'm not subbed at the moment so I can't read the link. But I will be if its confirmed it will work.
"RG" will work when mq is updated for that, which is "sometime after". They're not going to announce it.

MQ is not supported on Truebox servers. If/When a server transitions into "relaxed truebox" or complete removal of truebox restrictions, MQ support would be added at *sometime* afterwards.

> Here is the link to the sticky <

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

"some time after" hehe. From what i understand the patch goes to removal on mischief, mangler and all them buds on the 18th ish? I will be absolutely looking forward to MQ being available as i loved using it on live servers when i played there.

If you mean subbed to these forums?....... for level 2 all you need to do is use your sense.

Your Red Cents ....

ok that was bad.
i know i need 50 red cents to get access to level 2.... but i'm guessing it's going to take awhile to earn that, so planning to just pay for it once it works on mischief, and sub for the plugins that work with my basic crew....

i know i need 50 red cents to get access to level 2.... but i'm guessing it's going to take awhile to earn that, so planning to just pay for it once it works on mischief, and sub for the plugins that work with my basic crew....
50 RedCent is pretty easy actually, just gotta hang out with us here on the forums =-P

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

i keep reading that you can give it to others... but i can't find the option, it's not where the thumbs up icon is, and if i click on others red cents icon it just shows who has given.

50 RedCent is pretty easy actually, just gotta hang out with us here on the forums =-P

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

but yeah, definitely starting to hang out here from today to learn.. been watching alot of sic's vids to get up to speed...

debating if i should try it out on test before it gets patched to work on mischief.

i keep reading that you can give it to others... but i can't find the option, it's not where the thumbs up icon is, and if i click on others red cents icon it just shows who has given.
You need to be level 2 to give them out. And when you give them out it does not take any away from you. So here is a level 2 so you can give out red cents and see the other stuff.

You can only give out 4 a day but if you post something that others like then you get 10

You earn more with your posts. For example, I was hoping for a couple to get marked on my post about using sense/cents cause it was funny but guess it was too corny. All I got was a taco and a laugh and while I love tacos - you can't buy red cents with them. But any posts that are helpful, funny whatever.

See the black bar under your name? That is the one month of level 2 I gifted you.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/direct-x-11-api-port-postponement.293359/ this also :bang:

Good day Norrathians,

The DirectX 11 API Port, originally scheduled to launch with the October 2023 update, is being postponed to a later date that is not currently set. There are some critical issues which have recently come to light that are blocking us from releasing this to the live servers at this time. We will continue testing it on the Beta and Test server, and we truly appreciate everyone who is continuing to assist with testing and reporting issues.

As always, we appreciate your understanding and patience while we work diligently to find a resolution to these issues.

Safe adventures,
The EverQuest Team

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to be level 2 to give them out. And when you give them out it does not take any away from you. So here is a level 2 so you can give out red cents and see the other stuff.

You can only give out 4 a day but if you post something that others like then you get 10

You earn more with your posts. For example, I was hoping for a couple to get marked on my post about using sense/cents cause it was funny but guess it was too corny. All I got was a taco and a laugh and while I love tacos - you can't buy red cents with them. But any posts that are helpful, funny whatever.

See the black bar under your name? That is the one month of level 2 I gifted you.
Ahh that explains it.
Thank you for that. <3

Yes

Another light patch that does not address any real issues...
@jande

-- EQ Live Dynamic Patch Process Map --

button GIF

October 18, 2023

*** Highlights ***

*** Items ***

- Marked the following as quest items:
-- Fractured, Warped, Distorted, and Phased Primeval and Coeval Luminessence and Incandessence
-- Palladium, Iridium, and Rhodium Encrusted Clays
-- Coin, Emblem, and Amulet of Brell
- Crucible Steel two-handed weapon ornaments will now work on two-handed blunt weapons.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Corrected an issue where lockout modifiers would not affect shared task lockouts if you left the task or went offline before it was finished.

*** Spells ***

- Heal and damage over time spells are now affected by Heal Amount and Spell Damage modifiers, respectively.

*** AA ***

- Bard - Updated all ranks of Troubadour's Synergy to focus the last 2 spells in both the Insult and Disdain lines.

*** Overseer ***

- The confirmation box when starting an Overseer quest has been removed.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Randomized Old Man McKenzie loot on randomized loot servers.
- Added the no encounter lock flag to various NPCs.
- Character transfers from Ragefire to Mangler are now allowed.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where instance lockouts could sometimes double.
- Modified the /follow command to ignore "%t" as a parameter, as following the current target is the default behavior.
- Corrected an issue that could allow a raid to request an expedition while already having one active.
- Shrouding will now close multiple windows that may become unusable in your new form.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue where achievement chat filters would not save their settings when turned off.
- Corrected an issue where messages from another player drinking alcohol would not go to the Food and Drink Messages filter.
- Fixed item icons lingering in the inventory after being donated for Tribute.
- Fixed items sometimes not highlighting in the inventory.
- Viral spells now show Viral Range and Spread Time in the Spell Display window.
- Resized columns in Alt. Currency will be saved after logging out.

- Added -

- TargetOfTargetWindow.html

I am happy that they delayed the DirectX 11 API port.

It is going to cause nothing but issues/breakage on older computers/GPUs/iGPUs.

From the reports on Test, even when there are no glitches, there is a performance hit.

I have some GPUs that technically support DirectX 11 but only 11_0 not 11_1 so most likely EQ will barely run (through some emulation of some features).

I have some Ivy Bridge machines that will become useless.

At least for SFF machine I can overpay for some newer low rise GPU, but for USFF cases there is nothing to you can do.

Servers appear to be back up. Go get your fix! Or if you're like me, at least enough to hold you over until MQ is back lol
I'll wait. Impatiently. :)

On the note of waiting... How long does it normally take for a working MQ version to be released after a major game update, like a new expansion? Do new expansions require a LOT of tweaks to MQ or is there no difference at all?

I am happy that they delayed the DirectX 11 API port.

It is going to cause nothing but issues/breakage on older computers/GPUs/iGPUs.

From the reports on Test, even when there are no glitches, there is a performance hit.

I have some GPUs that technically support DirectX 11 but only 11_0 not 11_1 so most likely EQ will barely run (through some emulation of some features).

I have some Ivy Bridge machines that will become useless.

At least for SFF machine I can overpay for some newer low rise GPU, but for USFF cases there is nothing to you can do.
I am running Windows on a MacBook Pro (bootcamp) from 2017 or something. It is a fairly beefy machine, but it IS an Apple laptop. I dont know anything about computer tech stuff. How would I fare once they release the DX 11 update?

Patch - October 2023 Patch (oct 10 test, oct 18 live)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back