• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - New to Redguides question/help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
130¢
Hello.
"I am new here"... :)
Old in EQ and found your MQ few weeks ago.
It works amazing! I do not need to split eyes to three computers and can concentrate on the main toon, while MQ doing all side tasks.
Great work, really enjoy it!
My dumb question: Do i need one MQ account with plugin per toon, or i can log it on each computer and just start the different plugins?
Thank you.

Hello.
It works amazing! I do not need to split eyes to three computers and can concentrate on the main toon, while MQ doing all side tasks.
My dumb question: Do i need one MQ account with plugin per toon, or i can log it on each computer and just start the different plugins?
Thank you.
Hello @Woodooboo You specified plugin, and I see you own MQ2Cleric - So I'll assume that's what you're referring to. The CWTN Class plugins are per class, per redguides user. So if you decide to make 873 clerics, the one plugin will play all 873 clerics provided your house can power that much computing power.
If you are asking if you need multiple Redguides accounts, the answer is no. One account is sufficient for you to play with Redguides.

Hello.
Thank you.
Welcome to RG and this amazing community. Check out the posts above as well so you can get a better idea of what this community has to offer.

Hello @Woodooboo You specified plugin, and I see you own MQ2Cleric - So I'll assume that's what you're referring to. The CWTN Class plugins are per class, per redguides user. So if you decide to make 873 clerics, the one plugin will play all 873 clerics provided your house can power that much computing power.
If you are asking if you need multiple Redguides accounts, the answer is no. One account is sufficient for you to play with Redguides.
Thank you for the reply.
I am stupid. I opened another account for the second plugin (Thinking that different EQ account will need the different Redguides accounts... Yes, i am old :))
It is not big matter to me to keep the second "RG" account with the plugin on it (Anyway, i pay for the plugin subscription one way or another).
However, just brief, if you can advise: I want to add the one more plugin for the MAG.
If i add it to this account then to start the action i will need to start same RedGuides Launcher on two computers and just select different toon MQ in VeryVanilla.
(I run separate PC for each EQ account).
Thank you.
P.S. Little question: How to ask MQ Cleric to buff the group members?

Thank you for the reply.
I am stupid. I opened another account for the second plugin (Thinking that different EQ account will need the different Redguides accounts... Yes, i am old :))
It is not big matter to me to keep the second "RG" account with the plugin on it (Anyway, i pay for the plugin subscription one way or another).
However, just brief, if you can advise: I want to add the one more plugin for the MAG.
If i add it to this account then to start the action i will need to start same RedGuides Launcher on two computers and just select different toon MQ in VeryVanilla.
(I run separate PC for each EQ account).
Thank you.
P.S. Little question: How to ask MQ Cleric to buff the group members?
I would contact @Sic to get the plugin transferred to the account you wish to keep and delete the second account.

I would contact @Sic to get the plugin transferred to the account you wish to keep and delete the second account.
Just to clarify - the CWTN plugin is not restricted to an account. Once you purchase, it is available to all accounts and all toons. The license is connected to you RG account, not your EQ account.

Just to clarify - the CWTN plugin is not restricted to an account. Once you purchase, it is available to all accounts and all toons. The license is connected to you RG account, not your EQ account.
This is correct. I'm trying to encourage @Woodooboo to remove his additional RG account (which is against the RG terms of service) and have @Sic, who is a plugin author as well as a moderator to help him resolve this honest mistake.

Thank you for your help.
My second RG account - Wooshammy, with the ENC plugin connected to it.
If this is not too difficult task, i would be happy to have this plugin moved to this (Woodooboo) account.

another perfect example of why the RG box community is the best Norrath has to offer. welcome to it woodooboo!!!!

id like to also let you know that almost all of the paid license options from RG are available to try out first on the test server for free to decide if you like them or not. personally since you"ve already bought a few you know how good they are regardless lol.

Welcome to Red Guides!!!!

Indeed.
I see for myself how is my little group improves with Cleric and then Enchanter under RG assistance.
Say like 4 or more times better then manual more, where i need to split between 3 computers.
Now will try the MAG plugin.

Welcome to RedGuides!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Indeed.
I see for myself how is my little group improves with Cleric and then Enchanter under RG assistance.
Say like 4 or more times better then manual more, where i need to split between 3 computers.
Now will try the MAG plugin.
make sure you check out framelimiter, pretty much any modern computer could handle 6 toons without much fuss

Question - New to Redguides question/help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back