• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Newbie Mongs says Hi (1 Viewer)

Mongs

RedCents
220¢
Hi All.
I don't think I have been as excited about joining an online community as I find myself with Red Guides. Although I am such a newbie with so much to lean it doesn't take much of a run through the forum posts to see that there is something going on here.
Apologies in advance if I ask stupid questions.

Welcome, Mongs! With how much there is to learn with RedGuides, it’s understandable to be a little overwhelmed at first. Best thing you can do is to ask questions and use the beginner resources. Look forward to seeing you learn and grow.

Thank you, Mr Infernal. Going through the videos now. Yes, it is a bit overwhelming however I don't think impossible :) I appreciate the welcome and reply. Cheers
P.S. This forums section works very well. Credit to the team.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.
Wow. So much helpful info here. Very much appreciated.
Going through your suggestions (some videos 3 times).......slow brain.
Cheers.

Welcome! Def check out the links Psy posted, and MQ follows EQ, there is stuff to learn. Dont get frustrated, play around with the tools, watch the vids, and please ask questions. The forums are very active along with the RG discord.

Hi back at ya Mongs ! Welcome! This community is totally great (minus @ImGreg ) you're gonna love it here ! there is one small little problem though...you will potentially regret it...way way way way deep down...your inner 25 year ago EQ version of yourself,... will NEVER play EQ the same way again. Thats it.. its over.. you are now about to be assimilated into a RG forever player.. one week after the sweet sweet taste of Very Vanilla will leave the blandness of DBG flavor EQ playstyle to the void of "NEVER AGAIN". :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Hi back at ya Mongs ! Welcome! This community is totally great (minus @ImGreg ) you're gonna love it here ! there is one small little problem though...you will potentially regret it...way way way way deep down...your inner 25 year ago EQ version of yourself,... will NEVER play EQ the same way again. Thats it.. its over.. you are now about to be assimilated into a RG forever player.. one week after the sweet sweet taste of Very Vanilla will leave the blandness of DBG flavor EQ playstyle to the void of "NEVER AGAIN". :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
Who's imgreg?

Thank you all for the kind welcome everyone.
Slowly getting through the content and getting my head around it. The end goal looks to be very worthwhile. As a new EQ player one of the hurdles I have is to learn how to efficiently utilise available spells and AAs. I suspect this will do it for me but also teach me by so doing what I can use and when to use them. At the basic lvl anyway. I am sure all you advanced player then tweak depending on the current circumstance. Anyway step by step.
Thanks again for the welcome.

IRL - Newbie Mongs says Hi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back