• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • The 5th Annual "EverQuest Software Awards" is here! Celebrate your favorite projects and win door prizes 🎁

Discussion - newb question (1 Viewer)

Ivoryfu

RedCents
40¢
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how well a enchanter pet can tank? Anyone done some tanking and can share experiences?
I know the order is Earth, Air, Warder, Necro pet, and probably then enchanter pet last, but if I gear it up, will it be more than a speedbump?
Level is 120 but any experience or statistics are fun

519helvis

test server lobbyist
RedCents
319¢
honestly never heard of someone using an enchanter pet to tank, charm pets are a thing pre 85 iirc but there animation pets dont do a whole lot ... i think even a shamans dogdog tanks better. i may be wrong on this my enchanter knowledge is ltd to what the plugin can do

RedCents
393¢
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how well a enchanter pet can tank? Anyone done some tanking and can share experiences?
I know the order is Earth, Air, Warder, Necro pet, and probably then enchanter pet last, but if I gear it up, will it be more than a speedbump?
Level is 120 but any experience or statistics are fun
At 120 it just takes too long. Strikethrough is a killer. In Broken Mirror I did it all the time. Even took down some named. I used rune and dot, rune and nuke. If everything goes splat I hit Stasis and if that was down used The Drunken Stein ASAP. I use no automation during this process as the play style is vastly different. I would switch agro and get hit a few then switch back. I would have my "Hit me, Mez you" buff up. It only works on mobs that mez, which when dotted worked as a kind of stun. You have to have a lot of time and at this point I don't think it is workable. I would also add with augs I did not spec full int. I went into defense, HP and was high in agility. I also pulled out the Steadfast Servant which helps a tad. As an enchanter my mana wasn't an issue. Charmed pets are great and I use them as well. I think it comes down to not only the expansion your in, but the zone within that expansion.

Users who are viewing this thread