• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - New to RedGuides (1 Viewer)

RedCents
128¢
Hello All,

Just getting started here at RedGuides as a friend sent me over stating this was the place to be if I'm looking to run multiple chars. I'm currently thinking about running sk/shmn 3x rogues 1x rng, but I'm open to suggestions. Please let me know your opinion.

If you happen to see my beautiful face Beauty.png running around FV, hail me and let's share a Skunk Breath Ale!

Hello All,

Just getting started here at RedGuides as a friend sent me over stating this was the place to be if I'm looking to run multiple chars. I'm currently thinking about running sk/shmn 3x rogues 1x rng, but I'm open to suggestions. Please let me know your opinion.

If you happen to see my beautiful face View attachment 59274 running around FV, hail me and let's share a Skunk Breath Ale!
You have 3 months of level 2 access on me. Others will be along to explain all the goodies you get. Enjoy ! If you ever need anything on FV let me know.

It means whatever you need on FV advice, plat, power leveling, plat LoL whatever you need to make it on FV. I try to look after as many of the players there as I can. With whatever help I can offer.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome!

It means whatever you need on FV advice, plat, power leveling, plat LoL whatever you need to make it on FV. I try to look after as many of the players there as I can. With whatever help I can offer.
Understood. I have to say, the community on FV is pretty nice. Met some people and have leveled to 125 thanks to them. Only experience I've had in the past with EQ was Agnar about 5 years ago, and original EQ back in 2004. Both times not having past Gates of Discord. It's been nice to see the changes past level 65 =)

Awesome. I think FV is the only way to play EQ it's why I try to help as many folks as I can. Someone was always there to help me. Just keep the circle going.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Hiya TRS80 and Welcome to RG!

Looks like Durango linked you the video to get your feet wet. Below is some additional info that help as well once you've watched them all.

When you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.). New as of Feb 2024, RG Mercs Lua Version

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , Magellan and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

Looks like Rob gave you a few months of level 2, so you're all set there. To maintain it you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Just a word of advice, MQ is still very frowned upon by DBG and the EQ community as a whole. It's a bannable offense to use MQ. Check out my play it safe tips in my signature for tips on how to mitigate your risk with the tools.

Also WELCOME! Redguides is a great place with great people. Enjoy!

BBT_Thunderdome_Gif.gif

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Hiya TRS80 and Welcome to RG!

Looks like Durango linked you the video to get your feet wet. Below is some additional info that help as well once you've watched them all.

When you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.). New as of Feb 2024, RG Mercs Lua Version

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , Magellan and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

Looks like Rob gave you a few months of level 2, so you're all set there. To maintain it you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.
Thank you. Yes it's a lot of information, but I'm going to take my time and make certain that multiboxing is exactly what I want to do.

IRL - New to RedGuides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back