• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - newb question (1 Viewer)

Ivoryfu

RedCents
70¢
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how well a enchanter pet can tank? Anyone done some tanking and can share experiences?
I know the order is Earth, Air, Warder, Necro pet, and probably then enchanter pet last, but if I gear it up, will it be more than a speedbump?
Level is 120 but any experience or statistics are fun

honestly never heard of someone using an enchanter pet to tank, charm pets are a thing pre 85 iirc but there animation pets dont do a whole lot ... i think even a shamans dogdog tanks better. i may be wrong on this my enchanter knowledge is ltd to what the plugin can do

Hello,
Can anyone tell me how well a enchanter pet can tank? Anyone done some tanking and can share experiences?
I know the order is Earth, Air, Warder, Necro pet, and probably then enchanter pet last, but if I gear it up, will it be more than a speedbump?
Level is 120 but any experience or statistics are fun
At 120 it just takes too long. Strikethrough is a killer. In Broken Mirror I did it all the time. Even took down some named. I used rune and dot, rune and nuke. If everything goes splat I hit Stasis and if that was down used The Drunken Stein ASAP. I use no automation during this process as the play style is vastly different. I would switch agro and get hit a few then switch back. I would have my "Hit me, Mez you" buff up. It only works on mobs that mez, which when dotted worked as a kind of stun. You have to have a lot of time and at this point I don't think it is workable. I would also add with augs I did not spec full int. I went into defense, HP and was high in agility. I also pulled out the Steadfast Servant which helps a tad. As an enchanter my mana wasn't an issue. Charmed pets are great and I use them as well. I think it comes down to not only the expansion your in, but the zone within that expansion.

honestly never heard of someone using an enchanter pet to tank, charm pets are a thing pre 85 iirc but there animation pets dont do a whole lot ... i think even a shamans dogdog tanks better. i may be wrong on this my enchanter knowledge is ltd to what the plugin can do
I used my enchanter pet to off tank. At 85. At 100/105 it was me, my merc healer and my enchanter pet tanking down named in The Broken Mirror. My pet never had pet weapons or anything like that unless someone handed them to me. Using it an off tank WAS possible, I just do not think I can pull it off after TBM. I have not tried recently but - even if I could, I think I would die of old age before the fight was over. I spent a lot of time on runes and stun. It took a LONG time to kill something. The flip side is I am probably the lowest DPS enchanter out there, but it eventually died, with the strong possibility I bored it to death.
Now my merc's are maxed and I use them and my pet can do a mind-boggling 1 or 2 percent damage LOL.

I use mt 117 shm pet to tank stuff ToV and lower with just me healing it. I can't take down namers but if my shm pet with only autogranted AA's can do it I am fairly certain your pet can do it with a dedicated healer.

Discussion - newb question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back